Rodney Harrison fires away at Peyton Manning

I love this Rodney basting Manning for crying about his first coaching changes In 11 years. I can't wait to see what harrison saids when football season starts.

In all honesty Rodney will need to be as unflinching in his criticism of the Pats and Chargers or his credibility will suffer.

Well I assume if the pats do something he disagrees with, that he will say so, but in this case he disagreed with manning.

In all honesty Rodney will need to be as unflinching in his criticism of the Pats and Chargers or his credibility will suffer.
Unless he takes the Jerome Bettis approach and more or less admits to being biased towards his former teams.

Which I am fine with. Obviously Rodney is going to look at a team like New England differantly than he would a team like the Colts just because of his experiances as a player. I think that's far more intellectually honest that going to opposite way and being overly harsh to prove you aren't being biased.

Unless he takes the Jerome Bettis approach and more or less admits to being biased towards his former teams.

Which I am fine with. Obviously Rodney is going to look at a team like New England differantly than he would a team like the Colts just because of his experiances as a player. I think that's far more intellectually honest that going to opposite way and being overly harsh to prove you aren't being biased.

Well i mean I hear biased opinons from analysts ion a daily basis. Marshall Faulk being one.

"Intellectual honesty"? This is football, it isn't real life. I hope he says Manning sucks on the air some day. :)

"Intellectual honesty"? This is football, it isn't real life. I hope he says Manning sucks on the air some day. :)

I have to sit and watch Marshall Faulk bash the pats on a daily basis. I had to sit and watch that denver olineman and steve youg say our trophies should be stripped, so yeah having an analyst to be on our side would not suck.

Too bad he has to share the platform with Dungy, who for the life of me I can't figure out why they chose him. The guy is as boring as a slice of dry toast, has no media appeal, and has no, no pun intended, color whatsoever. The guy could barely get fired up on the sidelines....so what's he going to bring to the table?

Rodney is gonna run roughshod over everyone, like he has done his whole career. I cannot wait!!!

Too bad he has to share the platform with Dungy, who for the life of me I can't figure out why they chose him. The guy is as boring as a slice of dry toast, has no media appeal, and has no, no pun intended, color whatsoever. The guy could barely get fired up on the sidelines....so what's he going to bring to the table?

Rodney is gonna run roughshod over everyone, like he has done his whole career. I cannot wait!!!
Yeah, I have to more or less agree with you there.

But he does know alot about football. I'd like to think that it was a hiring focusing less on sizzle than on the steak, but it's probably just because "most" of America looks at him as a really nice guy who doesn't offend them.

New England fans excluded of course.

But he does know alot about football. I'd like to think that it was a hiring focusing less on sizzle than on the steak, but it's probably just because "most" of America looks at him as a really nice guy who doesn't offend them.

New England fans excluded of course.

I guess they have to include some God-Country-Flag into football to please everyone. I hope the pats are on their best behavior so he does not have to scold them on the air.

People who don't mind other peoples beliefs stuffed down their throats excluded of course.

Fixed it up a touch for ya!:thumb:

What Rodney said about Manning I agreed with wholeheartedly. He also said here:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/66223/index.html
that he thinks Dungy is a great guy. I respect his opinion on both of those topics not because I AGREE with both, but because I know Rodney isn't some shill who says things he doesn't believe wholeheartedly. That is one reason why I have always liked him and that is the type of guy they need more of on TV, not apologists who ballwash guys no matter what they do. Those are a dime a dozen.

I actually think he will be a good foil for Dungy since I don't expect them to agree on a whole lot.

I love Rodney's candor.

And he's smart as hell.

What's going to happen when he rips the Pats or a Patriot, though? How will we all react then?

my guess is that if he does it, it will be something we're all already bitching about anyway, so it will neither be a surprise or unwarranted.

Maybe somebody should remind rodney of the bad choices he has made in the past as he was a defensive leader on his team.

I don't totally disagree with everything Rodney said, but I also don't think it's as big of a deal as he is making it seem. The only issue Manning has IMO is that he has an incomplete coaching staff in June. Brady and most other QBs haven't had to deal with that. Manning's comments had nothing to do with Caldwell or Christensen and everything to do with the Mudd/Moore situation not being resolved yet. They have had an incomplete coaching staff at OTAs bc the two new hires just got there a week ago and are learning the system. This pension issue should have been resolved back in March and IMO that is why Manning is frustrated. The Colts are the only team in the NFL still hiring people in late May, and that's what the media is failing to report IMO.

I don't totally disagree with everything Rodney said, but I also don't think it's as big of a deal as he is making it seem. The only issue Manning has IMO is that he has an incomplete coaching staff in June. Brady and most other QBs haven't had to deal with that. Manning's comments had nothing to do with Caldwell or Christensen and everything to do with the Mudd/Moore situation not being resolved yet. They have had an incomplete coaching staff at OTAs bc the two new hires just got there a week ago and are learning the system. This pension issue should have been resolved back in March and IMO that is why Manning is frustrated. The Colts are the only team in the NFL still hiring people in late May, and that's what the media is failing to report IMO.
Manning might be right on the substance.

But saying that stuff publicly is stupid.

It serves no purpose and makes him look like a whiner, not a leader.

Plus, he's exceptionally ugly.

yawn

Rodney's just gettin his hits in now, since he won't get to on the field any longer.

yawn

Rodney's just gettin his hits in now, since he won't get to on the field any longer.

What a load of shit that is. Rodney has always been a straight shooter. Face it, Rodney is right, and you just don't want to hear anything negative about your Douche Bag of a QB.

Back