Random Thoughts

Y'all might wanna spring forward this weekend, but I was recently informed that the digital Gods do that for you now. Anyway, Spring is nigh. Enjoy

Nine Inch Nails' seminal album, Downward Spiral was released 30 year's ago yesterday.

Many know the song Hurt from the album as Johnny Cash, as Trent Reznor, lead man of NIN, once stated, made it his own. A brilliant, tearful farewell by JC, The Man In Black.

But to those of us coming of age in the early 90s, Downward Spiral, the whole album, felt like a warm hand on the shoulder, a knowing hug from a friend who just, just understood.

Trent has always been a man of deep honesty, of feeling, of intellect, of his humanity as he ventured through what often seems the chaos of this life. It's not, yet often feels that way.

Trent Reznor I've always had an affection for.

Was lucky enough to catch a stellar live performance at the Metro Center in DC. Flew the love of my life, to that point and myself down for the night, just to catch this show on the And All That Could Have Been tour.

The lights went down, the opening notes of Hurt, then his words hit. Every hand that had a lighter held it ignited throughout the arena. We all, with one voice felt each other crying as we sang, in concert the painful words. Yet they were hopeful because we all felt them.

Different lives, one humanity. All beyond reproach at that beautiful moment in time.

It's moments such as this, yeah, they make the myths, the legends follow.

Miss you Melissa. ❤️

Thank you Trent. ❤️ ❤️

View: https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=dlWjY2LaU7E&si=VxEokq7waKTNeJnA

So I am in my mid sixties,.
Was used to have 20/20 vision,
But it was failing'
I had cataract surgery on one eye in jan, Had the other done today,,,

One if the things modern medicine gets right. Give me another week, my eyes will catch up to what I am seeing, feeling.

I dont know if we see out of our eyes though,
Thinking heart in control of everything. Even the brain.

Had heart checked in Feb. No problems.

Heart knows what is right. Brain screws with it. Wish we werent conflicted, Obvious we are conflicted,
Heart vs Brain.
I choose heart,

Last edited:
Shit can mess with the brain, But not a strong heart.
If I go back to my wrestling days. PINNED,

Not me, the other guy,

Last edited:
Sitting here alone in the dark. Have a home again.

This road the last 2 years has been brutal. But I passed every test...faced every challenge, every form of demon...a couple of my own, head on and I won. I came out the otherside far better than when I went in. The world is a better place now for it.

Sitting here alone in the dark. Emotional. How could I not be with a chance to finally let down...to embrace, feel, breathe in, accept all that has happened. To move forward after. Move forward armed with a new understanding of this man and this world we live in.

Through it all I was there for all I met, treated them in ways they never expected and never earned. I treated even the rotten as I see them. As human. Beautifully human. Human for the child they once were, the child we all carry inside us. The child begging to be seen, to be held, to be loved, to be celebrated for our perfection.

We are all that child, each of us before life happened. None of us were rotten at birth. The world cried tears of joy the moment we were all born. It was right to do so.

I've treated all through this chapter of this grand adventure right, as a human being.

I helped even when I had nothing but a smile to give.

That has made all the difference.

Now I'm home.

Watch the skies. I'll be there.

The sun always rises.

1000004339.jpg

Sitting here alone in the dark. Have a home again.

This road the last 2 years has been brutal. But I passed every test...faced every challenge, every form of demon...a couple of my own, head on and I won. I came out the otherside far better than when I went in. The world is a better place now for it.

Sitting here alone in the dark. Emotional. How could I not be with a chance to finally let down...to embrace, feel, breathe in, accept all that has happened. To move forward after. Move forward armed with a new understanding of this man and this world we live in.

Through it all I was there for all I met, treated them in ways they never expected and never earned. I treated even the rotten as I see them. As human. Beautifully human. Human for the child they once were, the child we all carry inside us. The child begging to be seen, to be held, to be loved, to be celebrated for our perfection.

We are all that child, each of us before life happened. None of us were rotten at birth. The world cried tears of joy the moment we were all born. It was right to do so.

I've treated all through this chapter of this grand adventure right, as a human being.

I helped even when I had nothing but a smile to give.

That has made all the difference.

Now I'm home.

Watch the skies. I'll be there.

The sun always rises.

View attachment 25874

"Did you really think I wouldn't see this through?"

