Record gun sales

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Curious to hear opinions on gun sales in 2020. There have been a lot of sales to demographic groups that you don't traditionally think of.

Capture.JPG

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Just took my LTC safety class with a school administration VP and 6 other women.

I’m buds with who I went with, and knew one of the women thru family.

Btw, ALL very outspoken Trump voters. Just for info sake.

OP
Undertaker #59*

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Just took my LTC safety class with a school administration VP and 6 other women.

I’m buds with who I went with, and knew one of the women thru family.

Btw, ALL very outspoken Trump voters. Just for info sake.

Interesting. Are you a new owner?

I've seen some demographic data (I don't have the source now), that suggests more and more liberal voters are becoming first time owners this year as well. But yes, definitely a lot more women too.

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Interesting. Are you a new owner?

I've seen some demographic data (I don't have the source now), that suggests more and more liberal voters are becoming first time owners this year as well. But yes, definitely a lot more women too.

Had air guns my whole life. Used rifles and shotguns with dad as a yoot. When I bought our house I intimated getting license and firearm but wife was in full soon to be mom mode and I sensed the thought made her uneasy with a baby in the house so I put it off. That baby turned into a brainwashed lib via our public school system and when the topic came up around 10 she was upset to the point of tears.

Now she’s 18. It’s my house. And watching what’s taken place nationwide and knowing at any given moment Anytown USA can turn into a powder keg I’m becoming prepared.

Went to my local and told them what I wanted, where I stood in the process until I could purchase, and if they had it in the back room on a shelf the day my approval comes in I’d be there for it and 10 boxes of ammo.

I’ll have to go through my police connections for my AR and tactical shotgun.

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Love to sit down and just try and grasp how a libs mind works when the gun issue has been front and center with Sleepy - Beto is running point and Beto is coming for your guns.

Why not just skip the process and make some sort of charitable donation with the proceeds?

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
I've owned guns since I was 13, mainly for hunting purposes but the last 10 years or so i've been getting more into weapons for protection, from people and critters. I'm seriously considering buying a 10mm when I get back from our trip back east, might get the wife an AR too and I need to load up on ammo or get back into reloading.

IU_Knightmare

Reaction score
Curious to hear opinions on gun sales in 2020. There have been a lot of sales to demographic groups that you don't traditionally think of.

View attachment 106920

It's kind of the perfect storm for gun sales (as well as real estate brokers/flippers driving up the price of rural/small town properties). We are in an election year (with one side absolutely promising to infringe on the 2nd) with arguably the most contentious and polarizing political climate in our history not accounting for the civil war era, during the largest pandemic in 100 years AND levels of social/civil unrest not seen in nearly 50 years...Hollywood would struggle to come up with a better pre-apocalyptic script. Add to that a general distrust of our fellow man and our government institutions it has given many a sobering reminder that first and foremost you have to be self reliant. Whether it's the government, first responders or even the supply chain for basic goods and services there is no guarantee it will be there when we need it. And like DS wrote below:

Had air guns my whole life. Used rifles and shotguns with dad as a yoot. When I bought our house I intimated getting license and firearm but wife was in full soon to be mom mode and I sensed the thought made her uneasy with a baby in the house so I put it off. That baby turned into a brainwashed lib via our public school system and when the topic came up around 10 she was upset to the point of tears.

Now she’s 18. It’s my house. And watching what’s taken place nationwide and knowing at any given moment Anytown USA can turn into a powder keg I’m becoming prepared.

Went to my local and told them what I wanted, where I stood in the process until I could purchase, and if they had it in the back room on a shelf the day my approval comes in I’d be there for it and 10 boxes of ammo.

I was in a similar boat as he. I grew up around guns, and so did my wife. That said when we started our family 34 years ago we made a decision not to keep them in the house. I kept them at the in laws house for awhile (if I hunted, it was with them) but by my late 20's life was too busy for hunting/sport shooting with 3 kids and both of us working full time in our careers. We didn't really have a need for them and I couldn't justify the risk in my wife's mind of keeping them in the house so I sold them. Now in our 50's and planning a move from small town to rural homestead in the not too distant future, gun ownership was back on the table. Then with the perfect storm above happened, it moved up my timetable on it with my wife leading the charge lol. Now we are two of 2020's new gun owners. We account for 8 of that total so far since the first of the year. We bought a few with home defense in mind, two for my own EDC and one for the wife, and a few for sport/hunting (and all for fun). A 12 gauge semiauto tactical shotgun, a Ruger 10/22 rifle, a .308 Bolt Action rifle, a .410 break action single shot shotgun, 2 9mm semiauto handguns, a 22 revolver and a .22 semiauto handgun (mainly for staying in practice cheaply until 9mm ammo supply/demand gets itself right). We have put several hundred rounds through the 22's, a few hundred through the shotguns and a few boxes each through the .308 and the 9mms. The wife and I have both applied for our lifetime carry licenses.

