Random TB news that doesn't warrant a thread

Mazz addressed the Planet to assure everyone all is just fine in Tampa.

5feab358ec90530a4c2434fa2365107ec1c4cb4f

This stat is absolutely unreal. This is not just the last 2 seasons but also the FOUR playoff games and SB. Say what you want about having "weaponz" in Tampa but it is obvious Brady made the best decision of his career to go to Tampa and play in Arians offense. These past 2 seasons have been the best back-to-back seasons of his career.

View: https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1479183991890747394?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1479183991890747394%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Fact is, Brady, just like any other QB, does very well when given a large assortment of weapons.

See ‘07.

See the past two years.

Shocking. :coffee:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ironically I think Brady proved himself more by elevating dumpster talent around him. Playing well with pro bowlers and HOFers to throw to is expected, but he had some pretty incredible seasons/games making scrubs like LaFell and Caldwell look competent.

Ironically I think Brady proved himself more by elevating dumpster talent around him. Playing well with pro bowlers and HOFers to throw to is expected, but he had some pretty incredible seasons/games making scrubs like LaFell and Caldwell look competent.
I don't disagree in part but what he is doing at ages 43 and 44 is mind-boggling. He just put up his two best back-to-back seasons of his career when most guys have been retired for 5 years.

His time in Tampa has only grown his legacy as the goat and the best player in all of team sports. He's on a new team, playing for a new head coach in a new system for a franchise that has been a laughing stock of the NFL since it came into the league in the '70s.

He has transformed the bucs into a winner and a perennial contender as long as he is there as QB. He set so many records this year both historically and in season for the bucs and he did it with many of his weapons being injured this year. Because in typical Brady fashion, he has made do with whoever has been out there and now has his team tied for the best record in the league and a bid at his fourth League MVP.

Last edited:
This from Forbes in August 2021:
"The biggest one-year increase in value belongs to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who are up 29% and whose brand has been reborn with last season’s Super Bowl run. The Bucs have seen a surge in season-ticket and merchandise sales since the arrival of Tom Brady in March 2020 and pushed through significant ticket-price increases for the 2021 season."

BTW before Brady, TB was ranked near the bottom.

29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Value: $2.28 billion

After 1 year of Brady,

21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Value: $2.94 billion​

One-Year Change: 29%​

Back