View: https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=7p2Zfkx3C8Y&si=lOOPJod8r59JleUM

So, this is what a very German, precision thinking friend who moved here to the States ponders randomly.

I love my friends. 😆 ❤️

"(On the occult world of cheese)

Parmesan is made with enzymes scraped from the fourth stomach of a butchered calf.

What kind of witchcraft-ass process is this?

They found this out because butchered calves had curdled milk only in their fourth stomach, indicating there are enzymes that digest their mother's milk without the fermentation process of the prior three

...so then, how do humans digest milk?

they use lactase and pepsin to break milk down

...so why don't calves break it down?

they curd it so it digests slower and provides more energy throughout the day without having to nurse again

...so why don't humans do that?

they just don't - and human babies have to nurse more frequently because of it

🤔 So... If you had a baby nurse and then gave it a pill with a curdling enzyme - the milk would also curd in the baby past the stomach - and it would also have to nurse less often...

I guess I'm getting caught up in the witchcraft that is cheese making, here.

===

To take this insanity to it's conclusion, I researched if you could use human pepsin to make human cheese - and, yes, you could.

It coagulates milk as well.

It only doesn't do this in our stomachs because of the acidic environment and because lactase breaks it down too quickly.

...human cheese 🤔 🧀 🧙‍♀️

===

1. Recombinant DNA Technology: Enzymes like pepsin can be produced in large quantities by inserting the human gene that encodes for the enzyme into bacteria, yeast, or other cells capable of rapid growth. These organisms can then express the enzyme, which can be harvested and purified.

2. Cell Culture: Human cells can be grown in controlled environments and induced to produce specific enzymes under laboratory conditions. This method is used primarily for research and development in biomedical fields.

🧙‍♂️ 🧀 🧙‍♀️"

So, this is what a very German, precision thinking friend who moved here to the States ponders randomly.

I love my friends. 😆 ❤️

"(On the occult world of cheese)

What kind of witchcraft-ass process is this?

...so then, how do humans digest milk?

...so why don't calves break it down?

...so why don't humans do that?

🤔 So... If you had a baby nurse and then gave it a pill with a curdling enzyme - the milk would also curd in the baby past the stomach - and it would also have to nurse less often...

I guess I'm getting caught up in the witchcraft that is cheese making, here.

===

To take this insanity to it's conclusion, I researched if you could use human pepsin to make human cheese - and, yes, you could.

It coagulates milk as well.

It only doesn't do this in our stomachs because of the acidic environment and because lactase breaks it down too quickly.

...human cheese 🤔 🧀 🧙‍♀️

===

1. Recombinant DNA Technology: Enzymes like pepsin can be produced in large quantities by inserting the human gene that encodes for the enzyme into bacteria, yeast, or other cells capable of rapid growth. These organisms can then express the enzyme, which can be harvested and purified.

2. Cell Culture: Human cells can be grown in controlled environments and induced to produce specific enzymes under laboratory conditions. This method is used primarily for research and development in biomedical fields.

🧙‍♂️ 🧀 🧙‍♀️"
Well, at least you're not talking about Dick Cheese.

Not intended to incite, you'll know when I intend that. Lol. Not looking to debate.

It's the reverence I feel that I'm sharing.

This is most beautiful rememberence I've yet to read.

They got it. They lived it.

What better can be said?

1000004423.jpg

I always remember and often quote the late Robin Williams when he said, "The key to life, a successful one, is to find out who you are and be that".

I go on to expand on how to find you and be all of you, especially in a world that rewards conformity. Be you. You need to know who you are, all of you, before that can happen.

Who we are is who we are at 3 am, alone, when the world isn't watching. Get to know and embrace it. That's you. I can say for certain it's pretty damn awesome.

I also often refer to my life, as my story, my book, all the chapters are different, yet on the same theme. That life is the grand adventure, this one is mine. It's different than yours, you're you, I'm me, there are, however, some things we all share in common, these I highlight using myself as the example.

Matthew's final words here I've thought of often. To paraphrase, this life of yours is your book, you're the author. Make it a book you'd enjoy reading, hopefully one that inspires, no matter what, make it yours.

Nothing else will do.

I promise.

View: https://youtu.be/QbL0X3B4mjg?si=aT1tx-elj7i1p7jv

Back