Random Thoughts

So, I don't know if this qualifies as random, but this was a really interesting blog from my brother. Please give him a click and read the whole thing,
but I've excerpted a section below just because it was........metaphysical. Or something. BTW, it's my firepit that he mentions, but it's just too cold
to use it right now.

We are living in a simulation. And that simulation exists inside Tom Brady's mind.

That's the best explanation I've got. The Boltzmann Brain Theorem. Named after Ludwig Boltzmann, whose theorem is that it's more likely that the universe is a hallucination that it actually exists. To extrapolate, it's more likely that the hallucination belongs to one man than that man could quarterback his seventh Super Bowl championship at the age of 43.

That's all I got. I mean, I'll try to explain the football. But for now, this is how I'm processing what we just bore witness to. Quantum physics. Bear with me a minute. Cosmologist Brian Greene points out that we currently exist at 10 to the 10th power years after the Big Bang. At 10 to the 30th power years, the Earth will spiral into our dead sun. At 10 to the 38th, all protons will disintegrate into a fine spray. At 10 to the 68th, all Black Holes will become macroscopic and radiate away all their materials. By 10 to the 100th, the universe will be a bath of elementary particles. And by 10 to the 10th to the 68th power years- so a double exponential - random motion of particles could form a brain, recreating actual thought. And everything we experience is a hallucination of future random constituents of matter. And I say that future cosmos-sized superbrain belongs to the eternal being that is Tom Brady. I wasn't sure why I memorized this theory, other than for something profound to say some night when I'm sitting around drinking beers at my brother's firepit. But now I realize it's so I could explain the GOAT's existence when this day came. It's far more logical than the 199th pick in the 2000 NFL draft winning his fifth Super Bowl MVP with no end in sight.

This might be my last weekend I have to work sundays or be at work at 8am on Saturday. Hallelujah. Can’t wait to get back to going to church. First Sunday that weather is good I’m going to go to my brothers church as a surprise.

While I have a mostly indoor job, know there is a good chance I will be taking care of some snow tomorrow night in the satellite dishes and sidewalks. I’m taking my snow bibs, boots, gloves, head lamp (for clearing dishes), a second coat that is double thick, tennis shoes, and a head covering. Bring it on snow, I’m prepared this time.

While I have a mostly indoor job, know there is a good chance I will be taking care of some snow tomorrow night in the satellite dishes and sidewalks. I’m taking my snow bibs, boots, gloves, head lamp (for clearing dishes), a second coat that is double thick, tennis shoes, and a head covering. Bring it on snow, I’m prepared this time.
After you're done clearing the snow, you should warm up with hot chocolate and Marshmallow Fluff.

And don't use Kraft Marshmallow Creme - that stuff is crap. For the true gourmet experience, it has to be Fluff.

1613368717680.png

My ex gf/fiance/whatever started texting me out of the blue...the one in KC. She's a registered dietician. Anyway, she's really smart in the health niche. I was just trying to be civil and whatnot. I moved on a long time ago from her. I have no idea why she's even messaging me anymore. Anyway, she turned me on to "throat coat tea". I've been dealing with some various issues...but, I tried this tea, and I think that I'm hooked on it now. It's very calming. It has a good taste. It's actually good for you. OK...that is WAY random! :coffee:

Don’t drink hot chocolate (or anything hot, pretty much just ice water).

Sounds like you and I have the same job.

Not really, I work at a tv station. Just when it snows and no engineers or custodian is in, we are asked to try to keep the sidewalks clear as well as the satellite dishes we get programming from.

To those who are getting winter weather, I'm sorry. I ordered a white christmas from Wish, their shipping was a bit slow.

Back