Rodgers to the Jets

While I respect that Rodgers is still capable of being the best QB that franchise has ever had and they should be a much tougher out next season I don't
fear him or them.

I view it like they are forced to risk big resources because of past mistakes and only if they win their first Super Bowl in 54 years will that be viewed as a
success and the potential for a huge shit storm is high if not imminent.

If Rodgers is anything less than fantastic then it's going to be awesome to watch that franchise circle the bowl. Again.

While I respect that Rodgers is still capable of being the best QB that franchise has ever had and they should be a much tougher out next season I don't
fear him or them.

I view it like they are forced to risk big resources because of past mistakes and only if they win their first Super Bowl in 54 years will that be viewed as a
success and the potential for a huge shit storm is high if not imminent.

If Rodgers is anything less than fantastic then it's going to be awesome to watch that franchise circle the bowl. Again.
I like Rodgers, so with that in mind:
There's also an above-average chance that he absolutely shreds the locker room and/or the confidence in (and of) the coaches. If they bring in any more of his targets when they already have proven young (superior) talent, and guys like Cobb (well past spent) and Lazard (JAGgy McJagOff) are taking a significant number of targets from the young bucks, there will be angst of the "trade me" variety.

There's also an above-average chance that he absolutely shreds the locker room and/or the confidence in (and of) the coaches. If they bring in any more of his targets when they already have proven young (superior) talent, and guys like Cobb (well past spent) and Lazard (JAGgy McJagOff) are taking a significant number of targets from the young bucks, there will be angst of the "trade me" variety.

Yep. Another plausible issue. Rodgers wants binkies/cronies none of whom have any upside. I like it.

There are a number of possibilities and only one of them will be awesome for them. Trophy or bust for a franchise
that specializes in massive disasters.

I mean, you'd think having Garrett Wilson, probably the most talented WR he's ever had, would help this, but would he do a Brady freeze-out on him?

I mean, you'd think having Garrett Wilson, probably the most talented WR he's ever had, would help this, but would he do a Brady freeze-out on him?
Not like that, but his guys getting first looks, more targets than earned? Certainly possible, especially in the scenario where he's trying to prove himself right.

Also, Adams, Jennings, Nelson...Driver, too, right? None better than Wilson? Ya think?

Not like that, but his guys getting first looks, more targets than earned? Certainly possible, especially in the scenario where he's trying to prove himself right.

Also, Adams, Jennings, Nelson...Driver, too, right? None better than Wilson? Ya think?
Probably Adams, honestly forgot him. Jennings/Nelson/Driver were all #2s.

Why do the Packers hold all the cards?
It's been reported that the Packers are ready to move on. AR cap hit is horrendous.
Packers have a QB they spent a 1st round pick on ready to go. If the Jets don't meet the Packers' price, Rodgers can either play or retire for the Packers.

Packers have a QB they spent a 1st round pick on ready to go. If the Jets don't meet the Packers' price, Rodgers can either play or retire for the Packers.
If he plays it screws up Love's development and Packers would lose Love next year.
If AR retires, Packers don't get any picks.

If he plays it screws up Love's development and Packers would lose Love next year.
If AR retires, Packers don't get any picks.
If Rodgers is retiring anyway, then it doesn't matter. The Packers literally have all the leverage, because the Jets are staring down another year of Zack Wilson otherwise.

If I'm the Packers I do not budge from that position.
If I’m the Jets, no way I do that. What the hell else are the Packers going to do? A-A Ron doesn’t want to be there and the Packers don’t want him back. I believe if it’s up to JD, it never happens. If Woody sticks his nose in there which he will probably do, it’s possible.

If I’m the Jets, no way I do that. What the hell else are the Packers going to do? A-A Ron doesn’t want to be there and the Packers don’t want him back. I believe if it’s up to JD, it never happens. If Woody sticks his nose in there which he will probably do, it’s possible.
the jets should tell him to fuck off. at most he might have a couple decent years left and i wouldn't think all the freaking drama would be worth it. even if he signs, he'll probably be bitching and passive aggressive publicity-ing in a year or 2 then you guys will be 🙄🙄🙄🙄 and :hang::jerkit:🤦‍♂️🤦🤦‍♀️ just like we did in 2019 when our team's qb went bitch mode all year.

The Jets roster is actually pretty decent. What happened to Berrios? Did they release him?

the jets should tell him to fuck off. at most he might have a couple decent years left and i wouldn't think all the freaking drama would be worth it. even if he signs, he'll probably be bitching and passive aggressive publicity-ing in a year or 2 then you guys will be 🙄🙄🙄🙄 and :hang::jerkit:🤦‍♂️🤦🤦‍♀️ just like we did in 2019 when our team's qb went bitch mode all year.
Lol, I both think and hope you're right.

The big cap hit for Rodgers doesn't trigger until almost week 1. The Packers can proceed as if he won't be there and lose absolutely nothing by waiting through the draft...OTAs...training camp. If the Jets stick to their guns, the Packers will just hold on until the draft is past, then keep holding on. Rodgers won't care, because he hates training camp anyway.

Or the Jets can go with Backstreet Zach

The big cap hit for Rodgers doesn't trigger until almost week 1. The Packers can proceed as if he won't be there and lose absolutely nothing by waiting through the draft...OTAs...training camp. If the Jets stick to their guns, the Packers will just hold on until the draft is past, then keep holding on. Rodgers won't care, because he hates training camp anyway.

Or the Jets can go with Backstreet Zach
Zach's mom is still bangable tho...that's all that matters to me.

Back