Random Political Issues Mega Thread

IU_Knightmare

Reaction score
It’s a good litmus test...

I'm not so offended by Trump's candidacy, his presidency, his eventual defeat and the timeframe from election day to inauguration day in which he continuously shit the bed and wallowed in it, that I would feel obliged to take up the mantle for those who are offended by it, especially to pass the litmus test of a member of "the returned". Nor do I feel obliged to take to task someone with whom I normally agree when we disagree, though I have done it in the past here (a few off the top of my head I did when I felt a poster took his rhetoric too far with PFL, a few times with a few different posters who tried to paint PF09 as a left winger, and I still recall a more than spirited disagreement with PF09 over flavored e-juice bans).

TBH, not passing your litmus test means I passed mine, and that is good enough for me :coffee:

Providence Colt

Reaction score
You are so fixated on your Trump hatred you can't see past it, anyone that doesn't agree with you is a Trump swab or whatever other stupid name you want to call us. So how about you, what are you willing to die for?
My post literally said the opposite. There are posters here that are decidedly NOT Trumpswabs that are also decidedly NOT liberals. That’s called being principled.

Hell, you can be a Trump fan without being unprincipled. Patsfan64 is a Trump fan but he’s also reasonable and more importantly, honest about his support. I’d put you in that same category (well, honest about your support. At times unreasonably aggressive like you are right now but that’s okay).

It’s the people that are disingenuous about their beliefs and then attack other belief systems that I’m addressing here.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
My post literally said the opposite. There are posters here that are decidedly NOT Trumpswabs that are also decidedly NOT liberals. That’s called being principled.

Hell, you can be a Trump fan without being unprincipled. Patsfan64 is a Trump fan but he’s also reasonable and more importantly, honest about his support. I’d put you in that same category (well, honest about your support. At times unreasonably aggressive like you are right now but that’s okay).

It’s the people that are disingenuous about their beliefs and then attack other belief systems that I’m addressing here.
That's the nicest thing you have ever said to me. Thank you.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score

I'm not being aggressive, i'm being truthful and sorry but I don't pull any punches, that's just my nature. Now how about you answer my question, what is it that you are willing to die for?

Providence Colt

Reaction score
I'm not being aggressive, i'm being truthful and sorry but I don't pull any punches, that's just my nature. Now how about you answer my question, what is it that you are willing to die for?
Tough question and one that I should probably ponder as I certainly don’t have a readymade response and it’s a question that deserves some thought.

Do you have a list of what you’d be willing to die for?

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Tough question and one that I should probably ponder as I certainly don’t have a readymade response and it’s a question that deserves some thought.

Do you have a list of what you’d be willing to die for?
First and foremost, my family, they mean everything to me. Second would be our great Constitutional Republic, I took an oath over 40 years ago to protect it with my life and that oath never expires.

Providence Colt

Reaction score
First and foremost, my family, they mean everything to me. Second would be our great Constitutional Republic, I took an oath over 40 years ago to protect it with my life and that oath never expires.
Good for you, I would definitely agree on my family, too.

Ive never taken that oath to this country, but I’d certainly like to believe that if there were an actual threat (and not just jl’s hysterical melodramatic ramblings about the Republic dying zomg!) that I’d do the same.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
I commend your dedication to that. Like I said, past my family...well I say that, but I imagine if I saw a child in danger, instinct would take over, it happened before and I ran into a dangerous situation to help a child. Hell I might even do it for a dog.

johnlocke

Reaction score

According to reports last year, up to three million Uighur Muslims in China's western Xinjiang province have been taken from their homes since 2017 by authorities and disappeared into a prison camp, which the Chinese government glosses over as a re-education facility.

The BBC reported this month that women in those camps have been systematically raped, sexually abused, and tortured. Europe increases pressure on the Chinese Communist government.

IU_Knightmare

Reaction score
This can't be. Kids in cages under Grandpa Joe? NO NO NO NO NO!

It's so hard to keep track of when the caged kiddie camps are okay. They seemed to be okay from 2009-2016, then they elicited big tears from 2017 to 2020, and now they are mostly okay save for some strong words.

foobahl

Reaction score
This can't be. Kids in cages under Grandpa Joe? NO NO NO NO NO!

It's so hard to keep track of when the caged kiddie camps are okay. They seemed to be okay from 2009-2016, then they elicited big tears from 2017 to 2020, and now they are mostly okay save for some strong words.
View: https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/status/1364367953102168067?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1364367953102168067%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftownhall.com%2Ftipsheet%2Fleahbarkoukis%2F2021%2F02%2F24%2Faocs-tame-response-to-kids-in-cages-under-biden-n2585243

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score

The left doesn't try to hide it. They are openly anti-Semitic. Openly anti-white. Openly anti-America.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
"The Patron bottle that the shot was poured out of was completely empty (750ml)," the ranger also writes. "I asked Springsteen if he was leaving and he confirmed that he was going to drive out of the park."
Hayes claimed Springsteen reeked of alcohol. "[He] smelt strongly of alcohol coming off his person and had glassy eyes," the report states.

"The prosecutor was unable to provide the necessary evidence and facts". My ass.

If it were any of us we would be severely punished.

Severe condamnation from the left is 5...4...3...2... er, just kidding. Springsteen is a hateful progressive so he gets a pass.