Randy Moss making a comeback

NSPatsFan

I'm disrespectful to dirt.
Reaction score
I'm Down From Canada and they think I'm slow Eh?
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/02/randy-moss-says-he-is-coming-back/1

If anybody is in the market for a 35-year-old receiver who was once the best in the game, this is your day.

Randy Moss has announced that he is planning a comeback according to Pro Football Talk.

"I just wanna go to a team and play some football," Moss said on a Ustream.tv.

Moss said he left the game because of family issues but said he has gotten the all-clear to comeback.

"Faith, family, and football, that's my M.O., bro," Moss said on the telecast. "Your boy be back for the upcoming season."

PFT - With Moss returning, Pats are the first team to watch

He’ll have to prove that he can still run, just like he did in 2007, when he showed Patriots coach Bill Belichick that he could still move incredibly quickly after two years of not doing much of that in Oakland. If, and given that he’s 35 it could be a big if, Randy can run, the Patriots could be the most obvious destination.

The Patriots, we’re told, still like him. As Peter King pointed out in August 2011, Moss made a surprise appearance at the home of owner Robert Kraft in the days after the passing of his wife, Myra.

If Moss can indeed still run, the Pats could have used him eight days ago. With someone who can stretch a defense deep, plenty of openings would have appeared for guys like Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez, and Rob Gronkowski.

Yeah, well, I wanted to win Powerball and that didn't work out either.

But wait.....he says he is in the best shape of his life and his off the field issues that bothered him are taken care of.....sign him now!!!:coffee:

Can he rush the... (wait, has that joke officially jumped the shark? Oh well, if it has, it still fits with the topic of the post.)

Can he rush the... (wait, has that joke officially jumped the shark? Oh well, if it has, it still fits with the topic of the post.)

Yeah from now on its...."can he rush the passer in situations that the defense needs a big stop and not when we are way up in the game and it means nothing"

IMO that description fits 07 better than it fits last season ( I HATE CALLING IT LAST SEASON..TOO SOON!!!!!! :( )

Yeah from now on its...."can he rush the passer in situations that the defense needs a big stop and not when we are way up in the game and it means nothing"

yes because all sacks are important.........

in fantasy football

:coffee:

As much I would probably enjoy seeing him return to the Patriots, he said he felt he wasn't welcome in the organisation, and was promptly traded because he ran his mouth. When he was here before it was a more vertical offence, now it's changed to an offence where the damage is done over the middle.

I struggle to see how he would fit, he is an outside threat but he's the kind of guy who will want to be the main target.

A guy who can do well outside the numbers and stretch the field is what we need, but there are guys who are free agents that are a bit younger and some of the WRs in this years draft are pretty damn good.

TL;DR - Would like to seem him back, burned his bridges though and wouldn't fit too well, plus there are guys younger than him who can do as good a job as him.

Any objections if he signs as our WR coach?

He can teach all the other guys, and at the same time, be the Plan Z emergency option.

Although I'm sure most of you know this, I'll post this (in case some newbie doesn't know), It's Randy Moss' Birthday today!!!

If you've forgotten the link, here is his facebook page where you can wish him a happy birthday. I'm hoping his present is a new contract with the Pats!!!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1817329016

:)

My problem is toward the end of 07 and then in 09 it felt to me like Tom was always trying to force the ball to Randy.

My main argument in favor of this statement is our last drive in Super Bowl XLII. 3 deep bombs (and 1 sack because that play was no doubt going to be a bomb as well) We needed 3 points not 7. Why not try to work the sidelines and get in long FG range? Tom has always been a much better QB IMHO when he spreads the ball around.

Anyway, I personally hope he doesn't come back even if it is at the vet minimum with no downside to cutting him. He had it all here and couldn't keep his ego in check.

My problem is toward the end of 07 and then in 09 it felt to me like Tom was always trying to force the ball to Randy.

My main argument in favor of this statement is our last drive in Super Bowl XLII. 3 deep bombs (and 1 sack because that play was no doubt going to be a bomb as well) We needed 3 points not 7. Why not try to work the sidelines and get in long FG range? Tom has always been a much better QB IMHO when he spreads the ball around.

Anyway, I personally hope he doesn't come back even if it is at the vet minimum with no downside to cutting him. He had it all here and couldn't keep his ego in check.

We did not have the TE options when Moss was here, so the ball was forced a bit more. It however was not forced when Moss, welker, stallworth and gaffney was here in 2007, it was in 2009 when a lot of those options were not here anymore. If you look at the catches by receivers in 2007, the ball was spread around.

That's been fixed....

Now he forces it to Gronk, Wes, or AHern.

:coffee:

When you are throwing to 3 different receivers, is that really forcing it? I think the pats as an offense and as playcallers go to where the best options are at, in this case, it was those 3. If we upgrade the two receiver positions, then it will expand that.

Back