Random Thoughts

Sandy Ruby​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sandow "Sandy" Sacks Ruby (July 23, 1941 – November 22, 2008) was an American mathematician and entrepreneur who helped found the electronics retail company Tech HiFi.[1]

Biography[edit]​

He was born on July 23, 1941 in Orange, New Jersey, to Myron Ruby and Leonore Sacks. The earliest years of his life were spent on army bases as his father served as an officer in the United States Army during World War II but the rest of his childhood was mostly spent in Essex Fells and South Orange. After graduation from Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts he was accepted into Harvard where he studied mathematics, he later attended M.I.T.[1]

While at M.I.T. he and a fellow student by the name of John Strohbeen started selling stereos out of their dorm room, a business which would grow into Tech HiFi, one of the largest consumer electronics chains in the country. Ruby and Strohbeen opened their first store at the corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Vassar street in Cambridge. The business had expanded to more than eighty stores by the time they went out of business during the mid eighties.[2]

On a similar note, my best friend growing up is now an engineer at his dream job in robotics at MIT.

He's been building and selling insanely high quality hybrid and tube amps of his garage for years as a hobby.

Keith is speaking about more than music here.

Good morning.

Keith Richards: I don’t see any reason why it should stop if there’s those of ’em still out there that wanna see it and I wanna play it, let’s get it together. I mean I get antsy just sitting in one place for too long. I’ve had a few brushes with old death, he’s kind of a friend of mine, actually, and er, if you hang around me you’ll have a brush with it too.”
“I played with Muddy Waters six months before he died, and the cat was just as vital as he was in his youth. And he did it until the day he died. To me, that is the important thing. I’ll do this until I drop.”

“I really feel for new bands that are coming up because these days you need a quarter of a million dollars before you can start. And with that big money, the marketing men want to play it safe. And when you play it safe, the best you’re going to come up with is something that’s not bad. We’re here because it is Fuc*ing Great! Playing it safe is not what it’s all about. This music is about beautiful fuckups. And beautiful recoveries.”

Photo: Rolling Stone Magazine

FB_IMG_1668245864905.jpg

I've always known this but somehow forgot the words and feeling and they weren't spoken between me and my friend Narendra in India through our 3 hour video chat tonight. But just now I heard them and they were between us the whole time.

A clear vision of a passionate love ignites a burning desire within which nothing is impossible.

Keith is speaking about more than music here.

Good morning.

Keith Richards: I don’t see any reason why it should stop if there’s those of ’em still out there that wanna see it and I wanna play it, let’s get it together. I mean I get antsy just sitting in one place for too long. I’ve had a few brushes with old death, he’s kind of a friend of mine, actually, and er, if you hang around me you’ll have a brush with it too.”
“I played with Muddy Waters six months before he died, and the cat was just as vital as he was in his youth. And he did it until the day he died. To me, that is the important thing. I’ll do this until I drop.”

“I really feel for new bands that are coming up because these days you need a quarter of a million dollars before you can start. And with that big money, the marketing men want to play it safe. And when you play it safe, the best you’re going to come up with is something that’s not bad. We’re here because it is Fuc*ing Great! Playing it safe is not what it’s all about. This music is about beautiful fuckups. And beautiful recoveries.”

Photo: Rolling Stone Magazine

View attachment 13713
If you don't believe in miracles, how is that Keith still lives?

Cheers

If you don't believe in miracles, how is that Keith still lives?

Cheers

I don't believe in miracles as I'm sure you know. Maybe I should with my unnatural good health after a lifetime of doing every wrong which should destroy it.

The way I'm coming to understand it is perspective, attitude and focus is everything.

Keith has always exhibited all three all three in a brilliantly positive way.

Passion is what lights the fire, passion for what one loves. That fire propels man to the stars.

Speaking to my religious ex girlfriend supposing my unnatural health is God giving me a high five for who I am and then speaking to my most beautiful friend Chara she proposed it is mind over body. When the mind is passionate the body follows.

I lean very heavily to Charas thinking.

Either way, high five Keith, we'll have have drinks and smokes after the world ends. 😂 ♥ ♥ ♥

Just got home from shopping and noticed I bought a pound of fully cooked turkey bacon. WTF is that?

I mean what part of the pig does this come from? And fully cooked? Is this some genetically modified pig which tastes like turkey and cooks itself such as the pig thing in the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" sequel "Restraurant at the End of the Universe"? I mean that was some weird shit, a pig laying next to your table suggesting it's best cut and happily wishing you enjoy it.

Strange times we live in. 😂

View: https://youtu.be/5HLy27bK-wU

So many think of the word justice in a punitive way for wrongs that have been committed. There is far more to it than that.

Think whatever you'd like about this.

