Random Thoughts

Got 90% of the tree lights on. Around 600 on it currently. Got up to 400 more to go on.

Attachments

• 32D5AF38-373E-4CDC-B693-B9FA6EB4D900.jpeg
    32D5AF38-373E-4CDC-B693-B9FA6EB4D900.jpeg
    512.2 KB · Views: 1
Berry Gordy was the the founder of Motown Records which changed a great many things. Never been a fan of that style of music and know little about him. Maybe I should learn. Berry was born on this day in 1929. These words he once spoke just hit me like a ton of bricks.

Anyone really understand them? I'm beginning to doubt that there is very many that do.

I never speak just for my own sake and I don't talk just to hear myself talk, ever. But so many words just seem to fall on deaf ears. Why is that?

"The world has to change to fit you. And if you stick to your principles, values, and morals long enough, it will."

berry-gordy-1.jpg

Anybody try the Trader Joes Dark Chocolate covered peppermint Jo-Jo's? Also has sprinkles.

A Jo-Jo is essentially an Oreo with extra stuffing. These are expensive but have a wow flavor.

Anybody try the Trader Joes Dark Chocolate covered peppermint Jo-Jo's? Also has sprinkles.

A Jo-Jo is essentially an Oreo with extra stuffing. These are expensive but have a wow flavor.
those are absolute crack...nomnomnom

Thanks to TFB, every child in America can explain the Ideal gas law. This random thought occurred to me when my neighbor's huge inflated Santa Claus lay flat on the ground when I went out at 6 AM today to push the snow off the driveway.

Thanks to TFB, every child in America can explain the Ideal gas law. This random thought occurred to me when my neighbor's huge inflated Santa Claus lay flat on the ground when I went out at 6 AM today to push the snow off the driveway.

Freaking awesome.

Tom is the gift that keeps on giving. :)

Some of you may know who Michael McCann is.

For those who don't he is a sports and law contributor to SI.

He is also a professor or Dean now of the law school at the University of New Hampshire.

Great guy. Have had dinner with he and his wife a couple of times.

He ran a class on DeflatGate at UNH for several years which taught many legal principles and this most foundational and basic physical law, The Ideal Gas Law.

Over dinner one night in Portsmouth I remembered some after school commercial or something with Linus and Charlie Brown I think.

It was on a cold day in the cartoon and Chuck wanted to ride his bike but the tires were flat.

He said in his typically negative and brilliant tone, "Drat".

Linus then explained to him in simple terms that cold makes the air in the tires decrease. All he had to do was grab the pump and add air.

Don't know if Michael ever used that example but that is something that came straight to mind about this DeflateGate bullshit.

I mean I knew it, and probably so did many others since we were kids.

But yeah, let's spend millions of dollars paying a "Scientific Valdidation" firm who is always bought and paid for to deliver results in favor of the buyer. The same firm which the tobacco industry paid to deliver results that second hand smoke has 0 effect on anyone.

My God, my 9th grade biology teacher at a private school here in NH ran a real world, in class experiment on that. She knew the answer but didnt tell us in advance.

She had us smokers fire up around our non smoking classmates. Checked their blood pressure before and after. Simple as that and it was obvious there was some effect.

But yeah, let's get this firm and pay for the results your looking for.

That's a great story Tim.

Just also know that that there are at least a few kids coming out of UNH with at least a good glimpse of the bullshit that can be pulled by an agenda backed "Scientific" study.

Freaking awesome.

Tom is the gift that keeps on giving. :)

Some of you may know who Michael McCann is.

For those who don't he is a sports and law contributor to SI.

He is also a professor or Dean now of the law school at the University of New Hampshire.

Great guy. Have had dinner with he and his wife a couple of times.

He ran a class on DeflatGate at UNH for several years which taught many legal principles and this most foundational and basic physical law, The Ideal Gas Law.

Over dinner one night in Portsmouth I remembered some after school commercial or something with Linus and Charlie Brown I think.

It was on a cold day in the cartoon and Chuck wanted to ride his bike but the tires were flat.

He said in his typically negative and brilliant tone, "Drat".

Linus then explained to him in simple terms that cold makes the air in the tires decrease. All he had to do was grab the pump and add air.

Don't know if Michael ever used that example but that is something that came straight to mind about this DeflateGate bullshit.

I mean I knew it, and probably so did many others since we were kids.

But yeah, let's spend millions of dollars paying a "Scientific Valdidation" firm who is always bought and paid for to deliver results in favor of the buyer. The same firm which the tobacco industry paid to deliver results that second hand smoke has 0 effect on anyone.

My God, my 9th grade biology teacher at a private school here in NH ran a real world, in class experiment on that. She knew the answer but didnt tell us in advance.

She had us smokers fire up around our non smoking classmates. Checked their blood pressure before and after. Simple as that and it was obvious there was some effect.

But yeah, let's get this firm and pay for the results your looking for.

That's a great story Tim.

Just also know that that there are at least a few kids coming out of UNH with at least a good glimpse of the bullshit that can be pulled by an agenda backed "Scientific" study.

My sister tried that bullshit on me, she's a Philly fan. I looked at her and said, "You know I'm a chemist, right?"

Last edited:
My sister tried that bullshit on me, she's a Philly fan. I looked at her and said, "You know I'm a chemist, right

Is your sister from Maine as well?

Only asking cuz my uncle is from Maine and raised my cousin outside of Boston and they're fucking Yankee diehard fans.

I'm just trying to understand this phenomena.

And that was a brilliant freaking answer Muse.

Is your sister from Maine as well?

Only asking cuz my uncle is from Maine and raised my cousin outside of Boston and they're fucking Yankee diehard fans.

I'm just trying to understand this phenomena.

And that was a brilliant freaking answer Muse.
Thank you!

I had a backup answer for her which is, "You were raised in Northern Maine with me where it goes anywhere from -40 to - 60 degrees multiple times and you know what it did to mom's tires."

We were all raised in Northern Maine where it gets so freaking cold. My cousin is a Yankee fan and that one is lost on one. I forgot why my sister is for I did ask once. When this sister tries again I raise six fingers. She hates that. Oh, well. 🤣🤣🤣

Wasn't the real question, why are the Colts footballs in range?

My overall question is what was the motivation by the NFL to spend millions and black eyes everywhere and to what end?

;)

"If a man abstains from wine to such an extent that he does serious harm to his nature, he will not be free from blame." --St. Thomas Aquinas

Back