Random Thoughts

if you are soooooo fragile that you have to block people from reading your posts and threads because...EMOJIS!!!111!11... you probably have few life skills. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think I'll work on my computer a lot tonight because I have no junk food in my house right now. I already ate all the junk food that I did have in my house.

If I don't work on the computer tonight, I'll be irritated that I have no junk food to eat tonight. Working on the computer will help keep my mind off of goodies.

I always tell new people, especially those who are new to the business to never stop learning. Once you are pretty good at your job, find out where else you can train and work if you can. Right now I work in another department and can do all but one job in it. This department actually lost 4/5 of their evening shift at one point last year due to covid for a few weeks and I picked up quite a bit of overtime. My next department I want to cross train in is the news department in video editing. I want to make it so that if they have to get rid of people (which I hope they never do) or get rid of my department, I can easily switch to another and want them to keep me because I already have training.

Posting comments to online forums is often therapy for me, especially during the Covid-era.
Me, too.
But on the evil side of this board,,,, waiting for approval... Sorry, I don't like that.

It appears a lot of posters complain to the clown (who I respect very much).
Wish it didn't have to be that way,

restrictions restrictions restrictions.
the new normal.

I loved the life I had.

I see the life ahead... and worried.
It hard to figure out what to do.
not feeling too smart. feeling disconnected.

thanks for reading.

I wish the XFL were still in existence right now. That way I could watch football on TV during the NFL's off season.

16-22.jpg

On this date in 1989, goaltender Clint Malarchuk miraculously survives a goal-crease collision that leaves his jugular vein sliced open by a skate.

The excessive amount of blood that Malarchuk lost caused eleven fans to faint, two more to have heart attacks, and three players to vomit on the ice.

“All I wanted to do was get off the ice”, said Malarchuk. “My mother was watching the game on TV, and I didn’t want her to see me die.” Aware that his mother had been watching the game on TV, he had an equipment manager call and tell her he loved her.

Then he asked for a priest.

Malarchuk’s life was saved due to quick action by the Sabres’ athletic trainer, Jim Pizzutelli, a former US Army combat medic who served in the Vietnam War. He gripped Malarchuk’s neck and pinched off the blood vessel, not letting go until doctors arrived to begin stabilizing the wound.

As the ambulance raced toward the hospital, Malarchuk asked paramedics, ”Can you have me back for the third period?”

Malarchuk lost 1.5 litres of blood. It took doctors a total of 300 stitches to close the six-inch wound.

He was back on the ice in ten days.

I was a medic for 6 years in the Army Reserve and while I have NO IDEA what I would have actually have done in that situation, I'd like to believe that what I would have done is exactly what a medic would have been trained to do.

Back