RIP to the Iron Sheik

3 Point Stan

POW! Right in the kissah.
Reaction score
Arguably one of the greatest heels of all-time. When I was younger, I hated him more than he Yankees, Canadiens, Jets and Lakers combined.

Arguably one of the greatest heels of all-time. When I was younger, I hated him more than he Yankees, Canadiens, Jets and Lakers combined.

oh man this was back when wrestling was actually real :)

I just watch his documentary a few weeks ago. A legend.

That guy was awesome. I saw him in the ring more than once.
In the olden days there was a frequent Saturday afternoon wrestling card at the old Boston Garden.
It was always jammed. We could jump the train from Billerica to North Station and we went often.
This was before we were even of age, once we got old enough to drink things got even more fun, could tell a few wild hilarious anecdotes of those times.

I just watch his documentary a few weeks ago. A legend.

I've probably seen 8 or 9 wrassling docus, because they are usually riveting-- at least the ones relating to the WWF/WWE from back
during the golden era, but the one you mentioned is one of the very best. The Sheik was absolutely hilarious and an interesting dude. His
tweets were brilliant.

The Jake the Snake Roberts one was really good as well, although very dark.

I'll also plug "Heels" which is a series that came out on the Starz network in 2021 and I thought it was very underrated and entertaining. It's about
a small-time family-owned wrassling circuit down South and, in particular, two Brothers who are star wrestlers and have sort of a love/hate relationship.

It's gritty, funny as hell, has great action scenes, some steamy sex and no small amount of drama. The cast is superb. I totally recommend watching it if you get a
chance and can stream it, although it is kind of a slow burn series that gets better and better over the duration. Season 2 is supposed to come out at some point
but no date has been set far as I know. I will definitely look forward to that.

RIP, Hossein.

I've probably seen 8 or 9 wrassling docus, because they are usually riveting-- at least the ones relating to the WWF/WWE from back
during the golden era, but the one you mentioned is one of the very best. The Sheik was absolutely hilarious and an interesting dude. His
tweets were brilliant.

The Jake the Snake Roberts one was really good as well, although very dark.

I'll also plug "Heels" which is a series that came out on the Starz network in 2021 and I thought it was very underrated and entertaining. It's about
a small-time family-owned wrassling circuit down South and, in particular, two Brothers who are star wrestlers and have sort of a love/hate relationship.

It's gritty, funny as hell, has great action scenes, some steamy sex and no small amount of drama. The cast is superb. I totally recommend watching it if you get a
chance and can stream it, although it is kind of a slow burn series that gets better and better over the duration. Season 2 is supposed to come out at some point
but no date has been set far as I know. I will definitely look forward to that.

RIP, Hossein.
He was hilarious. Ive seen so many documentaries on this topic. I appreciate more the ones before 2000 and especially pre 1990.The one I saw on Jake was awesome.

Seen Heel. Loved it!

So many are dark/ sad.

I saw most of the/a Iron Sheik documentary. it was really good and would watch again if I come across it.
I recall that there was a royal rumble or something like that (haven't really watched rasstlin' since I was a kid on UHF channels) where Shiek was scripted to be the winner, because he couldn't physically handle being tossed over the top rope, he was in such bad shape. (it was a big melee where you tossed people over top rope to eliminate them). as they showed it, it was painfully obvious Shiek could hardly move. these guys went thru a lot.

Back