Random Thoughts

Background (in case you didn't know), I have had high blood pressure for years and been on many different medicines. I probably had it long before I was diagnosed and that leads to last fall when I was diagnosed with stage 3a chronic kidney disease. My kidney, as I found out I only have one since birth, was only functioning at 46%. This freaked me out even more and caused even worse high blood pressure for a few months. I'm now on three different blood pressure medicines (beta blocker, water pill, and something else). My heart rate is almost constantly in the 50's due to the beta blocker, sometimes middle to upper 40's. There would be times with my sit down job that I would almost be falling a sleep. This could be a product of the medicine or possible something else (sleep apnea). I went to my family doctor on Monday and she reduced the beta blocker by 25% and it seems to be working on energy level. Blood pressure hasn't been steady but most of the time it is good. I was even 107/67 today at the store with a heart rate in the low 50's and had energy. I'm just trying to nurse this kidney along hopefully forever and never have to worry about dialysis or a transplant. After six months, I feel better about it, my kidney levels have stayed steadyish, my gfr was down to 41 but bumped up to 43 last week.

Of course, the way I look at life with my religion, I don't get scared, I know what my final outcome is going to be. I do need to eat better and exercise more so I can be around for my kids as long as I can. Exercise will get better as weather gets better.

Finally, if you are one of these "I don't go to the doctor" types, check your blood pressure at home. Mine was 140's over 90's for years and I didn't know it, that is probably where my damage to my kidney came from. I will probably end up doing a sleep study for the sleep apnea as my wife says I snore and sometimes loud.
Do all you can to stay as well as you can. All the best.

BT

We have a serious coyote problem here on our property. 3 in the back yard,
yipping nightly.

I knew of one that had mange that settled on our property,. I felt sorry for it. didn't do anything,

OP (Optimus Prime) Lab. was going crazy.

I read it is mating season.

Last edited:
Sometimes I think I pour out too much of my soul here. More on the other side of this awesome board,.
I do wonder if it has an effect, Relatively speaking, I kinda hope so.

just me, trying to communicate my thoughts Sometimes vulgar, but sometimes something I believe is important,.

A lot of sometimes.

Also, womdering how close is HSanders to this train deraiiment and the actual solution. Msybe masks are appropriate in this situation.

too much news, i need to stop.

OhioBuckeye too. I think that's your handle.

Last edited:
Also, womdering how close is HSanders to this train deraiiment and the actual solution. Msybe masks are appropriate in this situation.

nowhere near, i think it's near the indiana border. thanks for checking.🤗

Copy what HSanders posted. Appreciate the concern

Sometimes I think I pour out too much of my soul here. More on the other side of this awesome board,.
I do wonder if it has an effect, Relatively speaking, I kinda hope so.

just me, trying to communicate my thoughts Sometimes vulgar, but sometimes something I believe is important,.

A lot of sometimes.

Too much?

Maybe not enough.

Context often matters in online discourse especially when trying to drive a point home.

I know you read my thread in the basement here.

I share everything I have time for with no regrets.

Too much?

Maybe not enough.

Context often matters in online discourse especially when trying to drive a point home.

I know you read my thread in the basement here.

I share everything I have time for with no regrets.
I get it. you gotta read in between the lines on the stuff I post. I'll work on it. after this post.

A question that's been rattling around in this head for years.

There is a very large disparity between the amount online posts during the traditional work week and the weekend. Far more during the week.

What is it that's done for work that permits so much "Free Time" to spend online?

I've almost always been self employed so I get me.

Just really curious.

A question that's been rattling around in this head for years.

There is a very large disparity between the amount online posts during the traditional work week and the weekend. Far more during the week.

What is it that's done for work that permits so much "Free Time" to spend online?

I've almost always been self employed so I get me.

Just really curious.
People can sit with their work screens facing the world with their personal biz right behind the scene one teeny click away. In - Read - Post, repliy exit to work screen.

