Religion

Muse

Paleface
Reaction score
If you didn't follow the religion you do now (Catholic, Jewish,Muslin,Protestant, non believers etc)

what other would you follow and why?

BY1401

Unapologetically Moderate
Reaction score
I'd probably try to resurrect the Mithraic Mysteries.

cka203

GO COLTS!
Reaction score
I'd wanna be Jim Jones, round up all the commie liberals, and give em grape juice.

>)

taltos

Beagle Defense League
Reaction score
If I were not Catholic, I would probably join the Lutheran faith because of the general agreements between the two faiths. Anglican would be closer but I have too much Irish blood in me to ever join that faith.

Jaric

Vae victis
Reaction score
Two options.

Option one is a christianity based religion that views the bible as a metaphor rather than a literal translation.

The other is a mix of Shamanism and Buddhism.

But either way there would be a strong emphasis on aknowledging that we don't actually "know" what happens, only having faith that "something" happened.

Ray Crittenden

Sometimes
Reaction score
I would create the Church of Intellectual and Spiritual Honesty. Basically, its tenents are this:

1) God will not get mad at you for being honest about your doubts and fears regarding his existence. If God exisits, he knows that the world is a crazy place, and the religions we have now have not done a very good job of making the world a better place.

2) The Ten Commandments are the only rules to live by, as long as you are truly searching and trying to figure out this thing called life.

3) Science is not evil.

4) The Bible or any other religious work, is purely a guide. There are too many contradictions to say anything else. They were written by men, a long, long, long time ago. They may have been inspired by an act of God, but were still written by men, copied, copied again, lost, found, and then translated.