Record gun sales

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
It’s their way.

Flynn.

Russia.

White Supremists. Despite the fact Biden ball washed a KKK Grandmaster.

Racist. Despite Biden co-authoring the crime bill.
What's aggravating about it all is that it's all on the record and there for everyone to see, if they want too. Yet, Orange Man is bad and racist. :coffee:

OP
Undertaker #59*

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
Just got in a whole new pile of aluminum paperweights!:dancingcucumber::dancingcucumber:

Just got one polymer Glock shaped paperweight, too. In electric blue!:dancingcucumber::dancingcucumber:

foobahl

Reaction score
I wish I could remember where I read this, but it was a story from a Venezualan refugee saying guns are not really the answer in a shit hit the fan country. Ammo becomes nonexistent quickly. Should you have to use a gun the noise will alert other people that there is something over there worth protecting. He thought that crossbows, or any bow for that matter was a better option to protect you and yours.

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
I wish I could remember where I read this, but it was a story from a Venezualan refugee saying guns are not really the answer in a shit hit the fan country. Ammo becomes nonexistent quickly. Should you have to use a gun the noise will alert other people that there is something over there worth protecting. He thought that crossbows, or any bow for that matter was a better option to protect you and yours.
There is some truth to that, but not 100%. Every situation is unique and different. Most people, even armed people, aren't going to be drawn to gunfire, either...and those that are will be Darwinized rather quickly.

Also, crossbows and bows are way overrated. Trust me. Unless you are already trained and skilled at using them, you're better off with a rock in your hand. I know...I have those as well, and I suck, and I would never, ever, bet my life on being able to use them effectively. The reason I have them is for recreation, and in a SHTF scenario, there may be time to learn how to effectively hunt with them.

Ammo, though....there are things that will be scarce and in high demand, and ammo is near the top of that list, along with medications, gold and silver, and luxury items like coffee (only source of caffeine), or salt (which will be abundant on the coast....almost impossible to produce inland).

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
I like the glock paperweights

I'm sort of so-so on them....but in MA, you can't buy Glocks, because reasons, I guess......but I am a big fan of the PF940CL...which is decidedly non-Glock....full size slide on a short grip. Very hard to find available, though. I have a handful...some finished, some not.

subroc

Interested Observer
Reaction score
I'm sort of so-so on them....but in MA, you can't buy Glocks, because reasons, I guess......but I am a big fan of the PF940CL...which is decidedly non-Glock....full size slide on a short grip. Very hard to find available, though. I have a handful...some finished, some not.
Me too on the "CL". I am surprised it isn't more popular. Best of both worlds as they say. It appears it isn't part of thier standard line up and just a limited production offering.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Likely because they don't have external safeties.

Neither do revolvers, but I digress.

If I had the power to summon B-Y he could give us a very technical explanation.

Yo BY. Grace us your heavenly presence oh dear lord of the guns. :)

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
Likely because they don't have external safeties.

That's not it. Out of all of my handguns, only one has an external safety...and that's just a Ruger .22. My carry gun doesn't have a safety, for example.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the law was passed many years ago, and have nothing to do with features or function, the lawmakers jsut knew that "the military uses Glocks, so it is a military weapon, and needs to be banned', combined with some kind of "plastic guns can get snuck through metal detectors and stuff, and so they need to be banned".

You know...the usual "gun science" they follow.

johnlocke

Reaction score
That's not it. Out of all of my handguns, only one has an external safety...and that's just a Ruger .22. My carry gun doesn't have a safety, for example.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the law was passed many years ago, and have nothing to do with features or function, the lawmakers jsut knew that "the military uses Glocks, so it is a military weapon, and needs to be banned', combined with some kind of "plastic guns can get snuck through metal detectors and stuff, and so they need to be banned".

Yeah, my ex-wife started her career as federal agent in the air force and she had a Glock.

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score

Well that makes sense, then. :rofl: