Random Political Issues Mega Thread

johnlocke

Reaction score

Portland's police riot team resigns after officer indicted over alleged assault on photographer​

All 50 of Portland police’s highly trained rapid response unit voted unanimously to resign on Wednesday during a union meeting in response to the recent indictment of Officer Corey Budworth for allegedly assaulting a photographer with his baton during as an overnight riot broke out last August.

I'm not familiar enough with this story to know whether or not this officer deserved to be indicted, but I sure don't blame all these other officers for resigning. These riots continued night after night after night. Those who were arrested were often just released or had their bail paid by the likes of Harris & Co.

I can't imagine how discouraging that was for those assigned with trying to maintain order. It would be like trying to shovel during a blizzard only to have that blizzard return day after day.

When it becomes impossible to do your job due to bad policy it's time to shrug and move on. That this is happening to the most important of sectors is sickening.

johnlocke

Reaction score
NH has prohibition of sorts still in place and is surrounded on all sides by legal states and a nation to the north. Come on Sununu, the time is now.

Last edited: