RIP Teddie Green of the Bruins

Damn, another piece of my childhood passing away. He was a product of a bygone era when the big bad Bruins menaced the NHL.

Yes, there were many great teams made up of many great players like Bobby Orr, Brad Parks, Johnny MacKenzie, Phil Esposito, Terry O'Reilly, Derek Sanderson, Teddie Green, Cam Neely, Johnny Busyk, Gerry Cheevers, Mike Milbuury, and so many more. I loved to watch Johnny McKenzie because whenever there was an asshole from another team, Bruins would sick Johnny on them and his fights were AWESOME !!! Good ole days.....

Yes, there were many great teams made up of many great players like Bobby Orr, Brad Parks, Johnny MacKenzie, Phil Esposito, Terry O'Reilly, Derek Sanderson, Teddie Green, Cam Neely, Johnny Busyk, Gerry Cheevers, Mike Milbuury, and so many more. I loved to watch Johnny McKenzie because whenever there was an asshole from another team, Bruins would sick Johnny on them and his fights were AWESOME !!! Good ole days.....

Any list like this that doesn't include Wayne Cashman goes straight in the trash bucket. Jus' sayin'

Great players all of them (although you left out Bourque). But Parks, Taz and Millbury came along at the end of the Big Bad era and Neely didn't arrive until that era had passed (Bourque as well). For me, the Big Bad B's were 69-75. Once Orr, Espo and the other vets started retiring or were traded, that chapter was closed.

Rick Middleton?

Nifty came along after the Orr/Espo teams and started to move towards his peak with the 77, 78 teams that couldn't get past Montreal and was at his best during the early years of the Bourque era.

Back