Random Thoughts

My wife and father in law are cold natured, had the air on yesterday as it was needed. It was 69 in the house this morning and my wife turns on the heat. It felt great then it didn’t. Of course the air will be back on this afternoon. Even if the air is on, it isn’t that cool in here, they can’t stand it below 74.

My wife and father in law are cold natured, had the air on yesterday as it was needed. It was 69 in the house this morning and my wife turns on the heat. It felt great then it didn’t. Of course the air will be back on this afternoon. Even if the air is on, it isn’t that cool in here, they can’t stand it below 74.
It was cold here Sat and Sun. And we lit the fire both days. For MemDay weekend??? Sheesh.

Cheers

Pretty day here, usually is. Kids coming over for BBQ. Simple Carne Asada on grill . Well, I mean they are going to be ramped up carne asadas.
Also, gonna have watermelon for the first time this year.

But here's a random thought:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2021-05-31 at 3.58.16 PM.png
    Screen shot 2021-05-31 at 3.58.16 PM.png
    138.9 KB · Views: 2
Pretty day here, usually is. Kids coming over for BBQ. Simple Carne Asada on grill . Well, I mean they are going to be ramped up carne asadas.
Also, gonna have watermelon for the first time this year.

But here's a random thought:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Know how bad the housing market is for buyers where I live? Every house in my neighborhood is 150k and up and every single house that pops up goes pending in two or less days. I just found the latest house to go up, 3 bed, 2.5 bath, 2400 sq ft, was listed at 255k. It was bought for 214k three years ago. I'm not sure they even put any money into the house other then what was needed. After next month, our house is at least a 155k house and we bought at 130k. We have put in a new hvac, floors in most of the house, matching appliances, redid the deck and made it bigger and the biggest thing happens next month, new roof. Next year we are doing bathroom work, that should add 5-10k easily though we maybe topping out what we can expect to sell for if we ever do. My house is 3 bed/2 bath and 1250 sq ft.

Know how bad the housing market is for buyers where I live? Every house in my neighborhood is 150k and up and every single house that pops up goes pending in two or less days. I just found the latest house to go up, 3 bed, 2.5 bath, 2400 sq ft, was listed at 255k. It was bought for 214k three years ago. I'm not sure they even put any money into the house other then what was needed. After next month, our house is at least a 155k house and we bought at 130k. We have put in a new hvac, floors in most of the house, matching appliances, redid the deck and made it bigger and the biggest thing happens next month, new roof. Next year we are doing bathroom work, that should add 5-10k easily though we maybe topping out what we can expect to sell for if we ever do. My house is 3 bed/2 bath and 1250 sq ft.

Those home prices are significantly lower than in the northeast. I'm curious if the pay scales are commensurate to the lower cost of living.

The median list price of homes in San Diego, CA was $729K, trending up 4.2% year-over-year while the median sale price was $700K. The sale-to-List Price Ratio was 100.85% which shows that homes sold for approximately the asking price on average in March 2021.

In my area, my home is significantly higher than the median and homes are still selling if they even make it to the market and at or above asking price. I don't get. I average a call a day about listing my home. My VM is getting full.

I'm not really sure, we have low end and high end jobs here. The house that just sold was owned by a resident doctor who had just ended his residency and is moving to misery, I mean Missouri for his job. I bet we could afford a slight more expensive house still comfortably but if I'm going to be a part of spending 200k for a home, I want land. Around here, 70k gets you a nice, liveable house. 125k gets you a nicer house in a better neighborhood, and 150k gets you into nice subdivisions.

This is a higher end home that is in a nice neighborhood. There is more expensive homes, but this is average high end.

If we had to live in City limits and be more city like (I'm in city limits but it doesn't seem like it), this would be okay to me.

I'm sure if I looked, I could find something nice in the 90-105k range here also. My area has a low cost of living, which is great. The issue is that we don't have a lot of things to entertain you here. The plus side we are within five hours of major cities (Indy, St. Louis, Louisville, Cincinatti, Chicago), over ten theme/amusement parks, we do have nice city and county parks, plus we have nice stores and most nights the biggest crime news story is a drug bust and not a murder. We have about 100k population for my county. Being close to Indy for a day trip is really nice without Indy home prices. My brother in laws house is getting close to doubling in value since he bought it.

