RIP Gordon Lightfoot

Most of you know I spend a few weeks every summer up in the UP. The shipwreck museum is pretty awesome. Growing up hearing this song, I never really thought about the whole experience. The museum does a good job paying tribute to the crew.

Most of you know I spend a few weeks every summer up in the UP. The shipwreck museum is pretty awesome. Growing up hearing this song, I never really thought about the whole experience. The museum does a good job paying tribute to the crew.

It really does.

It is a shame more Americans don't take the chance to experience the UP and Superior. Such an amazing place. So much to see if you want to and nothing to see if you want that. Darkest night skies/brightest stars I have ever seen. 55 degree "summer" water in August. Sure, go swimming. LOL

Last edited:
So, a brief tale about Gordon Lightfoot.

A few years back one of my Brothers (not Jerry) got married and a couple of his buddies decided on a bachelor party. We headed for
Cape Cod for a day of golfing and general drinking and we ended up going to a strip joint called Zachary's. The place was actually pretty cool in
a low-rent sort of way. More like a sports bar than the "gentleman's clubs" that are typical in that business, but we played some pool and, sure,
watched some of the dancers who were mostly laid-back/girl-next-door types. I think that is fair to say.

One thing about the place that I appreciated was that they didn't have a "DJ" playing the usual crap and the girls played their own setlists. One
girl known as "Tiger", who was amazingly beautiful and relatively classy, danced to Gordon Lightfoot's "Sundown" and ever since then I
couldn't help but think of her and that place whenever I happen to hear that classic song. It was sort of unexpected, I suppose, and stuck in
my head. Whatever.

So, earlier today, I took a drive to the Cape with my Wife and we just so happened to drive the road where Zachary's was located. I noticed that the sign
was gone and there was a "for lease" sign on the building. I didn't know it was gone. Of course, I thought of that day and a minute later my Wife looks up from her phone
and asks me "did you hear that Gordon Lightfoot died?"

I couldn't believe my ears.

True story.

RIP, Gordon.

So, earlier today, I took a drive to the Cape with my Wife and we just so happened to drive the road where Zachary's was located. I noticed that the sign
was gone and there was a "for lease" sign on the building. I didn't know it was gone. Of course, I thought of that day and a minute later my Wife looks up from her phone
and asks me "did you hear that Gordon Lightfoot died?"
I assume you responded with, "Gee, I hope Tiger's ok." :coffee:

I've just recently discovered Gordon, spent an entire day listening to it all.

Lyrics are incredible.

This one had me in tears it was so perfect. Me and best friend Jo. Through it all...Jesus.

RIP Gordon.

View attachment 16431
If you notice that was the song that I posted when I started this thread. So you and I my friend are on the same page. Incredible song.

If you notice that was the song that I posted when I started this thread. So you and I my friend are on the same page. Incredible song.

Yep, I did notice.

Back