Ref Lockout is OVER

Reaction score
“@JasonLaCanfora: Deal with refs isn't imminent anymore... *It's done! Regular refs are working Browns/Ravens Thurs. Check @CBSSports for more”

“@PatMcAfeeShow: Replacement refs were like an offbrand condom..They looked the part, but when you needed them, they couldn't catch anything.. #WelcomeBackEd”

Yep, that's our punter.

Terms: the current refs got a sweet deal and future refs come out much better than the NFL wanted.

Key Terms of Agreement

nfl.gif
The NFL and the NFLRA reached an agreement at midnight Thursday. Here's a breakdown of the key terms, as provided in a league-issued statement:
• Eight-year term covering the 2012-19 seasons.
The current defined benefit pension plan will remain in place for current officials through the 2016 season (or until the official earns 20 years of service). The defined benefit plan will then be frozen.
Retirement benefits will be provided for new hires, and for all officials beginning in 2017, through a defined contribution arrangement, which will have two elements: an annual league contribution made on behalf of each game official that will begin with an average of more than $18,000 per official and increase to more than $23,000 per official in 2019, and a partial match on any additional contribution that an official makes to his 401(k) account.
• Apart from their benefit package, the game officials' compensation will increase from an average of $149,000 per year in 2011 to $173,000 in 2013, rising to $205,000 by 2019.
Beginning with the 2013 season, the NFL will have the option of hiring a number of officials on a full-time basis to work year-round, including on the field.
• The NFL will have the option to retain additional officials for training and development purposes, and may assign those additional officials to work NFL games. The number of additional officials will be determined by the NFL.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8429885/report-nfl-officials-reach-agreement-end-lockout

The NFL gains are in blue.

Officials blowing calls the way they usually do? :shrug:

I'm guessing that they'll be under the microscope more than in the past now.

What I'd really like to see is continuous two-way communication between the crew chief on the field and the officials up in the booth - not to overrule the field guys or to generate an increase in reviewed plays, but for the guys upstairs to act as spotters.

Anyway, it's not as if the NFL doesn't have the technology to smoothly integrate the booth perspective with the POV of the guys on the field.

looks like the Pats will go undefeated the rest of the way :stirpot:ROFL:poke:

Amazing how fast this got settled after the last weekend of bad calls.
Its a shame that teams had to have games taken away by piss poor calls
for this to happen

And a QB was maimed.

The * after my name will stay as a reminder of what GODell allowed to happen to Matt Shaub.
Posted via Mobile Device

Now all that has to happen is for the regular refs to come back and put this crazy train back on the rails.

Looks like they bent the NFL over and won the labor battle hands down. It's good to know that none of them will be working in a coal mine while Jerry Jones lights cigars with hundred dollar bills. The american system of collective bargaining has been once again proven to be a successful, albeit frustrating, way of spreading the wealth fairly to those unappreciated, valuable employees who help make a healthy industry functional.

It'll be interesting to see if the damage done to the Pats and Packers, maybe a few others, has any effect on the playoff picture, but before long the cluster fvck that was the refauxrees will be forgotten and the entire NFL will once again be like a giant lollipop house on a prime corner lot of Gumdrop Lane.

Yaaaaaayyyy!!!!

Now I can renege on my boycott.

now all that has to happen is for the regular refs to come back and put this crazy train back on the rails.

Looks like they bent the nfl over and won the labor battle hands down. It's good to know that none of them will be working in a coal mine while jerry jones lights cigars with hundred dollar bills. The american system of collective bargaining has been once again proven to be a successful, albeit frustrating, way of spreading the wealth fairly to those unappreciated, valuable employees who help make a healthy industry functional.

It'll be interesting to see if the damage done to the entire nfl has any effect on the playoff picture, but before long the cluster fvck that was the refauxrees will be forgotten and the entire nfl will once again be like a giant lollipop house on a prime corner lot of gumdrop lane.

Yaaaaaayyyy!!!!

Now i can renege on my boycott.

fyp

We may still get bad calls, but at least they'll be competently bad :D

Hawg73;1934463 Yaaaaaayyyy!!!! Now I can renege on my boycott.[/QUOTE said:
Just in time to plan my menu.
:D

If anyone has plans to be near Roger's office, dont forget the banana peels on the staircases. He's not off my shit list yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just in time to plan my menu.
:D

If anyone has plans to be near Roger's office, dont forget the banana peels on the staircases. He's not off my shit list yet.
Posted via Mobile Device
A banana in the tailpipe would work also...:thumb:

Edit: This just came to mind..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7e3TYKOVCM0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XKl9WKaYVRw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A banana in the tailpipe would work also...:thumb:

Edit: This just came to mind..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7e3TYKOVCM0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Can we get Axel to do it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back