My long time love from years ago was raised by a Calvinist pastor and her California hippie mom in a small NH town of about 1000 people. They were awful in so many ways as they attempted to control their 3 beautiful daughters, this is not confined to the devoutly religious alone by any means.

Her mom one night pulled me aside, me, an atheist whom they absolutely loved and absolutely did not want their daughter with. Unequally yoked as the Bible says.

Well, at Thanksgiving dinner her mom, said, "There is something beautiful about you, you always give credit where credit is due. You don't just tear people down for evil doings, even more often you give flowers to the living. Flowers are often thought to be given out of respect for the dead, they are not, they are given out of love and respect for the living left behind."

I have never forgotten these words.

She's right and such a beautiful way to say it.

She didn't know she was saying this but this is what justice demands, recognition and condemnation of wrongdoing yes, but even more important is a full, honest and heartfelt appreciation when something is done well.

Flowers are for the living. Please remember that and tell anyone who deserves it well done or I love you or whatever is appropriate. It means everything.

I love you guys and you know who you are.

Well done.

Now keep going and bring it home.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

FB_IMG_1668803465364.jpg

Just got home from shopping and noticed I bought a pound of fully cooked turkey bacon. WTF is that?

I mean what part of the pig does this come from? And fully cooked? Is this some genetically modified pig which tastes like turkey and cooks itself such as the pig thing in the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" sequel "Restraurant at the End of the Universe"? I mean that was some weird shit, a pig laying next to your table suggesting it's best cut and happily wishing you enjoy it.

Strange times we live in. 😂

View: https://youtu.be/5HLy27bK-wU

insects

Ok. Before I watched this right now I want you to know I'm doing so because there is something great almost always in something you post to watch.

I just would like you to be aware that I'm taking this dive into a world coming from a place that just the word insect, mandible and more used to send me into a psychotic, curl up in a ball crying fit.

I don't know if Muse remembers this but I mentioned this on an old Colts message board we use to be on with No1Jag and she thought I was joking and posted a picture of a hideous spider and I couldn't even look at that site for 2 days. 😂

But dive I will. Where's my raid, wetsuit, scuba gear, meds and beer? 😂

Ok. Before I watched this right now I want you to know I'm doing so because there is something great almost always in something you post to watch.

I just would like you to be aware that I'm taking this dive into a world coming from a place that just the word insect, mandible and more used to send me into a psychotic, curl up in a ball crying fit.

I don't know if Muse remembers this but I mentioned this on an old Colts message board we use to be on with No1Jag and she thought I was joking and posted a picture of a hideous spider and I couldn't even look at that site for 2 days. 😂

Ok, scratch everything I just said other than what you post to watch is worth it.

When I first read the book and then watched this BBC series my first thought at that question was worms.

Perfect bro,

Yeah, I do.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have a few photos of spiders that I personally took photos of but will be nice. Though I did put one up on BSU this week.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

@johnlocke I placed one on FB years ago. I received a private note telling me to never ever do that again.If I did she'd unfriend me. She meant it.

😂😂😂

Yeah, I do.
🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have a few photos of spiders that I personally took photos of but will be nice. Though I did put one up on BSU this week.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thank you for warning me in advance. Since many threads on our sister site are day specific I will not be going back in time when I visit to irritate you guys before the Cs game tonight.

Now quit it woman. 😂 🔥

I have an interesting newer friend, very pretty, kinda cool and a Wiccan witch who has some fucked up affection for spiders. I mean she has a full back tat of her favorite Black Widow.

Yeah, I'm out.

Could you imagine what the hell would happen during sex? 😂

Thank you for warning me in advance. Since many threads on our sister site are day specific I will not be going back in time when I visit to irritate you guys before the Cs game tonight.

Now quit it woman. 😂 🔥

I have an interesting newer friend, very pretty, kinda cool and a Wiccan witch who has some fucked up affection for spiders. I mean she has a full back tat of her favorite Black Widow.

Yeah, I'm out.

Could you imagine what the hell would happen during sex? 😂
I rather not. 🤣🤣

Very sad. I'm watching England v Iran the World Cup and the Iranian fans and players refused to sing their national anthem in protest at their government back home and in support of the protestors. Many fans booed. some whistled and many wept.

There are things bigger than sport. If the Iranian people manage to consign that vile regime to the dustbin, it will be a triumph for the world. They're great people, the Persians.

Very sad. I'm watching England v Iran the World Cup and the Iranian fans and players refused to sing their national anthem in protest at their government back home and in support of the protestors. Many fans booed. some whistled and many wept.

There are things bigger than sport. If the Iranian people manage to consign that vile regime to the dustbin, it will be a triumph for the world. They're great people, the Persians.

I agree. Tremendous balls on those players to stand up for what's right under threat of imprisonment or even death.

Back