Random Thoughts

Crap, was looking forward to getting a better shift, hopefully the monday through friday 4pm to midnight shift in three weeks. Found out today the new guy who has been here a few months turned in his notice. It isn't a job where you can be trained in weeks, it takes months.

“It's easy to run to others. It's so hard to stand on one's own record. You can fake virtue for an audience. You can't fake it in your own eyes. Your ego is your strictest judge. They run from it. They spend their lives running. It's easier to donate a few thousand to charity and think oneself noble than to base self-respect on personal standards of personal achievement. It's simple to seek substitutes for competence--such easy substitutes: love, charm, kindness, charity. But there is no substitute for competence.”
― Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

that sucks! what are you working now?
Normal is Saturday and Sunday 8a to 4pm, Monday noon to 8pm, Tuesday and Wednesday 4pm to midnight. I say normal as i haven't worked normal a lot because of people taking off (their right).

There is talk of going 12 hours on weekends for two people and one person gets m-f 4pm to midnight. There is also possibly also going to four 10's. This is all until a new person is hired and goes through the 2-3 month training process if they are green. Frankly, I just want to go to church on Sunday morning, possibly with my family. I want some sort of normalcy.

Overall I'm just annoyed that the guy was almost through his training period and then quit!

Sitting at a friend's house with Jo with a wood stove blazing on this beautiful NH evening.

The smells of the leaves and the stove are sublime.
Last I went out to grab Chinese food and told my husband it smells like fall, all that was missing was a fire!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

“Head for the moon. If you miss, you will still be among the stars”― David Gandy

I sorta hope space aliens land on the WH lawn Nov 4th.
Somehow that would be more comforting to me than what I can imagine might happen...

Just thinking back on my life tonight.

So the sickest I have ever been, was coming back home after a 2 week stay in Puerto Vallarta. Great time! Might have been the water (or ice), might have been the daily runs to the corona store. Probably a combination.
But constant squirting for 2 weeks after coming back, It was unreal. 10-15x a day/night.

The only thing that compared to that miserableness was an ear ache i got as a kid that lasted through my entire family vacation at Edisto Beach. Such pain and was stuck working on puzzles in the beach house. Sucked.

I guess I have been fortunate.

This Covid stuff, I just don't know what to believe. I get it people are dying but I get it most are not. And I get it we are not allowed to live our lives normally anymore. And I want that to end. ASAP.

Call me ignorant if you want, I will laugh. or maybe just think WTF has been going on.
Ugh.

Testing positive for Covid is not a death sentence, that is clear to me.

Just thinking back on my life tonight.

So the sickest I have ever been, was coming back home after a 2 week stay in Puerto Vallarta. Great time! Might have been the water (or ice), might have been the daily runs to the corona store. Probably a combination.
But constant squirting for 2 weeks after coming back, It was unreal. 10-15x a day/night.

The only thing that compared to that miserableness was an ear ache i got as a kid that lasted through my entire family vacation at Edisto Beach. Such pain and was stuck working on puzzles in the beach house. Sucked.

I guess I have been fortunate.

This Covid stuff, I just don't know what to believe. I get it people are dying but I get it most are not. And I get it we are not allowed to live our lives normally anymore. And I want that to end. ASAP.

Call me ignorant if you want, I will laugh. or maybe just think WTF has been going on.
Ugh.

Testing positive for Covid is not a death sentence, that is clear to me.
Turn your TV off, and it goes away...

“I have not lived as a woman. I have lived as a man. I’ve done just what I damn well wanted to and I’ve made enough money to support myself and I ain’t afraid of being alone.” —Katherine Hepburn

122634418_10215022135225495_956659503256585554_n[1].jpg

I hope UT's phoenix in the banner is a sign that the Pats will rise from the ashes before the season ends.

I hope UT's phoenix in the banner is a sign that the Pats will rise from the ashes before the season ends.
That would be nice and awfully prescient of me eh?

No, it was just meant for PatriotsPlanet being reborn.

Back