Rd 1, #29 - Cole Strange, IOL, Chattenooga

Jim Nagy runs the Senior Bowl. He knows the players and he knows every GM.

View: https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/status/1519911525175205891

Facts.

PFF graded Kenyon Green's 2021 season at 79.8 and he was fine as a 1st round pick.
PFF mock draft: Kenyon Green injects youth into Cowboys offensive line

PFF graded Cole Strange's 2021 season at 86.3 and some have a problem with him as a 1st round pick.
Strange earned an 86.3 PFF grade in 2021 and tested well at the NFL Scouting Combine with a 5.03-second 40-yard dash (89th percentile), 10-foot broad jump (100th percentile), 28-inch vertical leap (52nd percentile), 7.44-second three-cone drill (90th percentile), 4.5-second short shuttle (92nd percentile) and 31 bench press reps of 225 pounds (87th percentile) at 6-foot-5 (70th percentile) and307 pounds (37th percentile) with 33-inch arms (43rd percentile) and 10 1/8-inch hands (73rd percentile).
An AFC executive — not employed by the Patriots, to be specific — said, “He’s a good player, he will be a starter,” he said. “Just picking good players is the key if you like them.”

And the Patriots clearly liked Strange. He was unsurprisingly the top player on their board when they were picking 29th overall, according to head coach Bill Belichick, who also said New England probably would have taken Strange even if they didn’t trade back from No. 21 overall. Belichick also said Strange “wouldn’t have lasted much longer.”

And he might just be correct about that. One source indicated the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, picking 33rd overall, and the New York Jets, selecting 38th overall, also were high on Strange.

2022 NFL Draft: Wide receiver trades, Cole Strange pick ... - PFF

Salary cap reasons? Which were self inflicted. Mason is young and an elite guard. But because we wasted massive cap on mediocre guys in Agholor, Jonnu, Godchaux, and Wynn, we had to let a borderline all-pro guard go for a 5th rounder back.

Then to fill the self created hole go burn a 1st on an overdraft for a guard? Are these the Patriots or the Jets.
Shaq Mason hasn't been an elite guard since 2019, and was a liability the back half of last season.

We can talk great players all we want. Mankins was excellent. Still not worth it imo. A difference in draft philosophy, I suppose. I don't like guards or RBs in the first round. I say all this even though I think this kid Strange will be good. I hate wasting a pick that early.
The list of things you've been wrong about across several sports is staggering.

Your Mankins take is just one of them, I don't think it even cracks the top 10. :coffee:

Traded Mason for a 5 to Bucs. Overreached big time for a guard with first round pick. Bill really, really needs to be stripped of his GM duties. This draft is monumental for filling as many holes as possible. BPA should be for every pick and right out of the gate, we look like clowns.
again with we....Speak for yourself. just move on, really its ok to!

Traded Mason for a 5 to Bucs. Overreached big time for a guard with first round pick. Bill really, really needs to be stripped of his GM duties. This draft is monumental for filling as many holes as possible. BPA should be for every pick and right out of the gate, we look like clowns.

Can we assclown this POS?
She’s not even a Patriots fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Correct. She absolutely is not and never has been

To be fair, there has never been a rule that you have to be a Patriots fan and I am more than fine with that.

Now, if memory serves, there is a rule against being a troll and that is the ban-able offense with this one.

again with we....Speak for yourself. just move on, really its ok to!
How do you feel about the pick? Sorry if you mentioned in previous pages. I have not read through the entire thread.

To be fair, there has never been a rule that you have to be a Patriots fan and I am more than fine with that.

Now, if memory serves, there is a rule against being a troll and that is the ban-able offense with this one.
My take has been a lot calmer than others on this thread who you would consider "fans" of the team. Perhaps you are just upset that what I have been saying for years now about Bill's GM abilities is coming to fruition before our very eyes.

My take has been a lot calmer than others on this thread who you would consider "fans" of the team. Perhaps you are just upset that what I have been saying for years now about Bill's GM abilities is coming to fruition before our very eyes.

That he picked a Week 1 starter who can hold that position for 5-10 years?

Hilarious.

Your problem is that you care far too much about what others think. You get upset by what the national media or local media say. Says a lot about your self-confidence if you worry that much about what others say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree! My position with her is now and always has been this: it's perfectly fine to not be a Patriot fan and still be here; however, its not OK to pretend to be a Patriot fan, be here and behave the way she does. It's disingenuous, dishonest and illustrates poor character. Just tell the fucking truth. She doesn't, never has and never will.

Back