Random Thoughts

Tomorrow was going to be an overtime day (or Saturday), but since I am working six days a week for the next weeks plus I'm volunteering with my church for 16 hours next week on some home renovations the youth is doing, I decided to take tomorrow off. My wife and I will be taking Elizabeth to a pool over in Illinois (as it is better then my cities pool).

Did something for the first time today, emailed city and county leadership to say that the local public pool needs addressed. Basically the local city pool is a pool with a splash pad. No slide or anything spectacular. I emailed the mayor, the parks super, the city council, county council and county commissioners and basically said it is way past time for my town to get something nice even if it means pooling money together. I drove an hour Friday to enjoy a nice pool.

Onto another random thought.

Tomorrow, my wife's mom goes into work and will leave Tuesday to never work there again. After 44 years, she is retiring.

Did something for the first time today, emailed city and county leadership to say that the local public pool needs addressed. Basically the local city pool is a pool with a splash pad. No slide or anything spectacular. I emailed the mayor, the parks super, the city council, county council and county commissioners and basically said it is way past time for my town to get something nice even if it means pooling money together. I drove an hour Friday to enjoy a nice pool.

Tomorrow, my wife's mom goes into work and will leave Tuesday to never work there again. After 44 years, she is retiring.
again Congrats to her. May these next years be actually golden.

Cheers

And boring
Exactly! I told my spouse that, "If I was normal, you would leave me" I try to increase my strangeness a little bit every year lol. By the time I'm 65 there is a good chance I will be locked in a mental institution.

Wow, congrats to your wife's mom. Hope retirement treats her well! Some people like my uncle are cut out for retirement (he keeps himself busy and loves life) and other people like my dad went goofy after he retired..... It's the damndest thing. I have a love hat relationship with my job lol.... Some days I feel like I could quit and can't stand it.... yet other days I love coming to the office.... I love my spouse and my son, but I think if I was at home every single day I would go nuts. I have been in the office since day one of Covid. I tried working at home for a short while and it just didn't work lol.

Annual check up today, my only goal was to not weigh as much as I did in January or May. I don't remember exactly what I weighed then, but knew what it was over. Now the past few weeks have been hectic and i haven't been able ot get to the gym or ride my bike hardly at all. Happy to say that I was not at the number I was earlier this year and was between 1-4 pounds under it. Now I really want to push myself to get to the gym or ride my bike more often. I was sorta amazed at the number because I ate breakfast with Sarah at Cracker barrel (three pieces of bacon, two sausage patties, three eggs, two biscuits with gravy, and a biscuit). Plus I haven't exactly at healthy this week either (I never really do but sometimes I will won't pig out or will get a salad and fruit for dinner at work).

Does anyone here like Coconut? I bloody love it. A coconut chocolate bar, coconut ice cream, coconut in a thai curry, coconut oil for frying, actual coconut itself....yum.

Back