*PSA - Bragging*

I just remembered a thread I made here years ago worried about my 16 year old and his lack of direction/motivation.

I've been feeling especially proud of said child lately and the McDonalds thread reminded me of that because I thought that was where he was headed for a bit.

Said child is a health/working out nut and wants to be a fully certified personal trainer (more elite athlete then average Joe) He started off helping people randomly at the gym, then asked if he could shadow trainers/classes, then asked if he could assist for free. All the while studying anything he could get his hands on constantly. The gym ended up hiring him full time and in 4 months he has doubled the amount of PT sessions purchased..he is constantly working and bringing in some nice coin. He just took a second job PT at GNC just to engross himself more in the vitamin/supplement word.

4 years ago this child couldn't be bothered to turn in a homework assignment now he works his tail off, has his own place and he is a pretty godamn good person. Patience. Apparently it pays off.

Good for him, and good for you, TG :thumb:

*PSA - Bragging*

I just remembered a thread I made here years ago worried about my 16 year old and his lack of direction/motivation.

I've been feeling especially proud of said child lately and the McDonalds thread reminded me of that because I thought that was where he was headed for a bit.

Said child is a health/working out nut and wants to be a fully certified personal trainer (more elite athlete then average Joe) He started off helping people randomly at the gym, then asked if he could shadow trainers/classes, then asked if he could assist for free. All the while studying anything he could get his hands on constantly. The gym ended up hiring him full time and in 4 months he has doubled the amount of PT sessions purchased..he is constantly working and bringing in some nice coin. He just took a second job PT at GNC just to engross himself more in the vitamin/supplement word.

4 years ago this child couldn't be bothered to turn in a homework assignment now he works his tail off, has his own place and he is a pretty godamn good person. Patience. Apparently it pays off.
That's awesome!

My husband's nephew did something similar. He was working in his degreed field (civil engineer) but he became interested in health/physical fitness and got into great shape. He then started training people in his basement at his house part time, while doing what your son is doing and educating himself on nutrition, etc. He now owns and runs his own company, and owns and has renovated the building it is in, which he moved to from its original (non basement) location. They offer nutritional guidance as well as fitness training. So this could easily be your son in a few years!

that's awesome!

My husband's nephew did something similar. He was working in his degreed field (civil engineer) but he became interested in health/physical fitness and got into great shape. He then started training people in his basement at his house part time, while doing what your son is doing and educating himself on nutrition, etc. He now owns and runs his own company, and owns and has renovated the building it is in, which he moved to from its original (non basement) location. They offer nutritional guidance as well as fitness training. So this could easily be your son in a few years!

smart man leaving civil engineering

Mail in rebates are the biggest scram this is. The cell phone made sure everything was stapled together. To get my $50 back I still got declined. Because they said I was still missing something.

I just noticed the board hit 2 million posts a little while ago. It took about 7 years for the first million and only 4 for the second. Congrats to the mods and posters who make this a great place.:celebrate:

I just noticed the board hit 2 million posts a little while ago. It took about 7 years for the first million and only 4 for the second. Congrats to the mods and posters who make this a great place.:celebrate:

You are all awesome

woohoo

I hate Bad Caps

Caps as in capacitors.

Some of you may or may not know that there are a boatload of monitors out there that had some marginal caps in the power circuit that lead to them crap out. Once you got it working, it was fine, but starting it sometimes was an issue.

Well I had a very nice Viewsonic monitor that has some of these caps.

If you cycled the power the LED in the power button would blink and you had a black screen.

About two years ago this problem first cropped up and I took it to work and had one of the EE's help me swap out the bad caps. This guy still had a StarTAC cell phone and keeps a bunch of old stuff. he had spare caps and we fixed the monitor.

Well this morning, I rebooted my desktop and when the monitor lost the signal it went into standby mode and didn't come back.

OK, I thought, I'll pull out the old Sony monitor I keep as a spare and use that while I think about repair or buying a new one.

Except something had chewed through the power line from the brick to the plug that went into the monitor.

So I pulled out my iPad and browsed what was available for pickup at the local Best Buy, Wal Mart etc.

I hate buying so quickly, but I got a nice LG LED monitor with better resolution and the color is striking.

There is nothing tastier than hard boiled eggs soaked in beet juice.

1175095_10151604168898157_2130016645_n.jpg

Eating Chicken wings makes unborn son's penis small.

Eating chicken parts – or, more specifically, chicken wings – could shrink your baby’s man parts. “The latest scientific evidence shows that the sons of pregnant women who consume chicken are more likely to have smaller penises because of a chemical found in the birds’ flesh.” “Findings published by the Study for Future Families showed that eating poultry during pregnancy may lead to smaller penis size in male infants,” the letter, from PETA’s Lindsay Rajt, alleges.
So, in a city where buffalo wings are a game day must and a wing-eating competition draws in thousands every year, we wanted to know: Just how true is PETA’s latest claim?

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...uring-pregnancy-could-affect-sons-penis-size/

Eating Chicken wings makes unborn son's penis small.

Eating chicken parts – or, more specifically, chicken wings – could shrink your baby’s man parts. “The latest scientific evidence shows that the sons of pregnant women who consume chicken are more likely to have smaller penises because of a chemical found in the birds’ flesh.” “Findings published by the Study for Future Families showed that eating poultry during pregnancy may lead to smaller penis size in male infants,” the letter, from PETA’s Lindsay Rajt, alleges.
So, in a city where buffalo wings are a game day must and a wing-eating competition draws in thousands every year, we wanted to know: Just how true is PETA’s latest claim?

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...uring-pregnancy-could-affect-sons-penis-size/

Apparently, my mother doesn't like chicken :coffee:

Back