Random Thoughts

Does anyone here like Coconut? I bloody love it. A coconut chocolate bar, coconut ice cream, coconut in a thai curry, coconut oil for frying, actual coconut itself....yum.
Yes. Occasionally have a coconut ice cream or a coconut donut

Edit:
0h thanks Joolz, and a well made Pina Colada and a walk in the rain

Last edited:
Does anyone here like Coconut? I bloody love it. A coconut chocolate bar, coconut ice cream, coconut in a thai curry, coconut oil for frying, actual coconut itself....yum.
Ooh, a well made piña colada, FTW!

Balanced upbringing through TV. Yes, sir. :rofl: ❤️

16-22.jpg

My bike journey.

Previous to 2014 I always had cheap bikes that made riding longer distances not feasible. When Sarah and I got married, we got good bikes (trek 7.2 fx) and I set a goal of riding 13 miles by the end of that year. The first real ride we did with her brother, we rode 13 miles. By the end of summer it was abnormal to leave the house and ride 15-30 for a couple hours. Then kids happened, and I loved being lazy with babies (who couldn’t love a baby sleeping on you as a parent). From 2015-2020 I maybe rode a total of 50 miles or so.

Since may I have ridden 55 miles on my bike and who knows how many on the stationary at the gym. If the big ride I have done in Indy in the past happens next year (about 20 miles) I should be ready. I did a little over 12 this morning.

So work update

For the purpose of this story

Person A works midnight to 8am

Person B works 8am to 4pm

Person C. worked 4pm to midnight some days

Person D works 8pm to 4am and other shifts

Person E works noon to 8am.

Currently:

Person B was potentially with someone covid positive is on quarentine

Person D is on leave as his wife and him had a child and he just took more days off, he was supposed to be back Sunday but took off through Thursday next week.

Person A apparently quit this morning.

That leaves just three of us..... I would act surprised but nothing surprises me anymore. One the plus side if person A quit, whatever he made over base pay might be split among everyone else, which might equate to a nice raise.

Last edited:
So work update

Currently:

Person D is on leave as his wife and him had a child and he just took more days off, he was supposed to be back Sunday but took off through Thursday next week.

That leaves just three of us..... I would act surprised but nothing surprises me anymore. One the plus side if person A quit, whatever he made over base pay might be split among everyone else, which might equate to a nice raise.
Take the raise! Most companies would add the hours and MAYBE pay OT.

Take the raise! Most companies would add the hours and MAYBE pay OT.
That is happening also, I'm probably getting overtime for a month straight. I'm going to celebrate the raise, if it is more then .50 an hour, I will be earning the same or more then what I did at my previous job (2.5 years here versus 17.5 there) when I left.

So work update

Currently:

And we have reversed course, now the only person not working is the guy off for the baby isn't working. The guy who quit, isn't.

Gonna try to look like this again.
Am approximately 170 (early 80's) in this pic.

After ballooning up to 245 over the years... I have been back down to this weight for 1+ years now.

Only for some reason it is not distributed like this anymore....weird.

I am going to give it the old college try to redistribute. Tired of just walking.

Attachments

• goodoledays.jpg
    goodoledays.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 9

After ballooning up to 245 over the years... I have been back down to this weight for 1+ years now.

I am going to give it the old college try to redistribute. Tired of just walking.
I FUCKING hear you!!!

Holy shit is it hard. I went up to 242 pounds and said screw this. Been back down to 195 for 2.5 years and work out almost every day. 14% body fat and I STILL can't get rid of my love handles in back. But man o man the cardio fitness can get great, but the weight distribution is HARD to fix!

My middle son (almost 22) decided to get back in shape after covid killed his college lax season and in 60 days he dropped 35 pounds looks like baby Gronk again. I am proud AND depressed looking at him.

The young haven idea what they waste!

I FUCKING hear you!!!

Holy shit is it hard. I went up to 242 pounds and said screw this. Been back down to 195 for 2.5 years and work out almost every day. 14% body fat and I STILL can't get rid of my love handles in back. But man o man the cardio fitness can get great, but the weight distribution is HARD to fix!

My middle son (almost 22) decided to get back in shape after covid killed his college lax season and in 60 days he dropped 35 pounds looks like baby Gronk again. I am proud AND depressed looking at him.

I was always proud of my back muscles, That is where I think I should start. Discovering shoulder joints aren't so happy, though.

I was always proud of my back muscles, That is where I think I should start. Discovering shoulder joints aren't so happy, though.
Shoulders....

Take it easy. Actually, based on what I have experienced, take it easy everywhere for a while. Start at half (HALF) of what you think you should be doing and work up from there and I mean weight and reps. Better to go slow than to strain shit your forgot about. Trust me, I did it wrong to start and set myself back.

Seriously, half IMO.

Your brain thinks you are in better shape than you probably are. At least that was the case for me.

Just bands for now. Mostly tension stuff. Nice slow movements, Also picked up part time job at an amazon distribution center. My new cardio exercise, I suppose. Lots of lifting, moving. Starting to see more definition. But I am determined to get buff again at 63. lol.

Last edited:
I FUCKING hear you!!!

I don't know how old you guys are but I'm 49, not young by any stretch and I have periods of quite a largeness for several reasons like meds or booze. And even close to this age when my lifestyle changes I drop all the weight,

I mean, at the beginning of the year when I quit drinking heavily cuz it was starting to take a toll on my health I dropped 60 pounds in a month and a half, all proportioned.

Interesting. I know I will never a 175 pounds and jacked like when I came out of 4 months of bootcamp at 20. I have a solid build and I really wear 225 well and am very healthy regardless of exercise and all things I did to destroy myself over the years. Just seems to be my thing. My dad was this way too. A boxer when was young and strong as hell until he died even though he destroyed himself smoking 4 packs a day.

Good genes, I guess.

Last edited:
I probably should add 10 lbs. but making it muscle. That is the challenge.
Do some reading and certainly do what is right for you, but check out creatine. It has benefits for us "older" gentlemen (I'm 53) beyond muscle mass. I added 5 mg/day a year ago and was beneficial around joints that additional strength would help solidify the joint itself. It is super cheap too.

Walking redistributes your location.

Cheers

PS: Good for you and good luck with the next step.

Back