Rodney Harrison fires away at Peyton Manning

What a load of shit that is. Rodney has always been a straight shooter. Face it, Rodney is right, and you just don't want to hear anything negative about your Douche Bag of a QB.

:wave:

Hey, I like Rodney... But it kills me how you guys get all in a tizzy when someone else (especially Colts players and/or coaches) says something about your team, yet you applaud and claim it as gospel truth when one of your players says something about another team.

:shrug:

:wave:

Hey, I like Rodney... But it kills me how you guys get all in a tizzy when someone else (especially Colts players and/or coaches) says something about your team, yet you applaud and claim it as gospel truth when one of your players says something about another team.

Let's be clear.

We love Rodney.

One reason why we love Rodney, among many other reasons, is that he's a straight shooter and candid guy.

Many of us hate Peyton.

But more to the point, Rodney said something about Peyton that any objective person would know is correct.

So when a Colts fan responds with "boring," and then calls out some Pats fans for having a typical reaction or some such thing, it's a little hypocritical, no?

I mean I think we can all admit that Peyton is probably right about the COlts' F'd up coaching situation, Peyton should have not said anything about that to the press. doing that serves no purpose, doing that is not what a team leader should do, Rodney's response to it was right on the money and athat the notion that Rodney said it now because he's no longer on the field is BS.

Right?

Let's be clear.

We love Rodney.

One reason why we love Rodney, among many other reasons, is that he's a straight shooter and candid guy.

Many of us hate Peyton.

But more to the point, Rodney said something about Peyton that any objective person would know is correct.

So when a Colts fan responds with "boring," and then calls out some Pats fans for having a typical reaction or some such thing, it's a little hypocritical, no?

I mean I think we can all admit that Peyton is probably right about the COlts' F'd up coaching situation, Peyton should have not said anything about that to the press. doing that serves no purpose, doing that is not what a team leader should do, Rodney's response to it was right on the money and athat the notion that Rodney said it now because he's no longer on the field is BS.

Right?

Funny that you mentioned hypocritical, because that's exactly the point I was trying to make.

Someone other than a Pat says something about a Pat = Bad

Pat says something about another team = Good

Funny that you mentioned hypocritical, because that's exactly the point I was trying to make.

There's a minor difference...ex-pat says something about another team. The point here, and that Rodney himself was making, is that typically the Pats players aren't making brash comments. When they leave, it's fair game for them to vent all those pent up comments they must have from years of silence ;) which is what separates Rodney from, say, Peyton or LdT.

There's a minor difference...ex-pat says something about another team. The point here, and that Rodney himself was making, is that typically the Pats players aren't making brash comments. When they leave, it's fair game for them to vent all those pent up comments they must have from years of silence ;) which is what separates Rodney from, say, Peyton or LdT.

Understand, and yeah, I was gonna say something about the "straight shooter" comment, but I let it go. Cause we all know nobody in the Pats org is a "straight shooter" when they're employed by the team... they're all "script readers" and/or mimes. :D

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

I don't totally disagree with everything Rodney said, but I also don't think it's as big of a deal as he is making it seem. The only issue Manning has IMO is that he has an incomplete coaching staff in June. Brady and most other QBs haven't had to deal with that. Manning's comments had nothing to do with Caldwell or Christensen and everything to do with the Mudd/Moore situation not being resolved yet. They have had an incomplete coaching staff at OTAs bc the two new hires just got there a week ago and are learning the system. This pension issue should have been resolved back in March and IMO that is why Manning is frustrated. The Colts are the only team in the NFL still hiring people in late May, and that's what the media is failing to report IMO.

Did the Patriots name an offensive coordinator yet?

You might not remember, but the Patriots have lost both offensive and defensive coordinators at the same time (Weis and Crennel), a QB coach (Rehbein) due to death, another D coach (mangini), another O coach (McDaniels), who, if I'm not mistaken, they have not named another offensive coordinator yet, and others. I haven't heard one iota of frustration coming from NE about coaching losses, nor has the team suffered because the de facto leader of the Patriots puts a smile on his face every time he steps in front of a camera.

By speaking out in the manner he did, Manning put a big fat bull's eye on his team.

And don't get me wrong, I'm one of the few Pats fans who actually likes Peyton.

