RIP Dan Pires 1956-2008

Truly very sad day for the planet.

Rest in peace, Dan.

Oh my gosh how terrible. His poor family. RIP Dan you will be missed :(

oh...wow, that kinda came as a shock. I have not even heard about this and I was just listening to WEEI.

I just got off the phone with one of Dan's collegues at the Standard-Times who contacted me about his passing due to our messageboard relationship here

Dan must have been suddenly striken ill as he was found this morning at about 6:30 on a school track he frequented and could not be revived

this collegue recounted to me that he had hired Dan at the Times in the mid-90's and had traveled w/ him to 2 Superbowls together in covering the Patriots -- he is currently at the task of writing a more complete obit than what had been posted so far but he encouraged us all to visit this link:

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080625/NEWS/80625006/-1/NEWS06

to sign the on-line Guest Book that may be found there

I can't believe Dan's gone -- that's all I can manage to say for right now

That's such a shock. 52 is too young. He will be missed by many.

:(

That's such a shock. 52 is too young. He will be missed by many.

:(

It really is and I want this taking of such young men around this age to stop. I am just sick for his family, you just don't expect this to happen!

Wow this is so awful...he was absolutely one of the best posters here and a stand up guy to boot...RIP man....

completely shocked right now.

I guess his last post on here was on the 21st. Kind of sad to read his stuff now.

I am ****ing devasted.............. I can't post now......maybe later

Perhaps a sticky would be in order?

It just doesn't seem right seeing the silly threads bumped on top of this one. Just a suggestion.

Did anyone here, know Dan personally and not just through the Planet?

Wow. I didn't really get to know Dan very well, but from what I saw of him he seemed like a nice guy. Very sad news. I'll pray for him and his family.

Back