Rollercoaster death

I stopped riding rollercoasters in 96. I rode this Giant in 92 and then the Rattler at Six Flags in San Antonio many times over the next four years, but they really jolted my neck so I quit.

The Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas has been shut down as well.

What a hideous way to go.
Posted via Mobile Device

I stopped riding rollercoasters in 96. I rode this Giant in 92 and then the Rattler at Six Flags in San Antonio many times over the next four years, but they really jolted my neck so I quit.

Posted via Mobile Device

I never liked the one that jolted you around either...the nice smooth ones with the shoulder harness and your feet dangling, those are better, but yeah, I have not rode anything in years, I figured I had enough excitement going on in my head already.

Astroworld in Houston had the metal /harness /hanging kind. Smooth as silk.
Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

The really jerky rides that I remember as not being fun and I quit riding was the Wild Mouse. Far more bone rattling and neck snapping than thrilling IMO.

I will never get the logic or desire to ride these damn rides. Oh look at me being thrown hundreds of feet in the air to my death. What a great time.

I will never get the logic or desire to ride these damn rides. Oh look at me being thrown hundreds of feet in the air to my death. What a great time.

Yeah I have control issues anyway, being strapped into something that I cannot get out of and thrown all over the place just does not do it for me.

To be fair, i don't think that was the goal.:coffee:

I head directly to the water parks at both Sea World and Fiesta Texas. I'll take a sunburn over a snapped neck or death thankyouverymuch.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah I have control issues anyway, being strapped into something that I cannot get out of and thrown all over the place just does not do it for me.
That's me too. Throw in a crippling fear of heights and I'm all set.
To be fair, i don't think that was the goal.:coffee:

I don't trust those carnival ride operators...they're shady ;)

I head directly to the water parks at both Sea World and Fiesta Texas. I'll take a sunburn over a snapped neck or death thankyouverymuch.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Manta and the Kraken are AWESOME at Sea World!

Sure seem safe and super smooth too!

I've got a ride you can go on:coffee:

What happened to pervert planet?

I always though the bigger places like Six flags and such were ran by the state so that the rides and everything can be tested and passed by engineer's and such, but its actually the park that manages its own safety regs and process. I was a bit surprised by that.

I always though the bigger places like Six flags and such were ran by the state so that the rides and everything can be tested and passed by engineer's and such, but its actually the park that manages its own safety regs and process. I was a bit surprised by that.

I think the small ones that travel from town to town are even scarier.

yeah you will not catch me near that...that room that spins around with everyone against the wall.....there is not enough money to get me on that thing.

I had a friend who went to a small college in central New York. The college brought in one of those traveling carnivals, and my friend went on one of those human gyroscope death traps.

Well, it malfunctioned, and my friend's arm restraints opened, and she was swung around by her ankles.

Suffice it to say, she broke both of her tibias, fibulas, and other bones in her feet/ankles. Took her about 5 years of rehab to get back to normal.

I had a friend who went to a small college in central New York. The college brought in one of those traveling carnivals, and my friend went on one of those human gyroscope death traps.

Well, it malfunctioned, and my friend's arm restraints opened, and she was swung around by her ankles.

Suffice it to say, she broke both of her tibias, fibulas, and other bones in her feet/ankles. Took her about 5 years of rehab to get back to normal.

That sucks. My kids begged me to take them to one, but we didn't have time. Glad we didn't.

The really jerky rides that I remember as not being fun and I quit riding was the Wild Mouse. Far more bone rattling and neck snapping than thrilling IMO.

I remember the Wild Mouse and yeah what you said

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/baFQEX6SrVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D873BvetoWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I spent many summers riding the coasters at Lincoln Park and Rocky Point. I love 'em!

Back