Random Political Issues Mega Thread

johnlocke

Reaction score
🤟💘

Hawg may appreciate this as he listened to the audiobook of this spectacular novella. And truer words were never spoken.

Find your soul and never sell it. Collectivism upon which most base their lives is destructive soul, body and mind,

“I wonder, for it is hard for me to conceive how men who knew the word ‘I,’ could give it up and not know what they had lost. But such has been the story, for I have lived in the City of the damned, and I know what horror men permitted to be brought upon them.

“Perhaps, in those days, there were a few among men, a few of clear sight and clean soul, who refused to surrender that word. What agony must have been theirs before that which they saw coming and could not stop! Perhaps they cried out in protest and in warning. But men paid no heed to their warning. And they, those few, fought a hopeless battle, and they perished with their banners smeared by their own blood. And they chose to perish, for they knew. To them, I send my salute across the centuries, and my pity.”

—From ANTHEM by Ayn Rand

Who was Equality 7-2521 addressing those words to, speaking from a possible future?

US!!!!!

Last edited:

johnlocke

Reaction score
I support no man more than I do the freedom of all men. I support a constitution to which politicians are subject rather than politicians to which a constitution is subject. I support freedom of the press over a press which is for freedom. If a man cannot be good by his own free will, he is not yet good, and not yet a man—not a morally mature man, not a man worth knowing, not a man worth a man’s time. Come to my house as a good and free man, respectful and appreciative of good and free men, or don’t come.

johnlocke

Reaction score
"What we have here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach." - Cool Hand Luke and the reality of the situation presently and from time immemorial.

It's incredible we made it so far as a race with so many actively against, freedom, flourishing and progress.

"Thousands of years ago the first man discovered how to make fire. He was probably burnt at the stake he'd taught his brothers to light, but he left them a gift they had not conceived and he lifted darkness from the face of the Earth." ― Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

Live up to the great stature that is man that you born for.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Census is in and it looks like California, Illinois, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia are all set to lose seats in the house and Texas will gain two seats, while Colorado, Florida, Montana, North Carolina and Oregon each gained one seat.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Census is in and it looks like California, Illinois, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia are all set to lose seats in the house and Texas will gain two seats, while Colorado, Florida, Montana, North Carolina and Oregon each gained one seat.

People are STREAMING out of Michigan again. College students can't wait to move away. I can't imagine our own will want to stay given the direction of the state economically and politically.

I can't see a scenario where Michigan is our full time residence 3-4 years down the road.

Of course, I am not the captain of this ship, Lynn is. I just shovel the coal in and blow the whistle. She steers.

johnlocke

Reaction score
People are STREAMING out of Michigan again. College students can't wait to move away. I can't imagine our own will want to stay given the direction of the state economically and politically.

I can't see a scenario where Michigan is our full time residence 3-4 years down the road.

Of course, I am not the captain of this ship, Lynn is. I just shovel the coal in and blow the whistle. She steers.

Yeah my step daughter is leaving UM. She hates that state.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Yeah my step daughter is leaving UM. She hates that state.
Both UofM and MSU are contemplating requiring vaccinations for fall or the student must continue online only. Hard to believe she will get it given her feelings about it. She has friends at Alabama, the grades to transfer and Alabama has a dental school.

I could come around to "Roll Tide".

Last edited:

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score
Both UofM and MSU are contemplating requiring vaccinations for fall or the student must continue online only. Hard to believe she will get it given her feelings about it. She has friends at Alabama, the grades to transfer and Alabama has a dental school.

Umm...

Don’t be surprised if the majority of colleges and universities require it.
Northeastern
Brown
Cornell
Among others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Umm...

Don’t be surprised if the majority of colleges and universities require it.
Northeastern
Brown
Cornell
Among others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Well, the three you name specifically are unsurprising. UAB doing it would be a shock. They are and have been open for months. They are the very definition of what herd immunity is.

Unless Fauci is able to convince folks that herd immunity requires 135% vaccination/recovery...

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score
Well, the three you name specifically are unsurprising. UAB doing it would be a shock. They are and have been open for months. They are the very definition of what herd immunity is.

Unless Fauci is able to convince folks that herd immunity requires 135% vaccination/recovery...

All of the schools i mentioned have been open, too. UAB is highly recommending them, and May still decide to make them mandatory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
I am putting this here because I think it might belong here.

The big story out of the oscars is that Chadwick Boseman was snubbed over Anthony Hopkins. Being as I haven't seen either movie that either of them were nominated for, is it political or was Anthony Hopkins much better in his role and were people wanting Boseman to win because he was a POC and he died? Being that there hasn't been a movie that has interested me in a few years enough to go, I don't know much about either in their acting ability.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
All of the schools i mentioned have been open, too. UAB is highly recommending them, and May still decide to make them mandatory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Northeastern in Boston is fully open/in person? That is a surprise. I am glad that is the case.

UAB may do it, but I would be shocked. They are reaping the benefits of the horrible leadership amongst some the B1G schools and others in blue states. I see the college announcements from both HS's my kids went to (brother/sister schools) and I have never seen so many headed to red states. The Universities there know this. They see an opportunity and are recruiting here more than ever because the states they reside in are largely open.

Michigan is not. A lot of people hate it here right now, me included. If you see me post starting tomorrow it will be, once again, from Naples.

OSUBuckeye

Reaction score

And just saying