Rodgers to the Jets

The Packers want 2 1st rnd picks. The trade is holding things up for now.

His decision was made last Friday.

View: https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1636056269806026753

I saw somewhere that specifically said GB is not looking for multiple 1s.

That aside, in the longer term would you rather have the Jets have Rodgers for his swan song, or, say, their #1 and #3 in this year's draft? For decades I shrugged off Jets draft capital, since them screwing up draft picks was just one level down from death and taxes. After last year...give them Rodgers and a media feeding frenzy.

Jets are screwed. The Packers hold all the cards.

I saw somewhere that specifically said GB is not looking for multiple 1s.

That aside, in the longer term would you rather have the Jets have Rodgers for his swan song, or, say, their #1 and #3 in this year's draft? For decades I shrugged off Jets draft capital, since them screwing up draft picks was just one level down from death and taxes. After last year...give them Rodgers and a media feeding frenzy.
Agreed. I am looking forward to the craziness.

On Colin Cowherd they were saying there's discussion on GB taking some of Rodger salary... huh!??! why the hell would GB do that. I can't believe that's even a discussion point.
Cowherd also said it's not #1 picks being discussed, but possibly two #2's.

I am not convinced that Rogers will make the jets significantly better than last season.
He was rapidly diminishing last season; It's crazy for the Jets to mortgage their future like this for a QB who might last two further seasons at best. Rodgers is not Brady; he's not as committed and does not live and breath the game the way Tom does nor follow the health regimes.

So Brett Favre and Rodgers are like that Spider man meme.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

He was rapidly diminishing last season; It's crazy for the Jets to mortgage their future like this for a QB who might last two further seasons at best. Rodgers is not Brady; he's not as committed and does not live and breath the game the way Tom does nor follow the health regimes.
#Works

Seriously if you're the Packers, why do you not say '2 first round picks and Sauce Gardner"?

The worst that happens is the trade doesn't happen, and Rodgers retires. Oh well. :coffee:

Back