Still have several guns on the wish list (a pistol caliber carbine, a high caliber cowboy revolver and a lever action mares leg in the short term, with additions forthcoming I am sure) but I feel set for now.

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
It's kind of the perfect storm for gun sales (as well as real estate brokers/flippers driving up the price of rural/small town properties). We are in an election year (with one side absolutely promising to infringe on the 2nd) with arguably the most contentious and polarizing political climate in our history not accounting for the civil war era, during the largest pandemic in 100 years AND levels of social/civil unrest not seen in nearly 50 years...Hollywood would struggle to come up with a better pre-apocalyptic script. Add to that a general distrust of our fellow man and our government institutions it has given many a sobering reminder that first and foremost you have to be self reliant. Whether it's the government, first responders or even the supply chain for basic goods and services there is no guarantee it will be there when we need it. And like DS wrote below:

I was in a similar boat as he. I grew up around guns, and so did my wife. That said when we started our family 34 years ago we made a decision not to keep them in the house. I kept them at the in laws house for awhile (if I hunted, it was with them) but by my late 20's life was too busy for hunting/sport shooting with 3 kids and both of us working full time in our careers. We didn't really have a need for them and I couldn't justify the risk in my wife's mind of keeping them in the house so I sold them. Now in our 50's and planning a move from small town to rural homestead in the not too distant future, gun ownership was back on the table. Then with the perfect storm above happened, it moved up my timetable on it with my wife leading the charge lol. Now we are two of 2020's new gun owners. We account for 8 of that total so far since the first of the year. We bought a few with home defense in mind, two for my own EDC and one for the wife, and a few for sport/hunting (and all for fun). A 12 gauge semiauto tactical shotgun, a Ruger 10/22 rifle, a .308 Bolt Action rifle, a .410 break action single shot shotgun, 2 9mm semiauto handguns, a 22 revolver and a .22 semiauto handgun (mainly for staying in practice cheaply until 9mm ammo supply/demand gets itself right). We have put several hundred rounds through the 22's, a few hundred through the shotguns and a few boxes each through the .308 and the 9mms. The wife and I have both applied for our lifetime carry licenses.

Still have several guns on the wish list (a pistol caliber carbine, a high caliber cowboy revolver and a lever action mares leg in the short term, with additions forthcoming I am sure) but I feel set for now.

Fantastic!

That’s good work!

AkPatsFan

Reaction score

You know, here in America, we can buy those right off the shelf, get that 4473 approved and take it home all in the same day! lol

OP
Undertaker #59*

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I assume Dwight is in MA, but it's the same here in NH. Can go home same day with any of those.

Sent from my US Robotics Courier Dual Standard using Tapatalk

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
You know, here in America, we can buy those right off the shelf, get that 4473 approved and take it home all in the same day! lol

Not in the People’s Republic of Massachusetts.

Fixed Mag.

10 round limit.

No flash suppressor or bayonet mount.

Standard ARs are no-go. Second party purchase loopholes still exist Im told but I haven’t explored yet. Get my LTC. My 9. And then I’ll tackle AR and tactical shotgun. Likely through my nieces fiancé, a Statie.

I assume Dwight is in MA, but it's the same here in NH. Can go home same day with any of those.

Yup.

America’s Hometown.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score

In America, you shouldn't have to get the sheriffs permission to own a firearm, that is my point which I guess you missed.

OP
Undertaker #59*

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
No, I understood. And wasn't debating your point. It's crazy how different the laws can be from state to state.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Not in the People’s Republic of Massachusetts.

Fixed Mag.

10 round limit.

No flash suppressor or bayonet mount.

Standard ARs are no-go. Second party purchase loopholes still exist Im told but I haven’t explored yet. Get my LTC. My 9. And then I’ll tackle AR and tactical shotgun. Likely through my nieces fiancé, a Statie.

Yup.

America’s Hometown.

"I got a 9

A sign

A set and

NOW I GOT A NAME" :)

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
No, I understood. And wasn't debating your point. It's crazy how different the laws can be from state to state.

Yet another example of how Trumps hands are tied in state to state actions, yet everyone blames him for the state of their state.

You have to dig a bit to find who the culprits are in this era. Not just swallow the media lead on any given day.