Randy Moss making a comeback

Rats should sign him ASAP. He and the Sanchize sound like soulmates.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QWv61d6fzNE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

At least Randy wiped it on his own sleeve :coffee:

Or possibly because it's the truth?

There are a lot of truths about Carter too, but Moss was not twitting those. Sorry I have heard more shit come from Carter's mouth that was as stupid as anything Moss ever did.

There are a lot of truths about Carter too, but Moss was not twitting those. Sorry I have heard more shit come from Carter's mouth that was as stupid as anything Moss ever did.
I heard the mike and mike segment this all generated from and Carter was asked if he'd rather sign TO or Moss.

He was right to bring up the fact that Moss has a tendency to just quit when things don't go well. (Oakland for example)

If you're thinking about signing him, you have to take that into consideration. It's a valid argument. Carter being an idiot is besides the point (and for the record I can't stand him)

The point I brought up earlier is that Randy might want to check himself talking shit to Carter about not being in the HOF because Randy is very likely going to find himself in the exact same situation very soon. Carter has a stronger resume and body of work than Moss does.

Not to mention there is basically a waiting list right now of qualified wide receivers who will probably be put in line in front of Moss. Randy can get as pissed off as he wants, but he has the reputation of being a quitter and if he thinks that won't come up when he is HOF eligible he's been smoking some of Jaric's secret stash.

I heard the mike and mike segment this all generated from and Carter was asked if he'd rather sign TO or Moss.

He was right to bring up the fact that Moss has a tendency to just quit when things don't go well. (Oakland for example)

If you're thinking about signing him, you have to take that into consideration. It's a valid argument. Carter being an idiot is besides the point (and for the record I can't stand him)

The point I brought up earlier is that Randy might want to check himself talking shit to Carter about not being in the HOF because Randy is very likely going to find himself in the exact same situation very soon. Carter has a stronger resume and body of work than Moss does.

Not to mention there is basically a waiting list right now of qualified wide receivers who will probably be put in line in front of Moss. Randy can get as pissed off as he wants, but he has the reputation of being a quitter and if he thinks that won't come up when he is HOF eligible he's been smoking some of Jaric's secret stash.

Yeah because TO is such a model player and great in the locker room. As I said, I could show you quotes that came from Chris Carter that is as stupid as anything Moss has ever done. Oh and why does Carter have a stronger resume?

Yeah I am not trying to really defend him, but if I counted all the diva wideouts that acted like Moss, I could fill 3 books. Moss gets a bit more attention because of his skill level, but to be honest, there are quite a few that think along the same lines as him. So I cannot really single him out. His time here for the most part was pretty damn productive, but it ended, and thats it.

There ARE tons of diva wideouts, yes. How many of them play for BB?
How many of them are accused of quitting by their opponents and play for BB?
How many of them publicly grumble about their contracts and play for BB?

Moss and his ustream TV channel last night.

The best TV show in America isn’t being offered by your cable provider.
It’s taking place nightly on Randy Moss’ Ustream channel.
The 35-year-old wide receiver went back on the air Wednesday night to talk about a variety of topics, but the best nugget to come out during the session was when he shared a story about his favorite memory with Patriots owner Robert Kraft.
“If anybody know what Liar’s Poker is, that’s like a game that with a dollar bill. That’s my best moment with Mr. Kraft, sitting in the locker room and playing Liar’s Poker,” Moss said. “I know that sounds crazy, that’s the owner of the team, he owns the whole organization. ‘Well, Moss, what are y’all doing gambling in the locker room?’ Well, it was with the owner.
“It was fun. It was just for dollars, nothing crazy, no big-time gambling stakes. Just a dollar so he can teach us how to play Liar’s Poker and I enjoyed that … Straight cash homie.”

We also learned that Moss believes Bill Belichick is the greatest coach in the history of the NFL and credits him with saving his career after two sub-par seasons in Oakland.
“When I left Oakland, it was like, ‘OK, I know everything. I know everything there is to know about football. I know all coverages that they’re throwing at me,’” Moss said. “I went into New England – not cocky – but thinking I knew everything. Man, when I stepped in Belichick’s system he brought me back down to earth, just showed me that you’re not as smart as you think you are. So I had to go back in the lab and learn some more football.”
http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2012/02/randy_moss_talks_about_how_he.html

Pssst... Randy . . .

You know I'm one of your biggest fans, and I'm trying to help you out, but I got nothing for this. ^

:blink:

Pleeeease, help me to help you. I'm fine with you mocking the media (Joe Buck in particular), and I'm even OK with you mocking your critics, but what we really need is a lot more of this, "no longer needs to be a No. 1 receiver"

OK?

Feel free to utilize me to go over the script for your next TV show.

Together, we can!!!

I know...this guy is in serious need of a 24-hour PR man. Like, standing over his shoulder. Constantly.

There ARE tons of diva wideouts, yes. How many of them play for BB?
How many of them are accused of quitting by their opponents and play for BB?
How many of them publicly grumble about their contracts and play for BB?

How many of them set a td record in 2007? If we want a bunch of try hard guys that will take no money and not be a huge weapon to stretch the field and want the ball, then every year we are going to go through this. I am not saying Moss is the answer, but having an athlete that can make huge plays on the offense is sorely needed at wideout on this team, and if that means a guy who wants to be paid like a top wideout, then so be it.

I like Dwight Jones and Marvin McNutt in the draft. Both have awesome basic raw talent and skills, and BB/JMcD can coach 'em up.

