Rd 1, #29 - Cole Strange, IOL, Chattenooga

Could be true. I also believe Logan Mankins would have been taken shortly after. Still don't like burning 1st round picks on a guard or RB. Not good value. They went LG because of a self inflicted major need at the position. If Strange was gone there were many good players left at many positions who could have been picked. But they had to go LG, he was probably their last decent LG left in their value grouping

Could be true. I also believe Logan Mankins would have been taken shortly after. Still don't like burning 1st round picks on a guard or RB. Not good value. They went LG because of a self inflicted major need at the position. If Strange was gone there were many good players left at many positions who could have been picked. But they had to go LG, he was probably their last decent LG left in their value grouping

Yes, you've said that many many times. No need to keep repeating. FYI, Mason didn't play well the 2nd half of last year.

Perhaps you could have said he was the best player on their board that fit a real need.

I hear you. When things remain issues or pain points for the team, I'm going to call it out. Repeatedly until it's fixed. Because I want BB to win another ring.

Heads up the contracts are horrible for Agholor, Jonnu Smith, Godchaux, and Wynn. I'll be talking frequently about moving these players. No more accepting terrible run defense, or not using 2TE personnel when the roster is perfect for it.

I hear you. When things remain issues or pain points for the team, I'm going to call it out. Repeatedly until it's fixed. Because I want BB to win another ring.

Heads up the contracts are horrible for Agholor, Jonnu Smith, Godchaux, and Wynn. I'll be talking frequently about moving these players. No more accepting terrible run defense, or not using 2TE personnel when the roster is perfect for it.
Who are the 2TEs? Because you seem not to like Jonnu...

I’ll ask again.

Show us your disapproval of those contracts when they happened.

Otherwise, you’re just bitching with hindsight. Almost no one was complaining during the off-season last year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Who are the 2TEs? Because you seem not to like Jonnu...

2 TEs are Jonnu and Henry. Both making top4 TE money but the Pats only played 12 personnel less than 35% of the snaps. A total disconnect from the front offense to on field usage. Makes a ton of sense they don't plan to use a FB this year. Can't make moves because the cap penalty is enormous.

I’ll ask again.

You prove to me that you aren't just a shill. It's clear who the stooges are on the forum, you would cheer for literally any move by the organization.

14M for Jonnu, 10M for Wynn, 10M for Godchaux, 14M for Agholor are major albatrosses on the cap. It's why they had to let elite talent in Mason and Jackson go. Mediocre players with massive cap penalties.

You prove to me that you aren't just a shill. It's clear who the stooges are on the forum, you would cheer for literally any move by the organization.

14M for Jonnu, 10M for Wynn, 10M for Godchaux, 14M for Agholor are major albatrosses on the cap. It's why they had to let elite talent in Mason and Jackson go. Mediocre players with massive cap penalties.

You seem to believe in Jonnu though.

If there was a guy the Pats really wanted, they have the cap flexibility to go get him. With the cap due to rise so much the next couple of years, they could very quickly extend some folks and clear a solid $20-30MM.

Jonnu had that dropsies game and lost Mac's trust, then he got hurt. I strongly suspect that we'll see an improved Jonnu this year. I would say Agholor and Godcheaux as well, but I'm least sure about Godcheaux (as a 3-4 DE) and Agholor now has an uphill climb to be featured at all unless Teh New Guy flames out.

Jonnu was an elite YAC guy on the Titans completely misused last year. Pats have to use him right this year or it was an atrocious signing. And in general a bunch of expensive mediocre players wrecking the cap (Godchaux, etc) is Jets-style team management.

What a joke.

So you’re using hindsight.

I guarantee you loved those signings at the time. But now you want to whine and moan because the players either didn’t perform well enough or weren’t utilized properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What a joke.

So you’re using hindsight.

I guarantee you loved those signings at the time. But now you want to whine and moan because the players either didn’t perform well enough or weren’t utilized properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On Strange, y’all are right. That was just one 3 second drill. There was plenty of good footage from that day. No one wants to see a clip like that from your teams first round guard though. A guard in the first needs to be a lot better than a steady starter, and I’m not going to pretend to like this pick. Mason didn’t have a great year, but he’s shown he can play and he’s not old. Why not use last season to leverage him in to a deal favorable to NE? Then instead of a backup QB take a guard ion the fourth.
I can tell you this in terms of all those signings from last year I’m on the books as hating them all on offense except Nelson A. Even him the best I could say was that he’d be a good addition to an already deep WR corps. I think he see him have a better year as the guys around him are upgraded or continue to improve. But I also called a 7 win season last year so I’ve been wrong.
On a side note, I’m not trying to derail this thread, but last year Bourne had a knack for making almost impossible catches on very limited opportunities. I saw a graph last fall (I wish I could find it) but he was routinely catching balls that had like 90 percent failure rates. I’m not sure he’s going to continue that, but how he factors in this year will sure be interesting.

If there was a guy the Pats really wanted, they have the cap flexibility to go get him. With the cap due to rise so much the next couple of years, they could very quickly extend some folks and clear a solid $20-30MM.

Jonnu had that dropsies game and lost Mac's trust, then he got hurt. I strongly suspect that we'll see an improved Jonnu this year. I would say Agholor and Godcheaux as well, but I'm least sure about Godcheaux (as a 3-4 DE) and Agholor now has an uphill climb to be featured at all unless Teh New Guy flames out.

DKF is just playing it both ways. He has to be right so:

Jonnu sucks! BB is dumb!

Also

Jonnu is key to the offense!

Meanwhile everyone that doesn't agree with him is a "stooge", a "shill" and "low IQ" to name but a few.

He is going to be fun this season if he sticks around. We haven't had an egomaniac of his size in a while and at least his grammar is better than you know who.

Last edited:

Can we cut the personal digs please? It's getting tiresome.

You've shown to be fully capable of expressing your thoughts without insulting others. You should do more of that.

Back