Rebuilding The Patriots For 2021 And Beyond

Inspector_50

Reaction score
The more that he plays, the better that I like him. Wisdom shows. Also, he seems like a great tutor for the noobs (QB's).

I'd be OK with BB signing Fitzmagic and drafting a QB that BB wants...
Yep, I would be on board with that. Although that poor guy has to feel llike shit at this point, Starting and then getting swapped everytime they think they have a new QB.

SkiptoMyLou

Six Time Super Bowl Champions!
Reaction score
Ok, I am not going to really beat this to death, but I have seen Brady change things at the line and move out of plays and put players over into other positions with my own eyes and so has Lazar because he literally talks about it in your article. But does not really matter really, good luck finding a Brady again.

I think you're missing the point he's trying to make. It's not a knock on Brady. I'm sure he had say with the OC in the game planning, but ultimately it was up to the coaches to install a game plan and have Brady execute it. He had the option to check from pass to run and check to different plays, make adjustments at the line and whatnot, but that's not any different than any other veteran QB.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
I think you're missing the point he's trying to make. It's not a knock on Brady. I'm sure he had say with the OC in the game planning, but ultimately it was up to the coaches to install a game plan and have Brady execute it. He had the option to check from pass to run and check to different plays, make adjustments at the line and whatnot, but that's not any different than any other veteran QB.
Thats not what I am even talking about, the question was, is Brady capable of being able to do a lot of different things that are required to run the offense tha tthe pats required that would call for a ton of different aspects of the game and the team in which they were playing. Here is the line from Lazar's story that Chev posted.

"Brady was a quarterback chameleon, allowing the scheme to shift personnel groupings and its point of attack to amplify the best skill players surrounding the greatest quarterback of all-time. "

Chev is saying nah, it was the coaches, Brady just threw and handed off, yet throughout this story lazar spoke over and over again about how Brady was able to adapt to any situations and run any gameplan and other QB's do not or cannot do that. So either Lazar is full of shit or some people really have a hard on for not giving credit to what Brady did for team that went outside of throwing and handing off on how the offense was built, how it was ran, and how it could change on a dime and he could adjust. Lazar said it, Belichick said it.

SkiptoMyLou

Reaction score
Thats not what I am even talking about, the question was, is Brady capable of being able to do a lot of different things that are required to run the offense tha tthe pats required that would call for a ton of different aspects of the game and the team in which they were playing. Here is the line from Lazar's story that Chev posted.

"Brady was a quarterback chameleon, allowing the scheme to shift personnel groupings and its point of attack to amplify the best skill players surrounding the greatest quarterback of all-time. "

Chev is saying nah, it was the coaches, Brady just threw and handed off, yet throughout this story lazar spoke over and over again about how Brady was able to adapt to any situations and run any gameplan and other QB's do not or cannot do that. So either Lazar is full of shit or some people really have a hard on for not giving credit to what Brady did for team that went outside of throwing and handing off on how the offense was built, how it was ran, and how it could change on a dime and he could adjust. Lazar said it, Belichick said it.

That is what Brady did in simplified terms. As I said, that's not a knock on him. He's a player not a coach. And it has nothing to do with diminishing credit for what he's done. Just because he's the GOAT it doesn't mean that he's above the coaches.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
That is what Brady did in simplified terms. As I said, that's not a knock on him. He's a player not a coach. And it has nothing to do with diminishing credit for what he's done. Just because he's the GOAT it doesn't mean that he's above the coaches.
Wait...where did I say Brady was above coaches? Show me? Did you even read what I said? Brady was able to adapt to changes on the fly in games, he had teh ability to do that, this is why Lazar brought it up because its hard to find a QB that can do that the way he did. Once again, the line from his story..

""Brady was a quarterback chameleon, allowing the scheme to shift personnel groupings and its point of attack to amplify the best skill players surrounding the greatest quarterback of all-time. "

How did that turn into Brady did everything coaches did nothing and he is above them? I mean literally how did it turn into that? Read what he said about Cam in the same link, Cam could not do that, it had to be simplified down to one gameplan. Nobody said Brady came up with the gameplan, its being said that he is able to change on the fly even in the middle of a game to adapt to what needs to be done. As a QB that is rare to do, his ability to do that is why he was kept here for 19 years, and now that is gone, which is why Lazar brought it up.

This is not some Brady worship, I am going by what I see and what Belichick and in that story Lazar said, thats it. If its not true I do not know why either of them would lie about it. I did not say the coaches did nothing, in fact I am not comparing him to a coach at all, nor have I ever, its the most stupid thing I have seen when people do that.

SkiptoMyLou

Reaction score
Wait...where did I say Brady was above coaches? Show me? Did you even read what I said? Brady was able to adapt to changes on the fly in games, he had teh ability to do that, this is why Lazar brought it up because its hard to find a QB that can do that the way he did. Once again, the line from his story..

""Brady was a quarterback chameleon, allowing the scheme to shift personnel groupings and its point of attack to amplify the best skill players surrounding the greatest quarterback of all-time. "

How did that turn into Brady did everything coaches did nothing and he is above them? I mean literally how did it turn into that? Read what he said about Cam in the same link, Cam could not do that, it had to be simplified down to one gameplan. Nobody said Brady came up with the gameplan, its being said that he is able to change on the fly even in the middle of a game to adapt to what needs to be done. As a QB that is rare to do, his ability to do that is why he was kept here for 19 years, and now that is gone, which is why Lazar brought it up.

It was a simple comment. Relax.

