Richard Branson, Jeff Bezos the Private Space Race and Commercialization of the Stars

With JL on this. He does with his life what he wishes to do. I will not criticize.

Yes you are.

Awe. Thanks, Tim. đź’–

I'm more than a little saddened to see the level of antipathy towards the wealthy and what they are doing with the money they earned and I mean earned the right way.

Not only is Sir Richard living his best life and you can see it all over his face, the joy of existence, but they are also propelling humanity forward by huge leaps because these are their personal passions.

I cannot wait to see what this private space race produces.

And Rand once wrote an essay called the Age of Envy. She sure would have been disappointed to see that so many years later that ugly emotion is still alive and well in America where it has no business being.

“Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision. Their goals differed, but they all had this in common: that the step was first, the road new, the vision unborrowed, and the response they received — hatred. The great creators — the thinkers, the artists, the scientists, the inventors — stood alone against the men of their time. Every great new thought was opposed. Every great new invention was denounced. The first motor was considered foolish. The airplane was considered impossible. The power loom was considered vicious. Anesthesia was considered sinful. But the men of unborrowed vision went ahead. They fought, they suffered and they paid. But they won.”​

― Ayn Rand, The Fountainhead

In honor of Blue Origin launch this morning, with the oldest and youngest astronauts aboard ~

Crickets below, dippers above,
Night rising cool around the foxglove,
Floor of warm stone, ceiling of stars,
Jewel on the ring between Venus and Mars.
You’ll find my address between Venus and Mars.

Striding the plain, mountains surround,
Strove to find flight, broke the earthbound,
Made from this place, evolved and sublime,
Blessedly born and right for the time,
Mastering all but the passage of time.

Tick the count down until thunder and burn,
Children will fly, no thought of return,
While I remain, wave to their wave,
Watching them wing from the home of the brave,
I’ll keep the lights lit on the home of the brave.

~ Quent Cordair

"Between Venus and Mars," 2013
The My Kingdom collection, 2019

Very eloquent, JL. Nice poem and thoughts.

With all due respect to the technical achievement that both pulled off, which is impressive, I just watched Bezos and crew land and then
celebrate and I found the whole thing oddly cultish.

I don't mind Branson, who is a pretty entertaining billionaire, but Bezos doesn't need my praise because he's got
thousands of toadies taking care of all that. All hail the fearless leader, who made his rocket money off the backs
of Chinese factory workers breathing mercury vapors from dirty coal.

"New Shepherd". Blue Origins. Let's all go to Mars, kids, we're going to terraform it into an egalitarian garden paradise.
mars_poster_olympus_mons.png

With all due respect to the technical achievement that both pulled off, which is impressive, I just watched Bezos and crew land and then

I don't mind Branson, who is a pretty entertaining billionaire, but Bezos doesn't need my praise because he's got
thousands of toadies taking care of all that. All hail the fearless leader, who made his rocket money off the backs

"New Shepherd". Blue Origins. Let's all go to Mars, kids, we're going to terraform it into an egalitarian garden paradise.
View attachment 5282

Yes, Jeff's vision is not mine. I'm just in love with the completion and potential this new space race can deliver.

View attachment 5282

I was just thinking on the cultish people around Jeff. Sir Richard certainly has his devotees but Jeff's seem different.

My local friend and bombshell Shannon :) is high up in Amazon's IT department. The world she works in is the other side of the Matrix, holy shit!

But she's an odd cat. Hyper educated new-age hippie crystal lover type that thinks the keys to the universe will be delivered upon all of us in the "Great Awakening". However, she understands and agrees with everything I write and speak about on Capitalism, morality, and much more. Interesting.

Yesterday she wrote up a long piece worshiping her boss and some is quite valid, the guy certainly is a man of self-made value. Started in his garage. She does exemplify the cultish devotion. It's just odd.

I was just thinking on the cultish people around Jeff. Sir Richard certainly has his devotees but Jeff's seem different.

My local friend and bombshell Shannon :) is high up in Amazon's IT department. The world she works in is the other side of the Matrix, holy shit!

But she's an odd cat. Hyper educated new-age hippie crystal lover type that thinks the keys to the universe will be delivered upon all of us in the "Great Awakening". However, she understands and agrees with everything I write and speak about on Capitalism, morality, and much more. Interesting.

Yesterday she wrote up a long piece worshiping her boss and some is quite valid, the guy certainly is a man of self-made value. Started in his garage. She does exemplify the cultish devotion. It's just odd.

The "great awakening"......hooo, boy, I'll bet she's fun at parties. Just when you think you've seen the last of the hippies you find out they're still at it.

I have a cousin who made it big in Tech. He was the CEO of one of the early search engines and took stock options in lieu of more salary for years. That company was
bought out just prior to the big crash and they wanted their own guy in charge and cousin got the golden parachute. So, this guy, who grew up in a triple decker in Dorchester and
went to Northeastern on the Co-op program, and his wife were told when the options would be valued and transferred to their account and they got take-out
and a bottle of wine. They didn't know how much it would be other than substantial and when the number came in it was light-years more than they could have dreamed. it
was fuck-all-of-you money. Mind-blowing wealth.

Anyhow, so everywhere he goes he has toadies who constantly suck up to him, laugh at his jokes and so forth. I had a nephew that interned for his new company and when the
cousin went over to talk to him everybody was aghast that this punk kid got the attentions of the IT genius. Of course, nephew was despised by people that had been sucking
up desperately for years. Fucking nepotism!!!

When I see my cousin I do not suck up to him, nor do any of us. We ask him for nothing and give him the same shit we always did, which can be brutal in the tradition of our
family. He's not used to that anymore, but I think it reminds him of a simpler time and he likes hanging with us. No fake laughing.

All I could think about watching that Bezos landing is how artificial it seemed. Every move and word weighed carefully to try and open up the golden spigot and be thus
transformed. I don't know if I could handle all that, but I wouldn't mind the opportunity to give it a shot.

d73c93fb3017ee21380ef246bf851141.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back