I think there's a middle ground there.

Not sure....everyone agrees that Fitzgerald is a great receiver, we also agree that he is a team guy and great in the locker room.....he also makes a silly amount of money that he got on his last contract....would BB pay that? Or would he get something less, something not near as talented, because of value? Those guys want to be paid, even a great team guy like Fitzgerald when the contract came up, he was not exactly saying, hey I will play for whatever you can spare, I just love football.

Moss has an offer!

...from the IFL's Chicago Slaughter.

:toast:

Moss is just about Randy Moss...straight cash homie shuts it down when it is not all about him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...icials-say-moss-didnt-hurt-team-in-2010-stint
Titans officials say Moss didn't hurt team in 2010 stint

By Albert Breer NFL Network
NFL Network Reporter
Published: Feb. 16, 2012 at 07:21 p.m. Updated: Feb. 17, 2012 at 02:52 a.m.
Liked: 0 | Comments: 22
Email Print
Read Discuss

The last time we saw Randy Moss, he went out with a whimper, catching just six passes for 80 yards and failing to get in the end zone in the eight games he played with the Tennessee Titans back in 2010.

But behind the scenes, the man with a reputation as a malcontent and diva handled what was believed to be his NFL swan song with dignity, according to team sources. However, some of the issues that have trailed Moss throughout his career -- a less-than-dogged approach to practice and a tendency to disappear in double teams on game day -- did persist.

Yet, while some in the organization worried things would go the wrong way, they never really did, with Moss playing good soldier in the shadows, a stark contrast to some of the reported problems he had during his short second stint in Minnesota earlier in the year.

The bottom line as the receiver attempts to return to the NFL: If teams looking to investigate Moss more thoroughly call Tennessee, they might be surprised with some of the answers they receive.

"He was great," one team official said. "He was a great personality, he brought an energy to practice. He was constantly talking, but it was all in a competitive way, not a negative way.

"As a player, he's never been a great practice player, but there were no issues. The problem was in games, he'd lose interest, he'd dog it sometimes. ... He gets frustrated with double teams; when he gets bracketed, he'll shut it down, and that causes a problem for you. But as a guy, he was good here."

Said another team official: "He was not a 'hard' practice guy. He was what he's always been, but it was not a detriment."

And the second team official concurred with the first on how Moss conducted himself with teammates.

"He was great with all those guys," the second official continued. "They were in awe of him, and he took the time to get to know everyone. He was a good teammate. He counseled and mentored the guys, and he was a positive influence on them in that way."

So why the lack of on-field impact? According to team sources, there was some internal disagreement not only on bringing in Moss -- the Titans were the only team to put in a claim on him, and did so to try to plug the hole created by a Kenny Britt injury -- but also on how he would be deployed. Since-deceased offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger wanted to stick with younger players who knew the system better than the incoming Moss as primary options and use the receiver mainly as a decoy to affect defensive coverage. Moss didn't embrace the role -- the aforementioned "shutting it down" led to less snaps -- but he also didn't create a larger problem for the team.

"Randy took it in stride," the second team official said. "He didn't bitch. He practiced harder than we thought he would. And I don't think you necessarily can correlate the drop-off (in production) to him being done. He's not what he was, but he's better than he showed (in 2010)."

The first official added: "We had a young team two years ago, and he worked with the younger guys. He pushed them. They respected him immediately, maybe because of his street cred. They loved him."

Debate: Moss or Owens?
Which wide receiver has a better chance of returning to the NFL: Randy Moss or Terrell Owens? Our analysts break it down. More ...
What the Titans took away from it was this: Moss' biggest problem will be proving to interested teams that he'd be OK handling a secondary role in the offense and would keep going hard when he knows the ball isn't going his way. If he can do those things, the thought is he could probably fit in somewhere.

"He still has the skills part of it," the first team official said. "The athlete part is diminished, but the hands are there, the smoothness is there. And I'll tell you this: He is a smart football player."

That Titans official continued that he'd worry about some of Moss' bad on-field habits rubbing off on younger guys, but that a veteran team should be able to absorb him. And the second official added he continues to believe that Jeff Fisher, who's now with the St. Louis Rams, is an ideal fit for Moss, with how he caters to veterans and is a player's coach.

So, yes, the belief is that with the right team and right coach, signing Moss could work out for someone.

"I think if you bring him in, he has to be part of an established group," the first official said. "I don't want him on a young team. But if you're the Ravens, of course the Patriots, or the Giants? You just say, 'Hey, this is what we do. Follow it, or you're gone,' and I think you'll be fine. I don't think he's done."

Follow Albert Breer on Twitter @AlbertBreer

Heath Evans shares some of his thoughts on Randy Moss, as a teammate.

Randy Moss stirs up talk of return
Evans swears by Moss as a teammate. When asked why players are so drawn to him, a guy who occasionally shuts down on his team during games, Evans provided an interesting answer.

"Because he’s so smart. Everywhere around the league, you knew how talented he was," Evans said. "I think teammates were intrigued by how driven he was in the sense of studying, his workout habits," Evans said. "I didn’t expect him to be the hardest working wide receiver. I didn’t expect him to be in a team meeting room bringing up ideas to Brady about, ‘Hey, here’s how we beat this coverage. Here’s what I’m thinking.’"

"But there were so many other great things about him that kind of shocked you. That’s why teammates ultimately loved him."

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1404650&srvc=blog

Back