Reasons for good cheer:

While I'm not a big stats person, I must say......

There have been 10 or 20 new threads on the board in the past few days, all focusing on the Colts offense and Peyton Manning. Where's the discussion on the Pats offense and how the Colts can defend it? This may come down to which DEFENSE can force the 3 and out. It may be a matter of which D can force the FG, instead of 6... or a turnover.

I think the national media and many fans are forgetting that the Pats have this Brady fellow with his man-purse and 2 SB MVP awards. There's not much talk of Corey Dillon, Deion Branch, David Givens, Dan Graham, etc..... The Pats offense won't be surprising us, but it may be surprising the media and the Colts fans and talking heads come Sunday.

Dillon concerns me a lot. He's a tough back to stop that will pose a great challenge to our D. My concern is that our Lbackrs will need to be aggressive in plugging the middle to stop him increasing the risk that the little pursy will drop bunny passes over the middle. Then when they back off to cover the middle CD will ram it up the middle. It will be imperative for our Dline to be on their game big time to counter this to allow the Lbackrs to move and operate effectively.

pookie said:

I think the national media and many fans are forgetting that the Pats have this Brady fellow with his man-purse and 2 SB MVP awards. There's not much talk of Corey Dillon, Deion Branch, David Givens, Dan Graham, etc...

Ain't this just the way we like it? If you watch the The Peyton Manning channel (formally known as NFL NEtwork) You'll never know who Tom Brady is.

Supkem said:
Ain't this just the way we like it? If you watch the The Peyton Manning channel (formally known as NFL NEtwork) You'll never know who Tom Brady is.

He's that football player guy who dates that Brigitte chick, right? That QB with the weak arm?

Hey John--

What's the condition of Rob Morris?

I know he had a concussion and then got banged up last week again.

I assume he will play, but it was not clear to me if he hurt his noggin again or not.

I thought I heard a report that Morris had hurt his knee, and it was unclear as to his status for Sunday. Didn't hear the nogging thing.

http://mirror.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=2664

Mathis, a second-year defensive end and one of the Colts’ top pass rushers, sustained a knee sprain in the Colts’ 49-24 victory over the Denver Broncos Sunday and is listed as “doubtful” on the team’s injury report.

This from Colts.com

EDIT:
Oops, wrong Robert M. My bad!

JohnAdams said:
Dillon concerns me a lot. He's a tough back to stop that will pose a great challenge to our D. My concern is that our Lbackrs will need to be aggressive in plugging the middle to stop him increasing the risk that the little pursy will drop bunny passes over the middle. Then when they back off to cover the middle CD will ram it up the middle. It will be imperative for our Dline to be on their game big time to counter this to allow the Lbackrs to move and operate effectively.

You forgot that when those LB's get soft in coverage for the pursey passes that's when Daniel Graham comes over the top and lays your LB's flat on their back sides. Pin Ball you want?? Pin Ball you'll get!

MVP said:
Thanks for biting.

You obviously believe what the media feeds you as far as the Colts defense. But since the K.C. game on Halloween, they are giving up only about 19 a game. I'd call that decent.

You run is over Patsy. 5 days until the end of the dynasty. How does it feel?

I did see the Tom Brady Gay and Lesbian Tolerance commercial and thought it was very well done. How brave of him to come out.

Were worried? Your nothing but some senseless troll. If anything..I am just jacked and pumped for this game. Scared? What do we look like? The Colts?!

JohnAdams said:
Stats, Schmats

I think I remember reading on multiple instances on this board quotes/statements by the Patsy nation that stats don't mean anything. In fact the only stat that matters is the numbers of wins and rings.....and now this. MAKE UP YOUR MIND MAN!!! Your losing credibility when ya flipflop like this. I guess it must be the air up there in the Northeast that causes this incessant flipflopping (that Kerry dude had the same problem). Hey, the Colts D squad is very young and improving on a regular and consistent basis. Don't know how you Patsies can tout how your team is evolving to become better, but discount the fact that others are evolving as well. I think the Colts D squad has been doing a pretty good job considering their youth an inexperience. I temper this with the fact that I've wanted to kick the TV on numerous occasions when they've missed tackles with that damn pinball tackling technique. Grabem and tie'em up with your arms!!!

Alright...So why then, would you Colt fans be so arrogant? Statistics are meaningless yet all I see is Colts claiming how great the offense is based on numbers but not yet a single ring in sight. And those stats Flagg posted are very much true...Everytime the circus team's offense comes to town the Colts have a field day.

Everytime a top ten defense comes to town your defense is still home. So let me get this straight...The only stats that matter are rings and wins..Yet the Colts, with a lesser record, already defeated by this "patsy" team have such a great chance? Do not claim other of flip flopping when you so the same yourself.

But I gotta hand you one thing John...At least your a hell of a lot better troll than the other Dolt fans.

at least brady has a set and it takes a set to dress that way, to not follow the trend and complain about to much contact their is to the receivers.

"oh mr official please don't let mean ol' rodney harrison hurt me."

its the same as a spoiled kid saying" it's my ball and i'm going home when he gets hurt

MVP said:
Thanks for biting.

You run is over Patsy. 5 days until the end of the dynasty. How does it feel?

The Patsys are a dynasty?

I'm guessing you didn't miss those little Pittsburgh and San Francisco runs in the 70s and 80s. That's a bit more dynastic than a couple of championships- if 2 is the measure you'd have to call Miami's back to backs a dynasty, surely a more difficult task than NE has achieved. I wouldn't brand Miami's two wins a "dynasty".

different rules, look at san fran from over spending. they are taking a beating, pats realize when the end is near and cut the falling players. as a fan you hate losing lawyer milloy but as a realistic on looker and seeing the way rodney hrrison took over it makes it easier. the pats are the modern day dynasty, not your typical one year wonder. the old teams could spend to win today if you over pay you mortgage the future, you risk years of 7 and 9 records - good enough to be in the hunt but never gatting a date to the dance. colts are a good team but need to even the spending to both sides of the ball.

the pats are the future of sports, a cap ruled world, that requires both the knowledge of not only what players to take, but also the knowledge of how to spread the money in a value for dollar approach.

mikiemo83 said:
different rules, look at san fran from over spending. they are taking a beating, pats realize when the end is near and cut the falling players. as a fan you hate losing lawyer milloy but as a realistic on looker and seeing the way rodney hrrison took over it makes it easier. the pats are the modern day dynasty, not your typical one year wonder. the old teams could spend to win today if you over pay you mortgage the future, you risk years of 7 and 9 records - good enough to be in the hunt but never gatting a date to the dance. colts are a good team but need to even the spending to both sides of the ball.

the pats are the future of sports, a cap ruled world, that requires both the knowledge of not only what players to take, but also the knowledge of how to spread the money in a value for dollar approach.

If things were that simple we'd call every 2 time Super Bowl winner a dynasty- but that's simply a fool's reality. There are multiple components in staying above the field, perhaps even the one contemplated in my original post. It's very generous of you to annoint the Pats the greatest organization in the history of the modern sports, but as history is wont to do these things will play themselves out on the field. Very soon, I might add.

We'll talk about your dynasty if you're still in the hunt come 10:00 p.m. January 23.

Back