Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to see the results.

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters

Jaric

Vae victis
Reaction score
Remember, no take is hot enough.

For the record, I like the colts draft but I know nothing so I'm operating purely off blind optimism.

This draft could be sneaky good.

The only picks I question are 7a. QB Danny Etling & 7b. CB Keion Crossen although we do need a camp arm for reps.

I'd have liked a LB at the top but it's apparent BB hated the LBs at the top of the draft class. Bentley is a 3 time captain at Purdue who is strong as an ox but slow footed. He's the old type of LB so idk. Sam is faster but is more raw at recognizing the play. Sam seems to have a higher ceiling. Neither is starter material.

Of course, all we can offer is an initial impression, because the jury will be out for two years and then the heat will be off. Few of us will be wandering the streets and muttering about it, although I might.

Theoretically, it could be the best draft of all-time in the same way that it's theoretically possible that a tipsy Elisha Cuthbert will knock on my door some night with a bottle of champagne, two glasses and a letter signed by my wife authorizing her to boink me legless.

I don't know anything, but I have the same vague feelings of confusion and abandonment that I have felt during some of the draft low points of recent years. a low background hum that signals bad shit on the way.

The Jordan Richards pick.

The continual refusal to address glaring needs over the ridiculous and stubborn belief that you take a guy who is a tiny upgrade over one of the incumbents at a grossly overstocked position even if you have another prospect rated just a tick less at a position that is emptier than the ballroom at a Hollywood Republicans rally.

That Belichick (and also his pop-eyed underling Nick Caserio) is fully capable of going without serious criticism after the disgraceful way he furiously wanked himself like a bored zoo baboon over the last 3 days is a tribute to what you can get away with when you win 12 games every year.

Anything. He can do anything he wants.

I can address the particulars as time goes on, but right now all I can do it express my extreme consternation at the shit show that was the Patriots 2018 NFL draft. I'm seriously considering just trading myself down for a future pick, because Bill's shining example tells us that the only way to go forward is to go backwards.

Early and often.

Last years draft gets a F. all of BB trades were failures except cooks. wise was only rookie that showed promise . im not including Rivers because he never played a snap . placed on IR .

Of course, all we can offer is an initial impression, because the jury will be out for two years and then the heat will be off. Few of us will be wandering the streets and muttering about it, although I might.

Theoretically, it could be the best draft of all-time in the same way that it's theoretically possible that a tipsy Elisha Cuthbert will knock on my door some night with a bottle of champagne, two glasses and a letter signed by my wife authorizing her to boink me legless.

I don't know anything, but I have the same vague feelings of confusion and abandonment that I have felt during some of the draft low points of recent years. a low background hum that signals bad shit on the way.

The continual refusal to address glaring needs over the ridiculous and stubborn belief that you take a guy who is a tiny upgrade over one of the incumbents at a grossly overstocked position even if you have another prospect rated just a tick less at a position that is emptier than the ballroom at a Hollywood Republicans rally.

That Belichick (and also his pop-eyed underling Nick Caserio) is fully capable of going without serious criticism after the disgraceful way he furiously wanked himself like a bored zoo baboon over the last 3 days is a tribute to what you can get away with when you win 12 games every year.

I can address the particulars as time goes on, but right now all I can do it express my extreme consternation at the shit show that was the Patriots 2018 NFL draft. I'm seriously considering just trading myself down for a future pick, because Bill's shining example tells us that the only way to go forward is to go backwards.

Early and often.
I love to watch Bill at work this time of year. The dictionary definition of fascinating. But I neither disagree nor second guess nor get all excited untill I know what they have become. I'm neither qualified nor so inclined.

Cheers

I like the first three picks. LB picks pretty much suck.

Our DTs still suck after this draft. Have to hope Shelton blossoms for us and Butler can improve and provide consistent interior pressure. The rest of our DTs are super mediocre or worse.

Really need Rivers to be healthy as LB didn't improve at all either.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I like the first three picks. LB picks pretty much suck.

Our DTs still suck after this draft. Have to hope Shelton blossoms for us and Butler can improve and provide consistent interior pressure. The rest of our DTs are super mediocre or worse.

Really need Rivers to be healthy as LB didn't improve at all either.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

What's next below super mediocre? Super-Dooper mediocre??? :toast:

Cheers, BostonTim

One think Mike Reiss picked up with the Gerogia boys.

8a. One scout familiar with the Patriots' program relayed something that resonated, and it’s an area I believe New England nailed in the 2018 draft: As much as the on-field evaluation is crucial, scouts and personnel officials have to dig deeper than ever to determine the mental makeup and character of players in the iPhone/social media era. Wynn and Michel are top-notch in that regard, almost like throwbacks. Those who spent time with them on their visit to town Friday relayed that they made as positive of a first impression as anyone in the past two decades.

8b. One follow-up on Michel: As much as the merits of selecting a running in the first round can be debated, I feel confident saying Michel wouldn’t have been around much longer if New England hadn't picked him. I spoke with one team that was ready to pounce if Michel made it a bit further down the board. The team also had no concerns with Michel’s knee. Note to fantasy football owners: Sony Michel could be this season's Alvin Kamara.

