Random Political Issues Mega Thread

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
Former State Department Employee Pleads Guilty to Conspiring with Foreign Agents

Defendant Admitted Receiving Tens of Thousands of Dollars in Benefits From Two Chinese Agents in Exchange for Internal State Department Documents

Excerpt;

“Candace Marie Claiborne traded her integrity and non-public information of the United States government in exchange for cash and other gifts from foreign agents she knew worked for the Chinese intelligence service,” said Assistant Attorney General Demers. “She withheld information and lied repeatedly about these contacts. Violations of the public’s trust are an affront to our citizens and to all those who honor their oaths. With this guilty plea we are one step closer to imposing justice for these dishonorable criminal acts.”

“Candace Claiborne broke the public trust when she accepted gifts and money from foreign officials, and then lied about it to State Department background investigators,” said U.S. Attorney Liu. “The United States will continue to seek to hold accountable those who abuse their positions of trust.”

“Candace Claiborne was entrusted with Top Secret information when she purposefully misled federal investigators about her repeated interactions with foreign contacts which violated her oath of office as a State Department employee,” said Assistant Director McNamara. “The FBI will continue to investigate individuals who fail to report foreign contacts, which is a key indicator of potential insider threats posed by those in positions of public trust.”

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/form...loyee-pleads-guilty-conspiring-foreign-agents

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
GDP Growth at 3.2 Percent in First Quarter as Economy Steamrolls Over Skeptics

https://www.theepochtimes.com/gdp-g...economy-steamrolls-over-skeptics_2895622.html

Quick observation...

The Fed raised rates 4 times last year. Stock market bitched and moaned every time, and yet here we are.

Higher rates make for a healthier economy, and fuck the stock market. The stock market is not the economy. Low rates and QE raise stock prices and commodities through inflation, and investment banks make money, but it is not good for the rest of us.

Higher rates make for a stronger, more resilient economy, and when the economy does well, the stock market will be dragged along with it, kicking and screaming the whole way about high rates. With higher rates, investment banks and firms have to operate more responsibly as the cheap money dries up and they have to make wiser decisions.

johnlocke

Reaction score
GDP Growth at 3.2 Percent in First Quarter as Economy Steamrolls Over Skeptics

https://www.theepochtimes.com/gdp-g...economy-steamrolls-over-skeptics_2895622.html

Quick observation...

The Fed raised rates 4 times last year. Stock market bitched and moaned every time, and yet here we are.

Higher rates make for a healthier economy, and fuck the stock market. The stock market is not the economy. Low rates and QE raise stock prices and commodities through inflation, and investment banks make money, but it is not good for the rest of us.

Higher rates make for a stronger, more resilient economy, and when the economy does well, the stock market will be dragged along with it, kicking and screaming the whole way about high rates. With higher rates, investment banks and firms have to operate more responsibly as the cheap money dries up and they have to make wiser decisions.

A free market in interest rates are what is needed not this bullcrap non factual guessing. End the Fed.

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
A free market in interest rates are what is needed not this bullcrap non factual guessing. End the Fed.

Agree, but in the meantime, I prefer the fake interest rates not be 0%, but something a little higher and closer to what the market would be.

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
America's crippling debt: Every man, woman & child owes Uncle Sam $220,000

The spiraling US government debt is apparently much higher than the official figure of $22 trillion. The indebtedness of the American financial system has now reached $72 trillion, according to the numbers compiled by the US Fed.

The higher debt estimate includes corporate borrowings, consumer loans along with debts being added by state and local governments.

Over the past 40 years, the US Treasury has been borrowing at a rocketing rate with the state debt soaring from less than five trillion dollars during Ronald Reagan’s presidency, to $29 trillion when George W. Bush took the helm. The figure nearly doubled prior to the last financial crisis, having reached $54 trillion. Since then, the sovereign debt of the world’s biggest economy has increased by another $18 trillion.
Also on rt.com US debt soars nearly $1.4 trillion from last Christmas, rising $44,000 per second

The current US population stands at 328,675,066 according to the World Population Review. Simple calculations show that an average American owes some $220,000, while the share of a family of four is fluctuating around $880,000.

