RIP Sam Cunningham

TipRoast

The years teach much which the days never know.
Reaction score
My first ever fav Patriot player. RIP Bam

I wasn't a big fan in those days. My friends were so I watched games. I do remember the Sam Cunningham/Mack Herron season. Fun to watch.

RIP Sam Cunningham

He was mostly all done by the time I ever got to see him play but my older brother loved him and would make reference to him, constantly while we were growing up. Big bro is going to be sad when he hears this news.

RIP, Sam Bam

What a shocker, I still think of Sam Bam as being invincible.
Wasn't Randell Cunningham his brother?

RIP Sam.
He was an important part of my Pats fandom when I first moved up here.
I think he's still the all time leading rusher for the Pats.
Great player with an important legacy.

RIP you will be missed.

~Dee~

Sam Cunningham-one of my absolute favorite Patriots, of all time. Jim Nance, Corey Dillon, Curtis Martin-none were better than Sam Cunningham. Those who never saw the strength and greatness of this All-Time Patriot-you have to find films of his TD's. You must. But it won't be like being there (at a game, or watching tv) when he played. He was a tough mofo. Sam will make heaven a better place-God bless him forever. And, I'd like to thank the New England Patriots for drafting Sam Bam Cunningham, back in 1973.

Sam Bam Cunningham!

One of the few legit stars the Patriots had back in the early to mid 80's. I remember he kept trying to come back after some kind of injury, but never reawlly succeeded.

RIP brother.

OMG...SamBam was my first favorite player as a kid.

Back