Random Thoughts

It will have more room than the Equinox for sure. If taken care (sounds like you know this) I bet the drivetrain will go twice as far.

We have a 2018 Accord Sport with 85,000 miles that has been flawless so far. On the way back from Chicago Sunday I decided I should replace the brake pads/rotors. I ordered the parts that night. Today I put it on stands and pulled the front tires, inspected the pads, put the tires back on and the new parts on a shelf my garage. There was at least 50% of pad left and a 1/3 inch between the rotor and the wear indicator on the pad.

Those pads are original...
that a standard or automatic?
I had a '99 (yeah 1999 :) ) accord standard I bough new, and at 98K the original pads were still good. I was big on downshifting (and tranny was still in great shape too)
only reason I traded it in was I got married and my wife didn't drive a standard. once we had our first kid it didn't work to have a car one of us couldn't drive
those standard accords were like stealthy sports cars. looked normal but had solid performance

which probably couldn't be shown on tv today...🙄
Yeah, you are most likely correct because some may find it offensive.

Which brings me to a first for me which was Facebook hiding a comment that a friend had made to one of my posts. According to Facebook, they were concerned that I may find the comment offensive. However, I was able to view and then unhide it because I didn't find it to be in the least bit offensive. Out of respect for the moderators, I won't post what the comment was because it was political in nature. But, I can't imagine that there would be too many people who would be triggered by what she wrote.

If Facebook wants to coddle me, they need to start hiding all the Tom Brady crap that keeps littering my feed. It's not that Brady offends me. It's more a case of . . . "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn".

I had a '99 (yeah 1999 :) ) accord standard I bough new, and at 98K the original pads were still good. I was big on downshifting (and tranny was still in great shape too)
only reason I traded it in was I got married and my wife didn't drive a standard. once we had our first kid it didn't work to have a car one of us couldn't drive
those standard accords were like stealthy sports cars. looked normal but had solid performance
manual transmissions are THE best anti theft device...😄 i hate that it's so hard to get them these days. and it's sad that performace cars aren't made in manual anymore. when the new supra came out ONLY in automatic, i 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄.

manual transmissions are THE best anti theft device...😄 i hate that it's so hard to get them these days. and it's sad that performace cars aren't made in manual anymore. when the new supra came out ONLY in automatic, i 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄.
It has a manual option this year. They listened.

The Miata is another solid manual choice that is fun to drive.

Absolutely. I miss having one.

It will have more room than the Equinox for sure. If taken care (sounds like you know this) I bet the drivetrain will go twice as far.

We have a 2018 Accord Sport with 85,000 miles that has been flawless so far. On the way back from Chicago Sunday I decided I should replace the brake pads/rotors. I ordered the parts that night. Today I put it on stands and pulled the front tires, inspected the pads, put the tires back on and the new parts on a shelf my garage. There was at least 50% of pad left and a 1/3 inch between the rotor and the wear indicator on the pad.

Those pads are original...
We've a 2014 CRV with 115k and still runs perfectly, nearly flawlessly. Wanting a newer car, but what's the hurry. Never seems like we're in an old car. So for now still putting away at least a full car payment every month,

And now for the rest of the story. Last week I dropped the honda off at the body chop to have a good size smooth round dent on the right corner of the rear bumper pulled ans shaped. Great job too for $150. Because I've started forgetting to bring keys in when I leave the car (sometimes w/engine running, most times not) Lori printed a little sign that simply says "Got Keys?" and taped it to driver's side window. When I picked the car up at the body shop, someone there had printed and taped to window right next to Lori's sign. Got Milk?

It is the 10-speed auto with the 2.0 turbo.

The Accords are a lot faster than people generally think. This is the wife's car and it is the fastest we own by a wide margin. I steal it sometimes.

Last edited:
100%. We have a Mini Cooper 6 speed manual. Everyone in house can drive it except my oldest, but I was able to get it cheap during covid BECAUSE it is a manual.

It is the 10-speed auto with the 2.0 turbo.

The Accords are a lot faster than people generally think. This is the wife's car and it is the fastest we own by a wide margin. I steal it sometimes.
My 09 accord was peppy and since it was low to the ground, fun to drive on roads with curves.

Called the Honda dealership where the 22 and 20 pilots are with 9k miles. There is about 4k price difference with no real difference in amenities. Going there in the morning but not allowed to drive them back to my town. They are an hour away. Today I went to the local Honda dealership and drove a 19 home. It got in the garage, not as good as my equinox though. It ride good and I forgot how nice a v6 is power wise. The four cylinder in my equinox sucks unless the air is turned off. Also called my local bank and got estimates on payments.

This is the 22

I would add a 2” hitch on it.

This is the 20.

100%. We have a Mini Cooper 6 speed manual. Everyone in house can drive it except my oldest, but I was able to get it cheap during covid BECAUSE it is a manual.
I have a friend who is 6'6" 240 lbs. And I couldn't believe the head room in that little thing.

I have a friend who is 6'6" 240 lbs. And I couldn't believe the head room in that little thing.

They are surprisingly roomy for FRONT seat occupants. I would not put an adult in the rear seats. My middle kid is 6'3"/235 and he drives the Cooper most. The drivers seat can go back far enough that I can't touch the pedals and I am over 6 feet tall.

Never forget. I watched the tock click on my computer.

Can't ever get my mind off of that morning and wifey's premonition as we woke up.

I see your manual transmission and raise you a car with lots of food scraps and garbage in it. The anti-theft device of the anal expulsive.

...and yes, anal expulsive is a thing. It's the opposite of anal retentive, it just sounds grosser.

FB_IMG_1663278281447.jpg

This is very true yet sadly so for it need not be.

These places we build fortresses around are what make us most incredibly human.

The great tragedy of humanity is most definitely not his nature which is quite heroic. The great tragedy is the denial and the shuttering of our essence, who we were as children before life with others happened and gave cause for the terrible fortresses.

If I had one wish it would most definitely be for each of us to get to know each other. I mean to the depths because we are beautiful and each incredibly unique. Everything would change from that beginning.

Everything!!!!!

If you have high blood pressure and you take medicine for it, check it often. Even if you think it is under control. I thought mine was but after laying on the couch for over an hour at rest, mine was 170/100. Going to the doctor in the morning.

If you have high blood pressure and you take medicine for it, check it often. Even if you think it is under control. I thought mine was but after laying on the couch for over an hour at rest, mine was 170/100. Going to the doctor in the morning.
let us know what happens

MASH was a truly great show. I wish it would be syndicated and played again.

View: https://twitter.com/alanalda/status/1571286284441899011

The tv station I worked previously at owned the rights to the show up until 2010 or near there and played it often as a filler show. Every episode was on a tape stored in cabinets. I can’t remember why they stopped airing it. I’m pretty sure in the year I was full time working overnights I’ve seen every episode of near it.

The tv station I worked previously at owned the rights to the show up until 2010 or near there and played it often as a filler show. Every episode was on a tape stored in cabinets. I can’t remember why they stopped airing it. I’m pretty sure in the year I was full time working overnights I’ve seen every episode of near it.
Both looking well.

Cheers, :toast:

Back