Random Thoughts

Found a Wrangler I like that is priced descent. 2018 sport with 44k miles for 36k. It has a hard top, which is what I want. A soft top is easily purchased, not a hard top. Not a fan of the radio, but that can be replaced. Would have about a 30k loan when said and done (36k minus 16k trade in, plus 7k to pay off my current car plus taxes).

Edit: Just seen it has manual windows so I'm not going to look at it.
Advertise on FB that you are looking for soon to be turned in leased Wrangler. Recent iterations came with free oil changes so hopefully that will have been taken care of. Look specifically in the Metro Detroit market. We have a MILLION of them driving around up here. My hand gets tired from waving every 15 seconds. Waved at 3 in a row yesterday.

We have a 2019 Sahara with the upgraded entertainment package. Believe it or not, it sounds really good for any car and excellent for a Wrangler. Got the 2.0 turbo and we love it. The previous one had the 3.6 v-6 and the 2.0 is better in every way. Get about 24mpg unless my daughter drives and then only 18mpg.

Last edited:
Detroit Driving Tips
😏
😏
Happy Wednesday!!
🤣
🤣

1. First, you must learn to pronounce the city name. It's Di-troit. NOT DEE-troit. If you pronounce it DEE-Troit then we will assume you are from Toledo.
2. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Detroit has its own version of traffic rules... Hold on and pray.
3. The morning rush hour is from 6:00am to 10:00am. The evening rush hour is from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. Friday's rush hour starts Thursday morning. Weekends are open game.
4. If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will be rear-ended, cussed out and possibly shot. If you're first off the starting line when the light turns green, count to five before going. This will avoid getting in the way of cross-traffic who just ran their yellow light to keep from getting shot.
5. Schoenherr can only be properly pronounced by a native of the Detroit metro area. That goes for Gratiot too. Schoenherr is pronounced SHAY NER. Gratiot is pronounced, GRASH IT.
6. Construction and renovation on I-94, I-96, I-75, I-275, I-375, The Lodge and Southfield freeways are a way of life. Just deal with it. There are two seasons in Detroit; winter and construction.
7. If someone actually has their turn signal on, it is probably a factory defect or they are from out of town.
8. All old men with white hair wearing a hat have total right-of-way.
9. The minimum acceptable speed on I-696 is 85 regardless of the posted speeds. Anything less is considered downright sissy. Don't even think of allowing more than one car length between cars.
10. That attractive wrought iron on the windows and doors in Detroit is not ornamental. DO NOT get out of your car.
11. Never stare at the driver of the car with the bumper sticker that says "Keep honking, I'm reloading."
12. If you are in the left lane, and only going 70 in a 60 mph zone, people are not waving because they are so friendly in Detroit. I would suggest you duck.
13. I-275 / I-696 is our daily version of NASCAR.
14. It's not M-10, it's "The Lodge".
15. That's not a lake, it's a pothole.
16. If someone tells you it's on Outer Drive, you better have a map.
17. The left turn is simple. If you want to turn left, go a 1/4 of a mile past your turn, get to the left, then make a left, then make a right. Now you have gone left.
Sidenotes:
6 mile turns into McNichols
8 mile turns into Baseline and Vernier at opposite ends
15 mile turns into Maple.
16 mile turns into Big Beaver and becomes Metro Parkway, then Quarton, somewhere along the way.
17 mile turns into Wattles
18 mile turns into Long Lake
19 mile turns into Square Lake
20 mile turns into Hall Road and then Highland Rd., before it becomes M-59
Main street starts as "Main Street" and turns into Livernois for no apparent reason.
If someone tells you to take "75 South to Detroit" make sure you merge onto 375 or you'll end up in Toledo.
Good Luck!
🤣
🤣
🤣