Brady excelled in the system because he had extensive knowledge of the schemes and that gave the Pats the options to morph and switch and change from year to year and even week to week. But ultimately that system was installed by the COACHES for Brady and co. to execute. That is it. That is the point. Nothing more, nothing less.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
It was a simple comment. Relax.

Brady excelled in the system because he had extensive knowledge of the schemes and that gave the Pats the options to morph and switch and change from year to year and even week to week. But ultimately that system was installed by the COACHES for Brady and co. to execute. That is it. That is the point. Nothing more, nothing less.
A system that Brady help build. Not my words. belichicks words. I can show you where Belichick said that if you want. I am not sure why its so hard to say that maybe Brady might have had something to do with the last 19 years other than throw a ball or hand off, which was the quote from Chev. Cam can throw the ball and hand off too, how did that go. I imagine when the coaches settle on a QB for this team, they might want him to be a bit more then that. He must have taken the system with him, because he had 40 td passes this year for Tampa with an idiot for a head coach.

SkiptoMyLou

Reaction score
A system that Brady help build. Not my words. belichicks words. He must have taken the system with him, because he had 40 td passes this year for Tampa with an idiot for a head coach.

He didn't become the GOAT then suddenly forgot to play football when he left NE. I'm sure that extensive knowledge is being put to good use. That said you missed the point entirely... again.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
He didn't become the GOAT then suddenly forgot to play football when he left NE. I'm sure that extensive knowledge is being put to good use. That said you missed the point entirely... again.
No I didnt miss any point but you sure did. You kept talking about coaches and gameplans and I was talking about what Lazar said about his ability to change on the fly to any situation. So no I think I had the point pretty good. Did you read Lazar's story? If you guys are going to link something for me to read and I agree with some part of it and that happens to be the part you want to say is not true, Warn me ahead of time. As far as Tampa, there is more to being a great QB than just throwing the ball, becuase if that is all it took, Brady would not be in the league. He does not have some amazing arm, he is not a fast runner, but there are things that are very important to a team that he does do, and those are the things that I talked about and that Lazar was talking about. Basically he was not working well in Tampa when dumb dumb was calling these stupid gameplans, but he finally got his points across to him and then all of the sudden penalties went down, and the offense got better...that was Brady's input, not the amazing coaching skills of Arians. QB's usually had their most turnovers under arians. Its really ok to say Brady does things that are good and that its more than throwing the football like some puppet hanging off the coaches arm.

SkiptoMyLou

Reaction score
No I didnt miss any point but you sure did. You kept talking about coaches and gameplans and I was talking about what Lazar said about his ability to change on the fly to any situation. So no I think I had the point pretty good. Did you read Lazar's story? If you guys are going to link something for me to read and I agree with some part of it and that happens to be the part you want to say is not true, Warn me ahead of time.

Yes, I read the article. That is why I chimed in.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Yes, I read the article. That is why I chimed in.
So you disagree with what Lazar said then? As I said, I am done talking about it, because no matter what I am severely outnumbered and I could literally use a line from a story that someone agrees with and they will say its false if I post it.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
No, I agree with Lazar. You just have a "different" way to interpret what he wrote.
I didnt interpret anything. I posted what he said, do you know what a chameleon is? I interpreted that as a QB that can change on the fly when he has to. How in the freaking world would you interpret that? Brady is a lizard? Is that how you took it? I swear to God I could take your post, wait 3 weeks, post your exact words and you would disagree with it. lol. So tell me, how do you interpret Brady being called a chameleon. I have to hear this one.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Please dont tell me you had to go look up what a Chameleon is...Ok, I am walking away now. lol, wow. I interpreted what Brady being called a chameleon is. lol, I have now heard it all. I sat here for a second trying to see if you could come up with an actual different interpretation of what he meant and I could not come up with one, so I am waiting anxiously.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Well, I guess you had to eat, me too, my wife is sending me off. Think about an interpretation of what he meant with that line and let me know. People on this board should stop
calling Brady the goat, just start small with, slightly more important than Trent Dilfer to his team. From now on, I will refer to Brady as SMITTD

SkiptoMyLou

Reaction score
I didnt interpret anything. I posted what he said, do you know what a chameleon is? I interpreted that as a QB that can change on the fly when he has to. How in the freaking world would you interpret that? Brady is a lizard? Is that how you took it? I swear to God I could take your post, wait 3 weeks, post your exact words and you would disagree with it. lol. So tell me, how do you interpret Brady being called a chameleon. I have to hear this one.

You're basing your whole argument on one sentence in the article that suited your interests and worked with whatever you think Brady did for the Pats. I gave you my definition a few posts back. I didn't knock on Brady, but we apparently have different ways of digesting that article Lazar wrote. You somehow took it as a slight to Brady because he had to listen to coaches.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
You're basing your whole argument on one sentence in the article that suited your interests and worked with whatever you think Brady did for the Pats. I gave you my definition a few posts back. I didn't knock on Brady, but we apparently have different ways of digesting that article Lazar wrote. You somehow took it as a slight to Brady because he had to listen to coaches.
What?? Are you being serious? My comment was about that sentence early on....WTF are you talking about? Did you not read the comments? Yeah, I commented on that sentence. lol. I hope you are just pulling my chain here. lol

Here was the post that started this....

Here is the line that stuck out to me...

I think Brady wants a QB that can adapt to different gameplans and is not stuck in just one. Now that is not exactly easy to find, but it damn sure worked for 20 years. BB unlike other coaches
tries to adapt the gameplan to fit who they are playing, other coaches will just say, here is our system and this is what you are going to get.

LMAO..So for the last 10 posts, you have been arguing me on something I didnt say. Wow. So yeah I was talking about that sentence. If you can interpret it in another way let me now.