Random Thoughts

Another thought as I woke up from a nap...

What if Jo Jorgensen was to moderate a debate?
That would at least be more fair.

Pets. SO MUCH JOY FOR SO MANY YEARS.I want them to cease on their own accord. Lots of problems with our oldest one. So difficult.
I think I will love her to the end,
2020 keeps on sucking.

She exhibits no real pain but she can't talk to me. She is getting snappy.
Bottom line I cannot bring myself to putting her down.

huge sigh.

anyway whatever. gotta deal with this with everything else going on...

Not my sweet Kahlua.

Last edited:
Pets. SO MUCH JOY FOR SO MANY YEARS.I want them to cease on their own accord. Lots of problems with our oldest one. So difficult.
2020 keeps on sucking.

huge sigh.

Not my sweet Kahlua.

Sorry my friend. So hard to say goodbye.

BT

2020 keeps on sucking.

huge sigh.

Not my sweet Kahlua.

Sorry to hear, AOT.
Snappy usually means discomfort but could also be dementia. 90/10 ratio. Spinal discomfort from spinal arthritis or spondylosis is very common with dogs over 60 lbs.
A vet should be able to help her with pain. Blood work and xrays are necessary. Gabapentin is valuable for pinched nerves and NSAIDS are good for arthritic/general pain. Her liver function has to be good for NSAIDS to be prescribed and Labradors are notorious for poor liver function. I'm assuming Kahlua is a chocolate lab. No medications can make her young again but they can improve her quality of life. Good luck, friend.

Sorry to hear, AOT.
Snappy usually means discomfort but could also be dementia. 90/10 ratio. Spinal discomfort from spinal arthritis or spondylosis is very common with dogs over 60 lbs.
A vet should be able to help her with pain. Blood work and xrays are necessary. Gabapentin is valuable for pinched nerves and NSAIDS are good for arthritic/general pain. Her liver function has to be good for NSAIDS to be prescribed and Labradors are notorious for poor liver function. I'm assuming Kahlua is a chocolate lab. No medications can make her young again but they can improve her quality of life. Good luck, friend.

Thanks doc. Kahlua is my Vizsla/Dobie mix. 16+, Had her evaluated for quality of life a few months back. She was underweight. Gave us some meds. She's up to 41 lbs. I think it is dementia although something was going on with spine. Also can't hear, cloudy vision. Walks gingerly with spurts of energy most days. There was no guarantee all the testing would help. Cost evaluation made us go the route of let nature take its course. So...hoping we made the right decision.

Just giving her lots of love.

Last edited:
I do want to say my Lab picks up on her condition. So awesome.

I know all pet owners go through these times. Wishing it was different. Inevitability.

but 2020 still sucks.

Last edited:
I do want to say my Lab picks up on her condition. So awesome.

I know all pet owners go through these times. Wishing it was different. Inevitability.

but 2020 still sucks.

So sorry, my friend. Huge hugz.

My roomie just lost his best friend, his rottie last week, naturally, here at home while he was holding her.

Heartbreaking.

Took him to pick up a 2 year old beauty of a rottie yesterday.

Hopefully that lifts his spirits a bit. He did say he feels kinda guilty but he is a dog guy and really needs to have one. Not to mention now have an awesome new friend to hang with.

Hang in there man. And if you need to ever talk you know where I am.

So sorry, AOT. I've had to have all my cats euthanized, and the decision sucks. Perhaps it would help you to write down some of the wonderful times you've had with her and what makes her special, even the funny little quirks. Sometimes those things bring the most smiles later. And when you are later dealing with the grief, it may help. And every time you miss her, you can read her story. Much as we love them, sometimes as time goes on we lose track of some of the wonderful things unique to them.

I have two cats that are in rougher shape this year. One of them suddenly went blind, and the other most likely has cancer.

It's tough. I've had dogs too. But as difficult as it is, the years of joy pets give you make it worth it.

And you can feel good about doing good by this animal, with all the love, care, and expense of providing them a wonderful home their whole lives.

Sent from my US Robotics Courier Dual Standard using Tapatalk

I still have the ashes and a picture of my all time favorite friend. I look at that corner daily.
I love all my pets, I guess just differently

My lab? I want to die before him.
It would hurt too much.
I think I am serious.

I still have the ashes and a picture of my all time favorite friend. I look at that corner daily.
I love all my pets, I guess just differently

My lab? I want to die before him.
It would hurt too much.
I think I am serious.

I have the ashes of my best dog friends, my 2 boxers, Seamus and Breeze. Horrible losing them as they went everywhere with me even my job sites (my customers loved them both).

Like HS and UT said, it's the memories, my friend, the memories. wuv

Went out for lunch with my old friend Jenn from my crazy days in the 80’s and 90’s, her boyfriend from Oregon who she put me in touch with me cuz we share so many brain cells and Jo. 🤣

Man, we hit it off immediately. What an awesome day with such great people.

He’s moving out here to NH away from that shitstorm that is the left coast.

OMG I’m so excited. I have so many great women friends, so few quality guy friends in the real world.

This is gonna be awesome.

What a fun and wonderful day.

And the food, holy crap. Amazing. Meant to take a pic omy burger, holy crap, but go involved involved in a philosophical conversation and forgot.

Taking my new mortician girl out tomorrow and I’m taking her there then hang at the lake so I’ll take a pic then.

Jenn wanted a pic of the her dumbass friend that lived through all the dumbass shit I did to make it to 48 and have lunch with them today.

This is what a dumbass that somehow survived many years of dumbarassery looks like. And yes, there is beer in the cooler.ROFL

53xqrVu.jpg

The pain in your neck when you nod off at your computer and are jolted awake... ouch. double ouch. maybe even triple ouch. probably need to get in my jacuzzi ouch.

ps. nice to meet you JL!

Addition: Dadgummit I wish I would have nodded off forward instead of backward. Having difficulty turning my noggin to the right still. Sucks.
Anyway my random thoughts for tonight.

Last edited:
I love Ian Punnet.
Ok I promise to stop now.

:) I just had to look him up. Are you Episcopalian? No reason, just saw he is.

And man this thread is meant be blown up.

Use it for whatever you want except politics.

That's the only rule.

120955169_3472285939460566_8262741324701118064_n.png

:) I just had to look him up. Are you Episcopalian? No reason, just saw he is.

And man this thread is meant be blown up.

Use it for whatever you want except politics.

That's the only rule.

Just like you I seem to be a night owl most nights. I got to know Ian as a guest host on coast to coast. Really like it when he does it. Always has interesting guests and steers that broadcast in thought provoking directions. BTW I am Greek Orthodox. Dad is a priest. .
Anyway, tonight was about Eddie. Here in San Diego it is on kogo. am 600 I love when he has guests on religion, too.
You can listen again starting at 2 am my time.

open lines right now. always cool.

Back