Random Thoughts

I’m stick with spectrum or frontier internet that is crappy at best. I wish fiber was an option here. Funny thing is my work just got fiber last year. Before that it was wireless and was not dependable. Sometimes it took us 4 hours to download a :30 spot. Let’s not talk about a 28:30 length paid program.
PFFT...I'm still waiting for 3G where I'm at...I'm on sighfi.

Starlink.

Especially at a northern latitude like Montana.

Public open beta now. Most are seeing speeds of 100 to 200 mbps. And ping times around 20ms.

It's what I was going to get before fiber was a possibility.

It's also poised to make a huge, huge difference in RVing and Sailing.

Starlink.

Especially at a northern latitude like Montana.

Public open beta now. Most are seeing speeds of 100 to 200 mbps. And ping times around 20ms.

It's what I was going to get before fiber was a possibility.

It's also poised to make a huge, huge difference in RVing and Sailing.
Via SpaceX. :coffee:

Well, this is bullshit.

Mid April snow storm complete with power outage.

Before I made coffee.

:mad:
My condolences, both for the snow and for the coffee deficit.

We're just getting into fall here, and Mrs. TR and I discovered a coffee roaster in an industrial park that's about a 40 minute walk from my house.

We'll be frequent visitors.

a post I made on FB who knows when, (maybe even here, too} I still agree with and my wish in these troubled times to be squelched. It. is. not. us. I hope.

Just trying.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2021-04-16 at 12.26.50 PM.png
    Screen shot 2021-04-16 at 12.26.50 PM.png
    465.4 KB · Views: 8
I get a lunch break next two mondays. This sounds weird but here is context.

Normally I work 4pm to midnight with no lunch. I can drive five minutes to nearest town but there is two options. Subway or Mexican and last two times I had the Mexican I’m sure I got food poisoning. They need me to work another department next two mondays and a week from Thursday. That department gets unpaid hour lunch breaks. My only option when working my department is bring food or subway and I’m getting sick of subway.

I get a lunch break next two mondays. This sounds weird but here is context.

Normally I work 4pm to midnight with no lunch. I can drive five minutes to nearest town but there is two options. Subway or Mexican and last two times I had the Mexican I’m sure I got food poisoning. They need me to work another department next two mondays and a week from Thursday. That department gets unpaid hour lunch breaks. My only option when working my department is bring food or subway and I’m getting sick of subway.

Is there a microwave oven where you work? That would provide a lot of options to you if you're willing to bring food in with you. Otherwise you'll have to do the sandwich thing (which doesn't bother me, PB&J has always worked for me). Having some boring meals is OK - it just means I appreciate my fine dining experiences even more. And some days I just bring in celery and carrots and such and get a bag of chips to supplement - I am famished when I get home, but that's ok, too.

I've noticed that things have been tough in Indiana lately - three mass shootings since the start of 2021. I hope being on PatriotsPlanet has given you an oasis of sanity - there's some good people here, and since you've been here you've been a solid contributor. You've even helped me see that the Colts aren't the most despicable team in the league. :beer:

We have a microwave and fridge. In an emergency (like a snow storm) the kitchen set has an oven. I cook when I can but I also get tired of eating the same thing all the time. If I cook for the family, no beef as my wife doesn’t like it. We eat a lot of chicken.

While my main college i root for in athletics will always be Purdue (and I’m closer to iu), my next favorite is Alabama. I spent three weeks in Tuscaloosa rebuilding after the tornadoes with Samaritan’s purse so I got a connection there. I also went to my one and only big school basketball game there (nit tourney bama vs Maryland, bama won). Now I want to be in the chaos of 101k people rooting for the tide at Bryant Denny stadium after watching this.

View: https://youtu.be/dv3QlR6z8KY

The technology in stadium lighting has improved drastically in recent years.

View: https://youtu.be/2iJ-Hkbx7Kk

Can’t get this type of atmosphere where I live and the only way I would go bro Bloomington to experience it is to watch Purdue beat iu. Chances are I will go to a Purdue game first but a bama game will happen.

Back