Random Thoughts

So if a guy is out with his friends but keeps texting you back and forth all day, and also during the day at work(in a super busy job)could that mean he's into you?

I wonder why smarter people that me cannot figure out why when they close things down, the covid numbers go down and then are surprised when they open up everything the numbers go up again. :huh:

I wonder why people smarter than me can't figure out that this virus is loose, will makes its way through the population at some point or another, that as long as hospitals aren't being overwhelmed the area under the curve remains the same, and the sooner we can get this thing through the population, the better for all of us. :huh:

Random thought: are you an idiot? :devil:

Yes, but that's a given! :D I've been out of the game a long time and am clueless.
He hasn't asked me out though and I suspect he is HUGELY younger than I am. He gave me his personal # under the guise of work(I am a customer at his establishment, have been going through him for a couple years when I go there). The combination of his being very cute and very young is making me a little like, what if I'm interpreting all wrong and he's like wtf creepy mom-lady??? The latest time I was there and he gave me his # we bonded over some other stuff like the whole mask thing, politics, the fact we both have and love the same(unusual) vehicle and he looks at my phone and says something like wow, cars, politics and you even have the same phone. That made me think there might be something there.
Yes, I have girlfriends I can talk to(and guy friends) but I would rather get a more objective view.

Yes, but that's a given! :D I've been out of the game a long time and am clueless.
He hasn't asked me out though and I suspect he is HUGELY younger than I am. He gave me his personal # under the guise of work(I am a customer at his establishment, have been going through him for a couple years when I go there). The combination of his being very cute and very young is making me a little like, what if I'm interpreting all wrong and he's like wtf creepy mom-lady??? The latest time I was there and he gave me his # we bonded over some other stuff like the whole mask thing, politics, the fact we both have and love the same(unusual) vehicle and he looks at my phone and says something like wow, cars, politics and you even have the same phone. That made me think there might be something there.
Yes, I have girlfriends I can talk to(and guy friends) but I would rather get a more objective view.

My advice, find out what team he roots for, if it's the Steelers, steer clear. We are all assholes. <3

Whatever it is, I hope all the best for you.

I have always found that women tend to be better with older guys as women tend to "grow up" a bit sooner but there are always outliers.

Seriously, just all my best. Seems like a good cat unless I'm missing something.

Age difference?

I'm not sure exactly. But he was talking about his grandfather who is 80. My mom is 82. So...yeah. Granted my parents were older when they had me but...

Well, after more texts tonight, I'm definitely getting the vibe he is interested. Nothing overt but...
I feel like it will soon get to that point. One of the guys at work was talking about how guys in his generation (milennials) don't ask girls out, they just see if you want to "hang out sometime". So when he was single,he said girls were stunned when he would actually ask them for a date. So maybe it is some of that(the norm for his generation).
One thing I am not looking forward to but MUST do is tell him some truths about me beforehand. Like my age, the fact I have one ex already and soon to be another, but the legal part won't be done for awhile. It may cost me an opportunity to be with him, but it's mandatory for me to disclose.
Thanks AOT, JL, and tmack! I welcome all input and advice from anyone else too!

Well, after more texts tonight, I'm definitely getting the vibe he is interested. Nothing overt but...
I feel like it will soon get to that point. One of the guys at work was talking about how guys in his generation (milennials) don't ask girls out, they just see if you want to "hang out sometime". So when he was single,he said girls were stunned when he would actually ask them for a date. So maybe it is some of that(the norm for his generation).
One thing I am not looking forward to but MUST do is tell him some truths about me beforehand. Like my age, the fact I have one ex already and soon to be another, but the legal part won't be done for awhile. It may cost me an opportunity to be with him, but it's mandatory for me to disclose.

Your experiences, both good and bad, put you in the driver's seat, imo. Use that to your advantage - age difference means little and that may be exactly why he's attracted to you in the first place. Some guys like it so relax & don't dwell on it. As part of your 'age difference' speech put in there somewhere that you'll be a hard nut to crack because of your experiences - it will give him a goal & put him on notice - but that you're worth any extra effort if things work out. I wouldn't go too far into your prior relationships either. Looking at it from his pov, being in the process of getting a divorce but now you're with him will lift his spirits by making him feel he's already passed muster, so to speak. If you really want to lift his spirits, ask him out for the 2nd date. Make good use of your experiences & wisdom to guide things along. Mostly, just have fun!

Mistake!

Take him to the bone zone. Dazzle him with your skillz. Cloud his judgement. Do it well enough and you could have a freezer full of body parts in the garage that he’d be willing to look past.

chevss advice vs. schrute's...love you guys!
ROFL

He seems a bit older than his years, think I'll take it slow. Which will be perfect for me anyway. As fate would have it, he offered to help me with something related to his job. I said I was ok with it only if I could buy him dinner. He really likes that idea. Boom, 1st date on tap!
It's weird, my whole life, I've been into mostly older guys. Now I have a 26 y.o. trying to pick me up recently, and this guy flirting with me. Of course, it helps that pretty much any dude is younger than I am and the dudes older than I am are drinking metamucil in their diapers. ROFL

Back