Random Thoughts

Been a week, only put a little over 70 miles on it since purchasing. I like how comfortable it is to me, it has respectable power for a four cylinder (especially in sport mode). Figuring out how things work but love the apple car play without using a cable plus the wireless charging. All the weather tech mats came in last week (floor liners plus cargo area). Seat covers come in Wednesday and get put on Thursday. Her rogue goes in the shop for repairs today to be done tomorrow then it is her parents car. Probably still be driving it occasionally though if we need a car (like when my car goes to the body shop).
I have never owned a Hyundai, but I am on my 3rd Kia Sorento (cousin to the Hyundai Santa Fe) and they have been great. Good luck with the new ride!

I have never owned a Hyundai, but I am on my 3rd Kia Sorento (cousin to the Hyundai Santa Fe) and they have been great. Good luck with the new ride!
I currently own 2 Sportages (got a great deal on both). Other than a problem with the radio in one (2012), never had an issue.

had a Sorento and really liked it. only reason I got rid of it is kids grew up and no longer needed the larger vehicle (and the lower MPG that comes with it).

Popcorn, an a amazing thing when you think about it. Also, if somehow someway some fall on the floor, no big deal, if a doggy is willing to eat it so am I. Just don't tell wifey.

Last edited:
One other thing that's bothering me and that I have no control over, and that is getting old.
Not that I am in pain or anything like that,,, I just am not in love with the mirror anymore.

I also realize I am a cranky motherfucker,

When I die you guys can look back at my posts and hopefully have a laugh,
Or at least know that AOT wasn't really a bull shitter,

Last edited:
Not sure why I need to post this.

I see Peril ahead. I don't see progress, I see regress. I keep that away from my family and thank this message board for allowing me to express my "feelings"

Probably just depressed. I hope so,

Anyway, don't ever come after me or my family. you'll have a fight on your hands,
I promise. Don;t care how old I am. IT'S STILL IN ME.

Am I bull shitting, you decide

Last edited:
I have a new resident in my office space, remember I am in a garage, I have noticed certain presents its given me for a week now, It just popped its head out, I don't want to kill it but I also don't want anymore presents. It cute by the way, dilemma,

I have a new resident in my office space, remember I am in a garage, I have noticed certain presents its given me for a week now, It just popped its head out, I don't want to kill it but I also don't want anymore presents. It cute by the way, dilemma,

Used to live with a buddy back in the early 90s in a house deep in the woods. Had several mice buddy's hang with us many drinking nights. Loved em.

Also had come across a blind baby orphan mouse crawling across the floor in my home theater a long time ago. Orphaned cuz I killed his family.

Picked him up and did everything I could to nurse him to health and cried a week later when he died in my hands as my love Melissa comforted me.

I named him Gerald cuz he was a mouse who hadn't got a house just like the one in this song.

View: https://youtu.be/FPMXt9Me_Fo

Broke my heart everytime it was necessary to feed my Burmese Python Harry a mouse years later until he grew large enough to feed him rats. 18 feet was his size last I saw him.

Last edited:
Back story before my post.

I have a 22 Honda Pilot. Came from Honda with led projector low beams led driving (fog) lights. They are still aimed how they came from the factory and cut off right above most license plates that are on the trunk.

Going home tonight a semi flashed me, having my low beams on, I ignored it. They flashed me again, I flashed my high beams back. I drove with my driving lights also on for this reason, they won’t be on if my high beams are on. I stopped flashing most people years ago, car manufacturers have made so much advancements in car lighting that sometimes you don’t know if high beams are on.

At least in my pilot, I have tinted glass so glare is not an issue. When I first got my last car (16 equinox), I got flashed more often but it slowed down also. It had projector low beams.

For those who might not know, I was told I had chronic kidney disease last fall. It freaked me out bad at that point. At that point my kidney function was 48 which is stage 3a. Since then it has dropped a little more (43) but it is staying in the 40’s and I’m less freaked out about it. Hoping to be at or below where I was in December weight wise for my appointment on Friday. Trying to eat better and walk more.

For those who might not know, I was told I had chronic kidney disease last fall. It freaked me out bad at that point. At that point my kidney function was 48 which is stage 3a. Since then it has dropped a little more (43) but it is staying in the 40’s and I’m less freaked out about it. Hoping to be at or below where I was in December weight wise for my appointment on Friday. Trying to eat better and walk more.
wow sorry to see this, but glad you are taking steps that are helping. keep us posted as you wish.

And just like that, my enthusiasm to watch the Red Sox died.

Over It Abandon Thread GIF

Not sure why I need to post this.

I see Peril ahead. I don't see progress, I see regress. I keep that away from my family and thank this message board for allowing me to express my "feelings"

Probably just depressed. I hope so,

Anyway, don't ever come after me or my family. you'll have a fight on your hands,
I promise. Don;t care how old I am. IT'S STILL IN ME.

Am I bull shitting, you decide
We are living in Revelations, so, I agree. You have to focus on your soul and what comes after this life. Things will get better after focusing on that. We weren't meant to live a comfortable life. We were meant to live a life worth living!

Back