Last month, the US officially hit the debt ceiling with its limit expired on March 1. The Treasury Department will now have to take extraordinary steps to prevent the country from breaching the next debt ceiling by late September or early October.

https://www.rt.com/business/457603-us-soaring-debt-per-head/

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
Someone has came forward that mayor Pete sexual assaulted him in February. If true, he needs to make a criminal complaint. Being that it only happened two months ago and it seems he isn’t asking for money, seems believable.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Someone has came forward that mayor Pete sexual assaulted him in February. If true, he needs to make a criminal complaint. Being that it only happened two months ago and it seems he isn’t asking for money, seems believable.

My mom, who I often disagree was blasting him last night without even knowing this. If true he should be done. But this whole sexal assault thing has gotten insane in definition. Just touching someone pleasantly can be view as sexual assault so I'll wait and see.

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
I agree, depends on what the guy defines as sexual assaulting.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
These days, sexual assault can be looking at someone in the wrong way, it's reallly gotten out of hand.

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
Been watching the events in Venezuela...a couple of observations and thoughts...

1. Guaido doesn't seem to have much support. Seems like the best he can muster is a couple of hundred people, baed on what I have seen. That's pathetic.

2. The people rallying around Guaido look extraordinarily white and light skinned for Venezuela.
Look at any other Venezuelan gathering and you will see a mosaic of skin tones.
Guaido's crowd kind of looks like they rounded up the darkest skinned folks in Maine for a rally. It's not quite Snow White...there's just this absence of dark.
I think half of his crowd, maybe more, aren't even Venezuelan!

johnlocke

Reaction score
Been watching the events in Venezuela...a couple of observations and thoughts...

1. Guaido doesn't seem to have much support. Seems like the best he can muster is a couple of hundred people, baed on what I have seen. That's pathetic.

2. The people rallying around Guaido look extraordinarily white and light skinned for Venezuela.
Look at any other Venezuelan gathering and you will see a mosaic of skin tones.
Guaido's crowd kind of looks like they rounded up the darkest skinned folks in Maine for a rally. It's not quite Snow White...there's just this absence of dark.
I think half of his crowd, maybe more, aren't even Venezuelan!

That's not what I'm seeing at all. The MSM is calling this revolt a military coup and he has many supporters that are latino fighting the Maduro? Chavez tyranny and getting slaughtered in the streets. This is what the progressives like the Bern and AOC are looking to bring to the States.

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
That's not what I'm seeing at all. The MSM is calling this revolt a military coup and he has many supporters that are latino fighting the Maduro? Chavez tyranny and getting slaughtered in the streets. This is what the progressives like the Bern and AOC are looking to bring to the States.

Latino, yes.

It's hard to explain what I'm talking about, and hard to find a good picture of common Venezuelans at a rally where you can see the faces, but I found this one for a Maduro rally...

Here's a Guaido rally in Caracas..
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...0j0i30j0i24.0Pob03FoIDg#imgrc=Zzj1WEsXPYDl9M:

The above are what I expect Venezuelans to look like....

I can't find any good pictures of Guaido's militia, but they are too damned light skinned, or more accurately...there are not enough dark skinned people.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Latino, yes.

It's hard to explain what I'm talking about, and hard to find a good picture of common Venezuelans at a rally where you can see the faces, but I found this one for a Maduro rally...

Here's a Guaido rally in Caracas..
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...0j0i30j0i24.0Pob03FoIDg#imgrc=Zzj1WEsXPYDl9M:

The above are what I expect Venezuelans to look like....

I can't find any good pictures of Guaido's militia, but they are too damned light skinned, or more accurately...there are not enough dark skinned people.

Hahaha!!!

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
1,800 trapped underground in South Africa platinum mine – reports

https://www.rt.com/news/457936-south-africa-platinum-mine/

Excerpt;

They remain 1.5km underground but are said to have supplies necessary for survival.

While I am glad to hear it and hope it's true....

Exactly how much supplies can that be? 1800 fking people, a mile deep underground....how much supply would that require on a daily basis?

You don't need food, but water is essential. Aside from that, there are real diminishing returns if there are no sanitary facilities available.

There are so many other things, climate control, etc, etc.

1800 people?!?!?

holy crap.