Random Thoughts

Regarding the laptop, they don’t make them like they use to. Hard drive from old computer is not compatible with the new computer (old is a sata solid state and new one is a pcie solid state). I might get a new pcie solid state hard drive for it. I was actively trying to buy a laptop with a sata hd. Also there isn’t any Ram sticks on the new computer, they soldered directly onto the motherboard.
because they want you to buy a new laptop instead. same shit they've been doing with phones...not making them with replaceable batteries or ability to add memory cards. it's bullshit.

because they want you to buy a new laptop instead. same shit they've been doing with phones...not making them with replaceable batteries or ability to add memory cards. it's bullshit.

Remember back in the day when you controlled the machine? Pretty soon those roles will be reversed the way things are going.

I've been there once in '19 and decided that it's both the best and the worst city in the world. I had a great time but
I wouldn't want to live in the middle of all that. Or stay near ground zero.

I was heading back for Jazzfest last year but it was cancelled. Soon as shit opens up I'd go back.
I 100% agree. I have been there four times in my life and I loved and hated it. Was there in late 2009, and twice in 2010 rebuilding homes in the 8th ward with samaritans purse. The quarter was interesting for those who don’t drink. Great food everywhere though. Some of the best people I’ve ever met were poor, some were living in fema trailers, and their homes were in shambles but they were some of the nicest people I’ve ever met, even if one did call me a “cracker” in the nicest way. To be fair, in the 8th ward I was the minority there. Went back in 2015 on the way home from Florida and visited a few home owners and ate great food in the quarter again.

I love the Leo Di Caprio memes, and this one is superb.

c2aaaa2fb37e64504a91e28a5a459905d3237306.jpg

I 100% agree. I have been there four times in my life and I loved and hated it. Was there in late 2009, and twice in 2010 rebuilding homes in the 8th ward with samaritans purse. The quarter was interesting for those who don’t drink. Great food everywhere though. Some of the best people I’ve ever met were poor, some were living in fema trailers, and their homes were in shambles but they were some of the nicest people I’ve ever met, even if one did call me a “cracker” in the nicest way. To be fair, in the 8th ward I was the minority there. Went back in 2015 on the way home from Florida and visited a few home owners and ate great food in the quarter again.
Bless you for your help in their terrible times.

Cheers

I've been there once in '19 and decided that it's both the best and the worst city in the world. I had a great time but

I was heading back for Jazzfest last year but it was cancelled. Soon as shit opens up I'd go back.
We go every eight years, when the Jets are in town. It’s definitely a 72 hour city tho.

Tonight was a good night at my Amazon warehouse job...they piped in a bunch of jazz and country as opposed to the hiphop crap i usually have to work to. lol.

plus I had a great crew in my "aisle"... that is important. Anyway enjoyed my night.

Interesting that this popped up. We're actually planning on going to New Orleans on Spring Break. It's a few weeks after Mardi Gras so hopefully it will have settled down a bit by then. The whole family is going. Our two sons are 20 and 16. Hopefully they will enjoy it as none of us have ever been.

this morning at the warehouse management stopped the music and made an announcement that it was 2:22:22 2/22/2022.
I thought that was pretty cool.

I am thinking now it would have even been a little cooler is this was the song they interrupted ( almost works)

Also I just realized it was an f'n Tuesday. Difficult to remember when you are on my schedule.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZm1_jtY1SQ

Last edited:
But most of all, just trying to figure out what we are doing to ourselves.
I get it, we work for a living..but why all the drag. What kind of world have we created?

Just random thoughts as i sit in my messy cubicle in my "office in the garage".

on a rainy day even.

feeling a little bit useless for some reason,
I wish I could see good things ahead.

I must be depressed but I will just keep plugging away. Just who I am.

The attitude I have right now is DON"T FUCK WITH ME.
Praying everyone else on this board has better thoughts.

Last edited:
If MLB doesn’t get their shit together and fast, I’m afraid we’re seeing the end of baseball as we know it.

Back