Reminder of Policy for Deleting Posts

bideau

Offering friendly advice
Reaction score
Reminder of Policy

I just want to post a friendly reminder to our members in regards to deleting posts.

Currently, a member can edit or delete their posts within a 24 hour period. Be aware that deleting your post causes all the posts made after it to be deleted as well. This is something we highly discourage.

If a member makes a post that they later regret, either edit the post rather than delete it or PM a moderator. We have the ability to delete specific posts without affecting the ones afterwards.

It's also an chance to remind everyone to think twice about your posts. Most of us have made posts in a heated moment. But make sure it's a post that you can own up to or, if needed, apologize for afterwards.

I've just been informed by a smarter mod that deleting the 1st post of a thread is the only one that will cause others to be deleted. :shrug:

I've just been informed by a smarter mod that deleting the 1st post of a thread is the only one that will cause others to be deleted. :shrug:

There is a way to set it up in the settings so all the posts after it don't get deleted, I run my own board and thats how I have mine setup.

Back