Random Thoughts

BRADLEY ANDERSON: "CBS’s Blue Bloods remains an unexplained anomaly. Now in its improbable eleventh season, a television show less suited to the ruling zeitgeist can hardly be imagined.

"As the double meaning of the title indicates, the Irish-Catholic Reagan family are law enforcement aristocracy in New York City, with police commissioner Frank Reagan (Tom Selleck) as paterfamilias. One of his sons, Joe, has died in the line of duty as a police officer before the series begins, oldest son Danny (Donnie Wahlberg) is a senior detective on the force, daughter Erin Reagan (Bridget Moynahan) is an assistant district attorney, and in the pilot episode, Harvard-educated youngest son Jamie (Will Estes) decides to give up a promising law career to join the NYPD. Living with the widowed Frank is his father Henry Reagan ([Len] Cariou), a former police commissioner himself who is there to provide historical perspective and grandfatherly advice.

"Any aristocracy is an affront to modern sensibilities, but what makes this a peculiarly old-style American one is that it is self-made; its scions don’t live off of trust funds. Frank has as his personal sidearm a revolver carried by his father Henry before him, who in turn inherited it from his own father. Each of the Reagan men have followed the path that Jamie embarks on at the beginning of the first season: starting at the bottom as a rookie beat cop and expected to work his way up on his own, albeit aided by that most precious of family inheritances, wise advice born of experience. . . ."

On 2 line mountain roads there is often a passing lane on an uphill stretch. If always begins with the sign "Slower traffic keep right".

So here are my 2 pet peeves related to this.

1. The people who seem to take this as an insult and stay in the left lane even though they are driving the speed limit or below.

2. The people who are driving the speed limit or below in the 2 lane areas, who immediately run it up to 70 when they hit the passing lane. So if you want to pass this tool, you need to go 80.

I want a paint ball gun mounted on my hood just for these occasions.

what happened, cftte?
Short answer, preparing a track for a sled for my five year old. Pulling my wife in a tube to pack down snow. Tube hit back of my left ankle while walking downhill. Happened 9 days ago.

And he so would have been. He taught me how to reason and set me on y journey of discovery. It's a long twisted road and I have lived a thousand different lives but I always had that to fall back on, it is that ingrained in my being.

1614351316485.png

On 2 line mountain roads there is often a passing lane on an uphill stretch. If always begins with the sign "Slower traffic keep right".

So here are my 2 pet peeves related to this.

1. The people who seem to take this as an insult and stay in the left lane even though they are driving the speed limit or below.

2. The people who are driving the speed limit or below in the 2 lane areas, who immediately run it up to 70 when they hit the passing lane. So if you want to pass this tool, you need to go 80.

I want a paint ball gun mounted on my hood just for these occasions.
#2 is the worst. You try so hard to remain patient thoughout the double solid yellows and then, bang they find the accelerator when it is legal to pass them.

ugh, sounds painful! hope it's better asap!
Was for two days, could barely walk. Can walk mostly normal now but still a little swollen and a little pain when walking. Might be nothing they can do but she says probably best to get looked at.

50 points and 2 gallons of blinker fluid to whoever can tell me how this happened.

1614353448603.png

This thread has become Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #3 :coffee:

Was for two days, could barely walk. Can walk mostly normal now but still a little swollen and a little pain when walking. Might be nothing they can do but she says probably best to get looked at.
So possible theory. I got x rays before the doctor part. Turns out I have bone Spurs on the bottom and top of the back of my ankle. I’m guessing the doctor thinks when I was walking down hill the upper spur irritated my Achilles’ tendon. Got to put a cream on the back for a month and go back. I may get a walking boot then if the doctor isn’t okay with the way things are. Other then if I owe for x rays, so far only got 42 dollars.

Good morning it is snowing a bit in NH. Love Saturday mornings like this. Jo spent our weekly spent a friend's night watching movies and shows. Very nice night and nice morning.

1614440438423.png

Last edited:
I always am til I learn it's time not to be. Innocent until proven guilty. That is justice.

1614447420414.png

Back