Not all
but well, known that much if not most of it is pure theft of the bosses money. Companies all facing the issue as best they can.

On this day in 2001, one of the best, if not the best, NASCAR driver took his last ride. Dale Earnhardt died on a last lap crash while the two cars he owned ran and finished 1 and 2. Dale wasn't like by all, some even hated him, but all respected him. Instead of showing a video of the crash, here is a video of when his car owner took his hauler, hooked it up to the truck that pulled it, and the driver that did all the driving and put it in the Richard Childress Racing Museum nine years ago

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR0PEmK81SxKXI3jJgBhUqVZ2-i8m5OMA2h_br0-FnggHPDKfN-YpQjkO_4&v=m4CuEgV4m8M&feature=youtu.be

Nascar started swirling down the toilet bowl that day to the crap it is today. Some of hte safety aspects have helped and were needed (safer barriers, full faced helmets only now, hans devices) but a lot of competition rules have taken most of the fun out of the sports. If I watch any racing now, it is non wing sprint cars on dirt tracks now. One speed, sliding through the corners, 1000 hp with 1000 pound cars (guess but they have a good hp to weight ratio).

People can sit with their work screens facing the world with their personal biz right behind the scene one teeny click away. In - Read - Post, repliy exit to work screen.

Not all
but well, known that much if not most of it is pure theft of the bosses money. Companies all facing the issue as best they can.

Thank you.

Wasn't come right out and say it initially.

Theft?

Heck yes it is.

What? Ya got nothing more productive to do that is mutually beneficial for your employer and as a consequence, you?

I dunno, my dad drilled it into my head about, you have nothing else to do? Pick up a broom and sweep the shop.

On this day in 2001, one of the best, if not the best, NASCAR driver took his last ride. Dale Earnhardt died on a last lap crash while the two cars he owned ran and finished 1 and 2. Dale wasn't like by all, some even hated him, but all respected him. Instead of showing a video of the crash, here is a video of when his car owner took his hauler, hooked it up to the truck that pulled it, and the driver that did all the driving and put it in the Richard Childress Racing Museum nine years ago

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR0PEmK81SxKXI3jJgBhUqVZ2-i8m5OMA2h_br0-FnggHPDKfN-YpQjkO_4&v=m4CuEgV4m8M&feature=youtu.be

Nascar started swirling down the toilet bowl that day to the crap it is today. Some of hte safety aspects have helped and were needed (safer barriers, full faced helmets only now, hans devices) but a lot of competition rules have taken most of the fun out of the sports. If I watch any racing now, it is non wing sprint cars on dirt tracks now. One speed, sliding through the corners, 1000 hp with 1000 pound cars (guess but they have a good hp to weight ratio).

A Facebook memory I shared from 3 years ago just this morning.

"I don't watch NASCAR. Not even close to my style, my best friend Jo loved it but sadly losing all interest now. His death was HUGE in the sporting world.

There is a bit of a juxtaposition to what happened at the Daytona 500 last night with the horrible wreck of the lead driver by an aggressive bump as I understand it.

Didn’t hit my goal of trying to be active three days last week. Only got a 3.3 mile walk on Monday, 1/2 mile walk and 6 mile bike ride on Wednesday. I got lazy on Friday and Saturday. Walked 3.1 miles today and plan to do it three more times this week.

Once weather stays warm, I will be walking 2 miles a day at work (or more miles).

I saw this many years ago, and it's still moving; Ian Wright was a superb soccer player. Played for Arsenal in London and for England and was one of the best strikers ever. This clip shows him being surprised by his old Teacher Mr. Pidgen. He took Ian under his wing when Ian was 7 and an unruly kid and taught him to read and write and gave him responsibilities. I love the respect Ian has for this old teacher here, the way he takes his hat off and his reaction. I don't think happens a lot these days.

View: https://twitter.com/finishedplayers/status/1627052572279459840?s=61&t=M18zLXnv8x_1i5qTwlFeag

Back