Rising:Rebuilding ground zero

tehrick67

Reaction score
The last I had heard, things were going slowly, but after wathing this, it's coming along fast. The 9/11 memorial and museum look like they are going to be amazing.

IMO this show is much watch tv, I watched 3 episodes, and couldn't change the channel.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/the-rising/

I watched it too...amazing engineering for these new structures. The amount of concrete at their centers is staggering.

My son can see the WTC area from the roof of his Brooklyn apartment. He says that he can now see the new buildings going up just within the past couple of weeks.

We'll be in NYC Labor Day weekend. But I don't think we'll have time to go by the site. The following weekend will be crazy there.

I love the marvel of the construction of these types buildings...I was like a little kid at times when I used to work with steel going up.

I was lucky in that I got to do everything from initial layout - to driving piles - operating equipment - to tying rebar in the walls - to actually setting steel....I mean every task on the site I took part in and will say I do not like to climb steel....4 stories up on a 10" beam that feels like it is bouncing is enough for me.

part of me would love to get back into this stuff and construct but Unions do not allow it anymore...it must be an honor to work on that site.

Bumping this thread, the memorial looks amazing..

Back