I don't totally disagree with everything Rodney said, but I also don't think it's as big of a deal as he is making it seem. The only issue Manning has IMO is that he has an incomplete coaching staff in June. Brady and most other QBs haven't had to deal with that. Manning's comments had nothing to do with Caldwell or Christensen and everything to do with the Mudd/Moore situation not being resolved yet. They have had an incomplete coaching staff at OTAs bc the two new hires just got there a week ago and are learning the system. This pension issue should have been resolved back in March and IMO that is why Manning is frustrated. The Colts are the only team in the NFL still hiring people in late May, and that's what the media is failing to report IMO.
Let me refresh your memory.

Brady lost his OC when Weis went to ND in 2004, and Belichick chose not to have an OC the following year (2005).

The Patriots lost their OC (McDaniels) this past off-season, and haven't replaced him.

It seems to me that Brady has experienced exactly what Manning has. He's just reacted to it differently.

Understand, and yeah, I was gonna say something about the "straight shooter" comment, but I let it go. Cause we all know nobody in the Pats org is a "straight shooter" when they're employed by the team... they're all "script readers" and/or mimes. :D

I'm pretty sure, and I can't remember whether it was Mudd or Moore, but he was labeled as the best videotaping guy in the league when the whole Pats taping thing was blown out of proportion. So I'm pretty sure the Colts had a good read on signals themselves.

Everyone knows that the only "straight shooter" on the Pats is Brandon Meriweather!!111!
Seriously? Mostly, yeah they are party line types CKA. But there are/were some players who would say things publicly that would make me raise my eyebrows a bit. They tended to guys I thought of as BB's favorites like Vrabel or Rodney.

I'm pretty sure, and I can't remember whether it was Mudd or Moore, but he was labeled as the best videotaping guy in the league when the whole Pats taping thing was blown out of proportion. So I'm pretty sure the Colts had a good read on signals themselves.

Mudd. Hes the one who taught Jimmy Johnson who said he was a master at it.

Nobody cared.:sulk:

Maybe somebody should remind rodney of the bad choices he has made in the past as he was a defensive leader on his team.
oh, pleeze :shake: Mr. Skeezits........

save your lameass baiting for the slack-jawed mouthbreathers onna a Jags board willya? :Lecture: elevate your game when you here, kthnxbubye

:blink:

I was talking about response to media (or lack thereof).

You're ignoring the fact that Dungy didn't correct Rodney. Dungy knows that what Rodney said was correct.

You're ignoring the fact that Dungy didn't correct Rodney. Dungy knows that what Rodney said was correct.

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm just pointing out the different opinions on who can say what about who, and how it's perceived by different fan bases.

Actually Lisa, it was stealing signals (the legal way), not taping them.

Subtle, but fairly important differance.

Actually Lisa, it was stealing signals (the legal way), not taping them.

Subtle, but fairly important differance.

Nope. It was specifically video taping. Jimmy Johnson went into great detail about all of it several times on the pre game Fox show. He couldn't understand what all the fuss was about because so many people had been doing it for so many years.

Nope. It was specifically video taping. Jimmy Johnson went into great detail about all of it several times on the pre game Fox show. He couldn't understand what all the fuss was about because so many people had been doing it for so many years.

It's almost like all those Jimmy Johnson interviews never happened.

Not to mention the Bill Parcells ones, where he said the same thing several times.

Well of course Rodney wasn't going to say anything inconsistent with the team's message when he played for the Pats. No rocket science there.

That doesn't change the fact that Rodney was right about what he said about Peyton.

But keep focusing on Rodney and keep ignoring that he was right.

Face it, your QB is a walking vagina. He's got a great arm, but he's a walking, breathing vaginal orifice.

It's almost like all those Jimmy Johnson interviews never happened.

Not to mention the Bill Parcells ones, where he said the same thing several times.

To this day, it baffles me. When other very well respected coaches admit to doing it and nobody cared. Seriously, how the **** does that happen?? I'll never get it.

To JJ's credit, he kept yelling it from the rooftops to get his point across though.

Well of course Rodney wasn't going to say anything inconsistent with the team's message when he played for the Pats. No rocket science there.

That doesn't change the fact that Rodney was right about what he said about Peyton.

But keep focusing on Rodney and keep ignoring that he was right.

Face it, your QB is a walking vagina. He's got a great arm, but he's a walking, breathing vaginal orifice.

I don't recall saying he was wrong.....

Back