Detroit Driving Tips
😏
😏
Happy Wednesday!!
🤣
🤣

1. First, you must learn to pronounce the city name. It's Di-troit. NOT DEE-troit. If you pronounce it DEE-Troit then we will assume you are from Toledo.
2. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Detroit has its own version of traffic rules... Hold on and pray.
3. The morning rush hour is from 6:00am to 10:00am. The evening rush hour is from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. Friday's rush hour starts Thursday morning. Weekends are open game.
4. If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will be rear-ended, cussed out and possibly shot. If you're first off the starting line when the light turns green, count to five before going. This will avoid getting in the way of cross-traffic who just ran their yellow light to keep from getting shot.
5. Schoenherr can only be properly pronounced by a native of the Detroit metro area. That goes for Gratiot too. Schoenherr is pronounced SHAY NER. Gratiot is pronounced, GRASH IT.
6. Construction and renovation on I-94, I-96, I-75, I-275, I-375, The Lodge and Southfield freeways are a way of life. Just deal with it. There are two seasons in Detroit; winter and construction.
7. If someone actually has their turn signal on, it is probably a factory defect or they are from out of town.
9. The minimum acceptable speed on I-696 is 85 regardless of the posted speeds. Anything less is considered downright sissy. Don't even think of allowing more than one car length between cars.
10. That attractive wrought iron on the windows and doors in Detroit is not ornamental. DO NOT get out of your car.
11. Never stare at the driver of the car with the bumper sticker that says "Keep honking, I'm reloading."
12. If you are in the left lane, and only going 70 in a 60 mph zone, people are not waving because they are so friendly in Detroit. I would suggest you duck.
17. The left turn is simple. If you want to turn left, go a 1/4 of a mile past your turn, get to the left, then make a left, then make a right. Now you have gone left.
Sidenotes:
16 mile turns into Big Beaver and becomes Metro Parkway, then Quarton, somewhere along the way.
Main street starts as "Main Street" and turns into Livernois for no apparent reason.
If someone tells you to take "75 South to Detroit" make sure you merge onto 375 or you'll end up in Toledo.
Good Luck!
🤣
🤣
🤣
:rofl:

At the counties fairgrounds for the shrine circus. It is my wife’s and Elizabeth first time at the circus. My only disappointment in life is tgat I never got to experience the ringling brothers and Barnum Bailey three ring circus with a live band. While rbbb is coming back, I doubt it will have a live band, be three ring or travel by train. At least I got the thrill of seeing the circus train going through my town a few times a year.

Sometime yesterday cell towers for a major area of Indiana went down and affected almost every carrier. As of now I think I can make phone calls but no 4g data. Glad I have land based WiFi at home and work.

edit: I apparently turned off mobile data yesterday. Haha.

Last edited:
Are you a grasshopper or an ant?

Are you a dog jealous of his reflection?

Asking everyone to just think about it.

Last edited:
Detroit Driving Tips
😏
😏
Happy Wednesday!!
🤣
🤣

Sidenotes:
Good Luck!
🤣
🤣
🤣
I've driven in Michigan. All true, especially the never-ending construction! :devilish1:

Most expensive house project starts tomorrow morning, new roof.

I drove in Detroit once, it's interesting to say the least! I love the place though, an American city with this huge industrial legacy, there's something very cool about it. And I even pronounced the name correctly when I was there and got a compliment from a native for it :LOL:

The Chrysler commercial that Eminem did featuring Detroit was cool.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYsFUFgOEmM

Since they were here at 6:30am and my wife and kids went to her parents, I took a 30 minute bike ride. Ended going 5.6 miles. Hopefully I can be up to ten miles by the end of summer.

I drove in Detroit once, it's interesting to say the least! I love the place though, an American city with this huge industrial legacy, there's something very cool about it. And I even pronounced the name correctly when I was there and got a compliment from a native for it :LOL:

The Chrysler commercial that Eminem did featuring Detroit was cool.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYsFUFgOEmM

I know every street and venue in that ad. Is Detroit rough? Very much so. Is Detroit amazing/beautiful/scary/fun/honest/tough? Also, very much so.

The family and I will spend a week this July in Boston. They love it there. We will eat in the North End (Bourque's place and Regina's for sure), we will visit my Aunt on the cape, we will walk the Freedom Trail and have a few pints along the way, Rockport for lobster and they will see Hampton Beach for the first time (and they will laugh at my memories). My heart is from Lowell and I am an a Masshole for sure.

But Detroit and Michigan has been HOME since 1991.

Last edited:
I roofed one year in college. That is WORK.

If the pitch isn't bad, I could actually get on a roof even with my fear of heights. My roof pitch is tall, I will probably never get on it. I did help roof a friends parents house a little bit one year. They didn't have a steep pitched roof so it wasn't bad.

Back