Last edited:
Found a Wrangler I like that is priced descent. 2018 sport with 44k miles for 36k. It has a hard top, which is what I want. A soft top is easily purchased, not a hard top. Not a fan of the radio, but that can be replaced. Would have about a 30k loan when said and done (36k minus 16k trade in, plus 7k to pay off my current car plus taxes).

Edit: Just seen it has manual windows so I'm not going to look at it.

I said it before, once you get a Jeep, even if you get rid of it, you always want one. Found a 2015 with 66k miles (4k less then my current car), hard top, lifted, 33" mud tires for 29k. I'm about 75% about actually trying to buy it. Stopped and looked at it today (someone else was looking at it also) and I'm pretty sure I can get car seats in the back. That might put me over the top. Payments might go up 50 dollars, but if I cancel a car wash membership, there is the 50 dollars right there.

I said it before, once you get a Jeep, even if you get rid of it, you always want one. Found a 2015 with 66k miles (4k less then my current car), hard top, lifted, 33" mud tires for 29k. I'm about 75% about actually trying to buy it. Stopped and looked at it today (someone else was looking at it also) and I'm pretty sure I can get car seats in the back. That might put me over the top. Payments might go up 50 dollars, but if I cancel a car wash membership, there is the 50 dollars right there.

It sold today, oh well. Looked around at all the other car lots in town with websites and nothing popped up. Found a nice 2015 Sahara but has 7k more miles then I have now and I would want less.

Went today (Monday) and looked at a 2014 Sahara with 39k miles. Rode great, ran great, then came the problems. Put a car seat in and it sat funky. Took it to a certified car seat installer to get their opinion. Due to the angle of the back seat and design of the car seat, it wouldn’t fit. So on top of spending 34k on a Jeep, I would have to spend 2-300 on new car seats. That was a deal breaker. My kids will be in boosters in a few years and the 2018 jlu’s will be cheaper then. Also they were only going to give me 12k on my trade. Kbb has average trade in at 14k and nada has it at 16k.

I forgot to mention that both kids are staying the night at SarAhs parents. First time for us. We did what any responsible parents would do. We cleaned house, purged toys, did dishes and laundry. Went from 1pm until 6 and 8:30 until 12:30 cleaning. Still have a few areas to clean but will have done time on Wednesday when both kids go to daycare (for socializing more then anything) for four hours. Oh, today (Tuesday) is my birthday so we are going to my wife’s favorite restaurant, an Amish buffet. Good thing I like it also. I was also saving my wife from imminent death by kill deadly, tiny spiders all evening as we cleaned.

CF2TE - I always wanted a Jeep and someday I will own one.... but I couldn't get over the MPG (or lack there of) when I was younger as I did a lot of trips. then kids, etc. one day!
I told me (now legally adult) kids that I wanted one with no roof or doors as I'd park it in the garage and only take out on days I could drive w/o roof and doors. it would be that kind of vehicle :)

That is exactly what the owner of the 14 I drive did. Miles per gallon don’t bother me as my town is smaller and also the smiles per mile would be worth it.

365 days then it is all down hill from there, or so they say. Or is it 50 then downhill now? All I know is my kids have so much energy I wish I could get half it it.

Wow, I chose the wrong profession. Jeff Bezos, Warren Buffet, Musk and many others pay 3% or less of their income in taxes. If I only knew then...

ProPublica has obtained a vast trove of Internal Revenue Service data on the tax returns of thousands of the nation’s wealthiest people, covering more than 15 years. The data provides an unprecedented look inside the financial lives of America’s titans, including Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, Rupert Murdoch and Mark Zuckerberg. It shows not just their income and taxes, but also their investments, stock trades, gambling winnings and even the results of audits.

The IRS records show that the wealthiest can — perfectly legally — pay income taxes that are only a tiny fraction of the hundreds of millions, if not billions, their fortunes grow each year.

The confidential tax records obtained by ProPublica show that the ultra-rich effectively sidestep this system.

Wealth, income and taxes for four of the richest people in the country from 2014 to 2018.
Buffett pays 0.1% in taxes? Damn

yes, but you get to pet tons of cats.
i'll take that over bezos' money. 😁

Thanks Good Job GIF by Sherchle

los angeles no GIF by Red Bull

will ferrell crying GIF

Back