Random Thoughts

Apparently when I was on my way to work, we had a 3.8 earthquake centered not far from where I live. I was driving so I didn't feel it. I think the last one in 2008 was a 4.4.

Apparently when I was on my way to work, we had a 3.8 earthquake centered not far from where I live. I was driving so I didn't feel it. I think the last one in 2008 was a 4.4.
Anything under 5 or so won't do anything except rattle and move a dish or two an mm...maybe. You may hear a pop or feel a rumble. windows rattle. dogs bark.
When you get close to 7 all hell breaks loose...

I know, we are close to a few fault lines (obviously) and they always say we are due for the "big one" but that is for any natural disasters. When the 4.4 one happened in 2008 I woke up right before it and it did just shake and rumble.

We felt that San Fran quake in LA. Our chandelier started swinging. IIRC right before the WS game?

I lived at the epicenter of the Northridge Quake. When the earth moves that violently it does seem like forever. And the sound, it was deafening. Cabinets became detached from walls, Everything in them thrown all over the place. Refrigerator moved 15 feet. The cinderblock partitions between our properties came crashing down. About 2 feet of water from our pool came out. And then there were the aftershocks for months. We spent a week living in a tent in our front yard. Quite the experience.

But made a lot of friends...

We felt that San Fran quake in LA. Our chandelier started swinging. IIRC right before the WS game?

I lived at the epicenter of the Northridge Quake. When the earth moves that violently it does seem like forever. And the sound, it was deafening. Cabinets became detached from walls, Everything in them thrown all over the place. Refrigerator moved 15 feet. The cinderblock partitions between our properties came crashing down. About 2 feet of water from our pool came out. And then there were the aftershocks for months. We spent a week living in a tent in our front yard. Quite the experience.

But made a lot of friends...

Yep, World Series game. Was watching in a juvenile lockup. LOL. Al Michael's was calling the game if I remember correctly. Craziness!!

A thunderstorm as seen from Space ...

A towering thunderstorm lights up the night skies over Panama, as seen at 37,000 feet.

photography by Santiago Borja

FB_IMG_1624029140407.jpg

Stormed all night, only damage so far is one tree has damaged roots and will have to come out. It is at a 45 degree angle to the ground. Guess we will get a new tree this year.

For those who haven’t really gone to the gym much or those who do. I forgot how addicting it is. Not only is it alone time for me (don’t get much of), it feels good to work out. In a few weeks, going with a neighbor who does lifting weights and not just cardio, weight machines like I do.

For those who haven’t really gone to the gym much or those who do. I forgot how addicting it is. Not only is it alone time for me (don’t get much of), it feels good to work out. In a few weeks, going with a neighbor who does lifting weights and not just cardio, weight machines like I do.

Glad you like it but as for me, ugh!!!. :)

I have been in very good shape most of my life through work and play, even when I'm not there ain't no way I'm going to a gym.

I've been to the gym and there is little I would like to do less than spend any time there. LOL.

Hang out naked in a spider pit, I suppose, but not much else. :rofl:

Every day at lunch. Run a 5k on the tread mill (easier on the knees than the street) and do different core stuff.

I'm the opposite. I run outside. Nothing at all wrong with a treadmill it's just I need to be going somewhere.
I agree. I prefer outside, but I can't run outside 5 days in a row and be able to walk, LOL. I mean, I can do it, but it hurts at night to walk. I am on pretty soft Brooks too,

I agree. I prefer outside, but I can't run outside 5 days in a row and be able to walk, LOL. I mean, I can do it, but it hurts at night to walk. I am on pretty soft Brooks too,
Love Brooks. Might say I'm addicted. :coffee:

Cheers

Just learned this morning that Herb died. RIP.

Been watching some reruns on youtube the last hour or so. Loved that show. Several laughs a minute.
Nice distraction and to reminisce.

Bailey over Jennifer.

Just learned this morning that Herb died. RIP.

Been watching some reruns on youtube the last hour or so. Loved that show. Several laughs a minute.
Nice distraction and to reminisce.

Bailey over Jennifer.
All. Day. Long.

Back