Random Thoughts

Love depending on coworkers that you can't depend on. Sure, the problem was really out of our control but something that was as important as this was, you get a hold of someone until you solve the issue so it doesn't become an emergency.

The start of the year I probably owed about 8k on my car, maybe more as I didn’t keep track. I also was late in January for a payment. I’m now a month ahead, plus I have been paying extra on my principle. I started round up to the higher 100. My payment is normally 308 dollars. Start from the start round up to 325, this year I started to round up to 400 and now I round up to 500. I owe less then 4K and it will be paid off by July, about a year early. Next month I plan on doubling a payment since I will have two holidays plus potentially my 2.50 an hour raise on my first check if the year.

Had about seven hours kid free today so we did the responsible thing parents do. We went out to eat, cleaned and purged our closet, did some cleaning/purging/storing of stuff in some kitchen cabinets. No where near done but looks better. If we can get a few more days if this next month we can get the house back in good order.

We also started the process of refinancing. We are refinancing to get a lower rate but to also pay off a little debt. Even with borrowing more, we will still pay less per month then we are now. Of course, when possible we will be paying extra to get the loan lower, faster.

No idea, I buy snacks at the grocery store since they are cheaper.

I battled my bougainvilleas today and lost. Wrenched my neck and shoulder.
But at least I don't have any gashes on my arms.
Ugh,

Still Covid free. Go figure.

Last edited:
Fun week for sarah and myself. I work overtime two days this week making me eight in a row (would’ve been 12 if not for Covid) and sarah works two overtime days this week. I get 56 hours and she is getting at least 60. At least her overtime is $114 an hour compared to my 22.50.

It's been a winter of pretty big waves on the west coast of Ireland so far, on the Atlantic coast. Many of you are probably unaware that Ireland has some of the best big waves in the world which thanks to modern wetsuits mean they can be surfed in the winter. It'styupical to see groups of Californians, South Africans, Aussies etc driving up and down the west coast chasing the waves.

I was watching this wave being surfed, it's quite incredible. From 47 secs in, just keep watching and see how big the wave gets! These waves are jetski tow-in only they're so big.

View: https://youtu.be/qHbLTPi_5w0?t=47

Last edited:
25 Years ago we stayed at a small hotel Right on the beach at At Rossnowlagh Donegal. Late May 82. Surprised to see a guy and girl surfing (modest waves). Just wearing old fashioned wetsuits (looked like cheap neoprene), Having fun. Water still very cold (waded a bit till ankles hurt).

Cheers

We are about to start our 2nd round of chemo meds for our little one. The first concoction didn’t do much. She has a desmoid tumor on her nasal sinus area. Thankfully it is benign so no worries about it spreading, however it is locally aggressive and has really taken over that area and her orbital bone, so much where surgery didn't work to get it out. Her first chemo treatment was August 24. Tomorrow will be the start of her new chemo. Not a day goes by where I don't have some kind of worry about what all this crap being put into her little body is doing but at the same time we don't know what shade we can do. It's awful to feel helpless. This little one has been through so much since last May I would do anything to take it away for her. That's my random thought for the day. 20220113_190013.jpg

We are about to start our 2nd round of chemo meds for our little one. The first concoction didn’t do much. She has a desmoid tumor on her nasal sinus area. Thankfully it is benign so no worries about it spreading, however it is locally aggressive and has really taken over that area and her orbital bone, so much where surgery didn't work to get it out. Her first chemo treatment was August 24. Tomorrow will be the start of her new chemo. Not a day goes by where I don't have some kind of worry about what all this crap being put into her little body is doing but at the same time we don't know what shade we can do. It's awful to feel helpless. This little one has been through so much since last May I would do anything to take it away for her. That's my random thought for the day. View attachment 9054
Prayers to your family.❤️

Back