I liked it. The patriots in the last 18 years drafts are never going to look amazing like bad teams, because they are picking late. If the pats had the Browns picks and had 2 picks in the top 5, then it would look initially a bit better for name value. So with what I saw. I give it a solid B.

I was really pissed that they could not see the Titans or even the Steelers jumping them for Evens. They should have traded up a couple of spots.

I'm disappointed in the QB selection.

Having said that and calmly looking at it, BB and the scouting team should know 90% more than we know. So, I want to see how these players are on the field, before I give an opinion on the total draft.

And who said last years draft was an F, if Garcia and the DE preform well this year, then last years class would be certainly much better than an F.

SI rates your draft A+...highest score of all 32 teams.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/28/nfl-draft-2018-team-grades-picks-analysis.

Draft picks: Georgia OT Isaiah Wynn (No. 23), Georgia RB Sony Michel (No. 31), Florida CB Duke Dawson (No. 56), Purdue LB Ja'Whaun Bentley (No. 143), Arizona State LB Christian Sam (No. 178), Miami WR Braxton Berrios (No. 210), LSU QB Danny Etling (No. 219), Western Carolina DB Keion Crossen (No. 243), Florida State TE Ryan Izzo (No. 250). ​

Instead of using their considerable early-round draft capital to find the next Tom Brady (which, by the way, may never exist, and couldn’t be found in this imperfect class of rookie QBs), the Patriots decided to replenish the talent around the actual Tom Brady, who is coming off an MVP season, which many seemed to forget this offseason. Brady’s departure—whenever it comes—will force a drastic resetting of this franchise one way or another. Instead of investing valuable draft picks on guesses for how to minimize that discomfort, New England spend those picks on players who can help collect more Super Bowls right now.

With Isaiah Wynn, the situation at offensive tackle becomes less direr. And this selection was amplified by the Day 2 trade for gigantic 49ers right tackle Trent Brown, which could allow Wynn to slide to left guard, where his body type is better suited. That would give the Patriots an alternative to re-upping inconsistent pass protector Joe Thuney in 2020. Sony Michel, Wynn’s teammate at Georgia, offers dimension to the stable ground game that free-agent signee Jeremy Hill couldn’t be trusted to provide.

Cornerback Duke Dawson is a more traditional slot cover guy, ending the experiments of guys like Patrick Chung and Eric Rowe playing slightly out of position inside. Bill Belichick traded away the rest of New England’s second, third-and fourth-round picks—usually he gets overzealously lauded for this, but not here. The grade below has nothing to do with the trades and everything to do with a once-again Super Bowl ready franchise having the wisdom to build around its legendary MVP QB rather than taking guesses at how to one day replace him.

Grade: A+

I was really pissed that they could not see the Titans or even the Steelers jumping them for Evens. They should have traded up a couple of spots.

I'm disappointed in the QB selection.

Having said that and calmly looking at it, BB and the scouting team should know 90% more than we know. So, I want to see how these players are on the field, before I give an opinion on the total draft.

And who said last years draft was an F, if Garcia and the DE preform well this year, then last years class would be certainly much better than an F.

They might have not liked any of the QB's this guy was a 7th rounder, its a flier doubt they were saying, My god this guy is graded as a 2nd rounder and we got HIM!

The continual refusal to address glaring needs over the ridiculous and stubborn belief that you take a guy who is a tiny upgrade over one of the incumbents at a grossly overstocked position even if you have another prospect rated just a tick less at a position that is [/B]emptier than the ballroom at a Hollywood Republicans rally.[/B]

Early and often.

My sentiments exactly. In a well worded diatribe. With some serious comedic drops highlighted.

BTW, Elisha is an all time fav! Nice pick! Glad you didn’t trade down.

Elisha knocks on Bills door in same situation:

(Grunt...snort...throat clear)”Uhm .. yeah.. gonna trade you for ... ah... Melissa McArthy, Rebel Wilson, and ah... how about...Kirstie Allie. Try next door.”

I gave it a B.

I'm seriously bummed we didn't get QB Mike White. But otherwise I thought we did pretty well with the way the board fell (damn you Tenn for taking Evans right before us). Plus we got a 2nd and a 3rd next year. :D

This draft could be sneaky good.

The only picks I question are 7a. QB Danny Etling & 7b. CB Keion Crossen although we do need a camp arm for reps.

I'd have liked a LB at the top but it's apparent BB hated the LBs at the top of the draft class. Bentley is a 3 time captain at Purdue who is strong as an ox but slow footed. He's the old type of LB so idk. Sam is faster but is more raw at recognizing the play. Sam seems to have a higher ceiling. Neither is starter material.

I feel better about Bentley after watching this video. It's highlights I know, not average plays from him. But he does seem faster than the NFL.com write-up led me to believe.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k8HZJU-uniE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back